The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Why hasn't the pandemic been declared over in the United States?  Did the metric for that move to "until I'm no longer scared someone might get sick and die - average age 78."   

Cases plummeting around the world to.  Odd.  

Screenshot_20210601-201601_Chrome.jpg

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, John Adams said:

High quality contributions to PPP, I'm sure. 

image.thumb.png.7d84e9e39ea73e0465b876ec82c93da4.png

image.thumb.png.60488be6baa86bf2e4c748b06b72dbe5.png

Oh no.  John Adams does not approve of my posts.

The board's "Voice from above" has spoken....................😄

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Oh no.  John Adams does not approve of my posts.

The board's "Voice from above" has spoken....................😄

Not just you. Billstime is right there with you in the running for Chief Bloviator now that DR went to the safe space. 

On 4/27/2021 at 11:51 AM, Big Blitz said:

Stanford Medical Professor On DeSantis: COVID Success Because He’s ‘Very Well Informed,’ Better Than ‘Most Epidemiologists’

Jayanta Bhattacharya, professor of medicine at the University of Stanford, raved about Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis during a recent interview, saying that DeSantis was unlike any politician that he has ever met because of how well DeSantis researched and understood the science involving COVID-19.

“I’ve never met a politician that like him. He’s extraordinary,” Bhattacharya said on “The Tom Woods Show” with host Tom Woods. “We had a two-hour conversation, about COVID policies, this is in September of last year … and he had read all the papers I referenced and not just my just my articles, lots and lots of other papers. He knew all the details, it was a remarkable conversation. And then we had this like roundtable on September 25th, with Martin and Mike Leavitt, and with DeSantis leading it, and the next day he lifted most of the restrictions all across Florida.”

Bhattacharya — who has a PhD in economics in addition to being a medical doctor — said that DeSantis had a unique combination of “intellectual bravery” and the “willingness to take a stand.”

• Haha (+1) 1

Never Let a Plague Go To Waste

by Victor Davis Hanson

During America’s first-ever national lockdown, thousands of unelected bureaucrats, as well as federal and state governments, assumed enormous powers not usually accorded them. They picked and chose which businesses could stay open without much rationale. They sent the infected into rest homes occupied by the weak and vulnerable. Their rules of prosecuting those who violated social distancing, sheltering in place, mask-wearing, or violent protesting hinged on political grounds. Their spending bills on “infrastructure” and “health care” were excuses to lard up redistributive entitlements. Conservatives moaned that left-wing agendas were at work beneath the pretenses of saving us from the pandemic. And the giddy Left bragged it was true.

https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/02/never-let-a-plague-go-to-waste/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This has to be a parody:

Americans are celebrating steps toward normalcy. But the real test of Covid-19 progress is 2 weeks away, expert says

CNN)While Memorial Day was a milestone for a return to a sense of normalcy from the Covid-19 pandemic, it could take another two weeks to determine where the US really stands, an expert said.

"In some ways, this was the first big stress test," CNN medical analyst Dr. Leana Wen said. "We have restrictions lifted en masse, people going about their normal lives. We know that in the past, after major holidays and an increase in travel, that we then had a substantial uptick in the rate of infections."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Nope.

Real.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

This has to be a parody:

Americans are celebrating steps toward normalcy. But the real test of Covid-19 progress is 2 weeks away, expert says

CNN)While Memorial Day was a milestone for a return to a sense of normalcy from the Covid-19 pandemic, it could take another two weeks to determine where the US really stands, an expert said.

"In some ways, this was the first big stress test," CNN medical analyst Dr. Leana Wen said. "We have restrictions lifted en masse, people going about their normal lives. We know that in the past, after major holidays and an increase in travel, that we then had a substantial uptick in the rate of infections."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/health/us-coronavirus-wednesday/index.html

Nope.

Real.  

Do we know whether President Joe has approved gatherings of more than one person for the 4th of July yet?  Last I heard he wasn’t sure he was going to let people gather, mingle, de-mask and barbecue.  

By people I mean the little people, not his family of course.

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Do we know whether President Joe has approved gatherings of more than one person for the 4th of July yet?  Last I heard he wasn’t sure he was going to let people gather, mingle, de-mask and barbecue.  

By people I mean the little people, not his family of course.

I sure hope so. As a professional Chef I have a hard time scaling down for two. Wife and I have been living on last year’s Fourth BBQ leftovers for nearly a year. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

The U.S. Has Failed to Persuade Americans to Get Vaccines. Here's How It Should Course-Correct

https://time.com/6053504/vaccination-rate-marketing/

tenor.gif

How about if you get the vaccine by August 1 you get a $1000 stimulus check?