Snacks released

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Much better run stopper  and overall player than Star.... too bad we basically guaranteed Stars roster status a week ago with the restructured contract. 

Interestingly, your post prompted me to look at Spotrac again to see Star's dead cap hit.  Prior to the restructure, 2021 was a potential out with a dead cap hit of around $2.1M, IIRC.  With the restructure, his dead cap hit is $7.7M in 2021, so Star is most likely here until 2022 (dead cap $2.6M), where he becomes a UFA in 2023; Beane committed to Star for another year, at least.  McD and Beane seem to really like Star.

• Like (+1) 1

If that’s the end for Snacks he can retire knowing he put together a hell of a career for an UDFA. The Jets 100% should have re-signed him instead of Mo Wilkerson in 2016. 

Personality-wise I think Snacks got a “Locker Room Lawyer” rep at the end of his career which probably hurts him in free agency. 

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Interestingly, your post prompted me to look at Spotrac again to see Star's dead cap hit.  Prior to the restructure, 2021 was a potential out with a dead cap hit of around $2.1M, IIRC.  With the restructure, his dead cap hit is $7.7M in 2021, so Star is most likely here until 2022 (dead cap $2.6M), where he becomes a UFA in 2023; Beane committed to Star for another year, at least.  McD and Beane seem to really like Star.

They probably like him because he does was he is supposed to do.  Funny how that works.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

They probably like him because he does was he is supposed to do.  Funny how that works.

If you think Star is an above average 1-tech, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

It’s almost like 26 year All-Pros don’t regularly hit free agency. Weird.

Yet they will find the fountain of youth and become game changers for the Bills.... amazing how that works.

Thank you for helping prove the point.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

If you think Star is an above average 1-tech, I don't know what to tell you.

You could tell him that he's absolutely correct, or that more specifically he's an above-average space-eater.

You could tell him there's a reason that the brain trust paid him that money and doubled down on keeping him longer, and that the reason is that he consistently does what the coaches want and need him to do.

You could also tell him that there seem to be a group of fans who don't like him but that they don't seem to get that what they feel is beside the point, that it's the coaches and the front office and what they feel that matters, not some group of fans with a weird grudge.

Snacks is also an above-average 1-tech. At his peak he was among the very best space-eaters in the game. He no longer seems to be at his peak, unfortunately. I've always loved how he plays.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2