The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Novel idea... Trump would have cut this like he did our pandemic infrastructure preparedness teams....

So novel...Trump already started that last year. :lol:

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thanks, Biden!

Biden gave Trump that idea last year?  Didn't know that (probably because it never happened).  Remember that off-shoring medical devices and medicine worsened under Obamacare.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Biden gave Trump that idea last year?  Didn't know that (probably because it never happened).  Remember that off-shoring medical devices and medicine worsened under Obamacare.

LMAO - was it Obamacare or our tax policy? Which was it?

PS: Deflect much?

45 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - was it Obamacare or our tax policy? Which was it?

PS: Deflect much?

It was Obamacare that pushed significantly more offshore.  Sorry if the truth is inconvenient.

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Did they let everyone know before the de facto forced experimental vaccination?

Yes they let you know that you might get a headache or slight fever when you get the vaccine. Pretty well documented and not surprising. 

The vaccine works. Getting Covid works. Covid kills and is contagious. Maybe I’ll grow a grow a third eye but it seemed like an easy choice to get the vaccine and end this thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Yes they let you know that you might get a headache or slight fever when you get the vaccine. Pretty well documented and not surprising. 

The vaccine works. Getting Covid works. Covid kills and is contagious. Maybe I’ll grow a grow a third eye but it seemed like an easy choice to get the vaccine and end this thing. 

“Choice” is key here. 

1 minute ago, Sundancer said:

Informed choice is key. Very little information of quality in this thread. 

Using the link you responded to, if one gets the virus, recovers and as a result, develops immunity to it, why wouldn’t a study by the Cleveland Clinic be something an individual might want to consider?  Why wouldn’t the CDC be interested in that data to help shape advice and guidance?  

It seems you’re advocating for acquiescence, which seems at odds with making an informed choice. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The study said “ no need for those who have had Covid to get vaccine” , followed by “ those who have had Covid are 2x more likely to adverse reactions “

According to those two statements, someone who has previously had Covid would have to be a complete idiot to get a shot that provides zero additional benefit but has a high chance of making you sick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Using the link you responded to, if one gets the virus, recovers and as a result, develops immunity to it, why wouldn’t a study by the Cleveland Clinic be something an individual might want to consider?  Why wouldn’t the CDC be interested in that data to help shape advice and guidance?  

It seems you’re advocating for acquiescence, which seems at odds with making an informed choice. 

Thank you for putting words I didn’t say in my mouth. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Did they let everyone know before the de facto forced experimental vaccination?

This study really highlights the importance of vaccination for those who have not had Covid or a vaccine yet.

E3b2oxvXMAE0xPJ?format=jpg&name=large

Glad to hear data is finally coming out about those who have been infected previously. 

Edited by 716er
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

The study said “ no need for those who have had Covid to get vaccine” , followed by “ those who have had Covid are 2x more likely to adverse reactions “

According to those two statements, someone who has previously had Covid would have to be a complete idiot to get a shot that provides zero additional benefit but has a high chance of making you sick. 

A single shot may provide benefit according to the UPenn study (trouble linking it for some reason but not hard to find)  and the “getting you sick” piece is headache and a fever. No risk, no evil afoot, and no idiots for getting a shot or not post getting Covid. People not getting the shot take their risk of getting and spreading. 

Just now, Sundancer said:

A single shot may provide benefit according to the UPenn study (trouble linking it for some reason but not hard to find)  and the “getting you sick” piece is headache and a fever. No risk, no evil afoot, and no idiots for getting a shot or not post getting Covid. People not getting the shot take their risk of getting and spreading. 

guess you dont like to read. The study done by the Cleveland Clinic posited getting a shot provided no additional protection over natural anti bodies formed by those that have had Covid. 

So, if it adds no additional benefit, why would someone take the shot that potentially can make  them sick. Just answer that question in the context of this study.

And BTW, i know plenty of people that was not a " headache and a fever" but were in bed for 2 or  3 days feeling like a truck had run them over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

guess you dont like to read. The study done by the Cleveland Clinic posited getting a shot provided no additional protection over natural anti bodies formed by those that have had Covid. 

So, if it adds no additional benefit, why would someone take the shot that potentially can make  them sick. Just answer that question in the context of this study.

And BTW, i know plenty of people that was not a " headache and a fever" but were in bed for 2 or  3 days feeling like a truck had run them over.

Do you choose to be an ####### just because “Internet”?

I don’t say anyone has to do anything. My own take is that a two day exhaustion to not be part of the problem of spreading Covid seems minimal. 

Here’s the study I mentioned. 

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/news-releases/2021/april/penn-study-suggests-those-who-had-covid19-may-only-need-one-vaccine-dose

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Thank you for putting words I didn’t say in my mouth. 

I'll try again. 

We can agree to disagree if you prefer, but when one says "it seems", another way to say it is "it seems to me".  It's entirely possible when I say "it seems", that my interpretation of what you said is incorrect.  

Your first post in response to the Cleveland Clinic story included this:

If someone had the virus, survived and has developed an immunity to it, I'm not sure why it's an 'easy choice' to get vaccinated beyond running with the herd because the herd is running.   If I was in that situation, I would think it's perfectly reasonable to skip being vaccinated, and probably the right choice medically speaking.  

Disclaimer:  All of these words are mine and mine alone. No mouths were filled during the preparation of this response.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1