Gore on DC radio interview

zow2

Heard an interview with Frank Gore this morning.  Lot's of fluff questions about his days at the U and with the 49ers..  Obviously he's rooting for SF in the Super Bowl.  Regarding his time with the Bills he had a few things to say:

- Enjoyed seeing Josh Allen grow in his 2nd full season. took a step forward. He's a very competitive guy. Had fun playing w him

- Bills have a great Locker-room, they have so much talent. Gonna make some noise the next couple years.

- Coach McDermott and Beane have done an excellent job.  

He's a man of few words so what he says carries weight.  I thought it was interesting how he referred to the Bills as "they" a few times.  Not we.  Like he's on the outside looking in.

• Thank you (+1) 2

It was great having Gore on the team this past year.  I know that his wisdom helped a lot of young players and he acquitted himself well when Singletary pulled his hamstring.  But clearly he and everyone knows that the next step up for the team is to strengthen our running game further by bringing in someone to pair with Singletary that brings the heat every down for 18-19 games!

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Heard an interview with Frank Gore this morning.  Lot's of fluff questions about his days at the U and with the 49ers..  Obviously he's rooting for SF in the Super Bowl.  Regarding his time with the Bills he had a few things to say:

- Enjoyed seeing Josh Allen grow in his 2nd full season. took a step forward. He's a very competitive guy. Had fun playing w him

- Bills have a great Locker-room, they have so much talent. Gonna make some noise the next couple years.

He's a man of few words so what he says carries weight.  I thought it was interesting how he referred to the Bills as "they" a few times.  Not we.  Like he's on the outside looking in.

I think hes very well aware he won't be back next season. Plus he may be ready to hang it up

I don't read to much into the "they" stuff.  I mean, he was only there for a season -- less than 9 months.  What's important is that you can tell he respects the organization and thinks it is a talented team (that will only add that many more pieces this offseason).

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

I was just reading from somewhere today that he said enjoyed playing this year for buffalo and he was sure that someone would want him next year. Said he'd really like to go back and play for Miami again

I believe he is from there or lives there during the offseason. He did go to The U.

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I believe he is from there or lives there during the offseason. He did go to The U.

and I believe his son is signed to play for Florida Atlantic U.. which is right there in Boca.  So Miami would be a win/win for the Gore's.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I thought I read he was open to coming back another season for someone already. 
I don’t think he’ll be back here, but I do think he still has some effectiveness to his game. 
As with many players on offense I don’t think we utilized his skill set very well at times and that had fans turning on him extremely fast. 
He is obviously slowing down but given the right play calls and offense I still believe he can get you those 3-4 yards most every play. 
He’s just no longer effective at making a play when it’s not there anymore. Obviously that’s what we need the most and why singletary was so effective. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Do you happen to have a linky to the interview?

I imagine he knows that he won't be back.  He helped polish the Bills "Young Gun" RB.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

and I believe his son is signed to play for Florida Atlantic U.. which is right there in Boca.  So Miami would be a win/win for the Gore's.

His son initially verbally committed to Florida Atlantic but I think then he withdrew and signed with Ole Miss? 

Negative, just looked it up, Frank Gore Jr to Southern Miss

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I thought I read he was open to coming back another season for someone already. 
I don’t think he’ll be back here, but I do think he still has some effectiveness to his game. 
As with many players on offense I don’t think we utilized his skill set very well at times and that had fans turning on him extremely fast. 
He is obviously slowing down but given the right play calls and offense I still believe he can get you those 3-4 yards most every play. 
He’s just no longer effective at making a play when it’s not there anymore. Obviously that’s what we need the most and why singletary was so effective. 

I think Frank could still get those 3 ypc with the right blocking

The thing is, if you have good run blocking it's a lot easier for anyone to get them, and if you have a young, prime "anyone" he might be better able to break one

• Like (+1) 1

What would there have been for Gore not to like this past year?  He moved up to 3 on the all time rushing list.  He also didn’t have to take a pounding all year...and got paid!    Perfect.