On 7/30/2021 at 12:15 PM, ALF said:

Provincetown,Ma   July 4 covid outbreak    This was a CDC study

469 Ma. residents infected

74%-346 people fully vaccinated

79% of fully vaccinated reported symptoms 

no deaths

this can spread from vaccinated to unvaccinated 

How many people were there?

What kind of symptoms did they report?  Sniffles?  Sore throat?

As to the bolded, you don't know that.  No one does.  If you have proof of this please provide it.  And even if it does, there is a free widely available way a person can negate that.

Key part: No deaths.  We originally freaked out about this because of 3000 deaths a day.  We are now down to more people dying every day of Alzheimer's than COVID.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

How does he know this?  Some goofy poll I guess.

"One segment of people who have avoided shots is vehemently opposed to the idea. But there is a second group, surveys suggest, that is still deciding."

Translation: "Obviously conservatives are the main problem, but there are others too."

"those who say they are adamant in their refusal of the coronavirus vaccines[...]include a mix of people but tend to be disproportionately white, rural, evangelical Christian and politically conservative,"

Translation:

"Conservatives are morons."

"With cases surging and hospitalizations rising, health officials are making progress in inoculating this second group, who surveys suggest account for less than half of all unvaccinated adults in the United States."

Translation: non-conservative vaccine-hesitant are not generally morons and can be made to listen to reason.

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

As to the bolded, you don't know that.  No one does.  If you have proof of this please provide it.  And even if it does, there is a free widely available way a person can negate that.

Key part: No deaths.  We originally freaked out about this because of 3000 deaths a day.  We are now down to more people dying every day of Alzheimer's than COVID.  

And only seven hospitalizations in what was like the perfect tsunami for a super spreader event.  The headline really should read, "WHOLLY CRAP THESE VACCINES ARE EFFECTIVE AT PREVENTING SEVERE ILLNESS AND DEATH."

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This is the best I can do

Can a vaccinated person give Covid to unvaccinated?

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said recent studies had shown that those vaccinated individuals who do become infected with Covid have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated, making it possible for them to spread the virus to others.4 days ago

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-30/provincetown-outbreak-shows-delta-can-spread-among-vaccinated-but-cases-are-mild

Edited by ALF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ALF said:

CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said recent studies had shown that those vaccinated individuals who do become infected with Covid have just as much viral load as the unvaccinated, making it possible for them to spread the virus to others.4 days ago

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-07-30/provincetown-outbreak-shows-delta-can-spread-among-vaccinated-but-cases-are-mild

Thanks for the link.  I don't think its up to contributors here to "prove' or "disprove" the validity or conclusions of some medical study by searching the world for "evidence".  That's a function of the research process.  One such function is "peer review".

Typically when medical researchers publish a study it goes through "peer review" prior to publication.  Articles in places like the New England Journal of medicine.  Or posted by organizations like the Mayo Clinic or Johns Hopkins.  This provides a layer of confirmation and analysis among the medical community of "experts" in the field of study.  Validating study design, assumptions, conclusions, etc.  Weighing the opinions of those that agree and disagree with the study's conclusions.  What I don't know is what level of peer review the CDC studies have been put through?  I suspect little to none but doing this would go a long way in providing more credibility to their conclusions.  

IMO the problem bigger than the virus is the credibility issues of government and "experts".  Something a little transparency and honesty could easily solve.  But that simple observations seems lost on the people in charge. 

3 hours ago, ALF said:

It’s obvious that the CDC does not know what they are doing.  Wear a mask.  Don’t wear a mask.  Wear two masks.  Vaccines work.  Oh wait.  You should still wear a mask even if vaccinated.   What’s next?  Biden has screwed this up so badly.  Americans have no idea what to do.  If only we had a leader who wasn’t demented and focused on Squad agenda.   What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Irv said:

It’s obvious that the CDC does not know what they are doing.  Wear a mask.  Don’t wear a mask.  Wear two masks.  Vaccines work.  Oh wait.  You should still wear a mask even if vaccinated.   What’s next?  Biden has screwed this up so badly.  Americans have no idea what to do.  If only we had a leader who wasn’t demented and focused on Squad agenda.   What a mess.  

I couldn’t agree more. But mostly on the hypocrisy of the coverage of the messaging. These people crucified Trump for his messaging. They wanted to be in charge so badly, but they’re actually doing worse! 

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Now the ‘I work on the COVID floor at my hospital’ variant is spreading on Twitter thanks to a veterinarian

Early this week we told you about the “I just left the ER” variant making the rounds on Twitter after a doctor tweeted about “getting crushed by COVID-19.” “99% of our ICU admits did NOT receive a vaccine. Virtually ALL of them wish they had,” his tweet read, as did several others using the exact same wording.

Now, a veterinarian who’s challenging Rep. Lauren Boebert for Congress appears to be patient zero for the “I work on the COVID floor” variant on Twitter.

Reactions were hilarious

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/31/now-the-i-work-on-the-covid-floor-at-my-hospital-variant-is-spreading-on-twitter-thanks-to-a-veterinarian/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Now the ‘I work on the COVID floor at my hospital’ variant is spreading on Twitter thanks to a veterinarian

Early this week we told you about the “I just left the ER” variant making the rounds on Twitter after a doctor tweeted about “getting crushed by COVID-19.” “99% of our ICU admits did NOT receive a vaccine. Virtually ALL of them wish they had,” his tweet read, as did several others using the exact same wording.

Now, a veterinarian who’s challenging Rep. Lauren Boebert for Congress appears to be patient zero for the “I work on the COVID floor” variant on Twitter.

Reactions were hilarious

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/07/31/now-the-i-work-on-the-covid-floor-at-my-hospital-variant-is-spreading-on-twitter-thanks-to-a-veterinarian/

But, but I've been assured Twitter does not allow mis-information.  So it all must be true!  Even though in my state hospitalizations are around 15% of what they were last April.  And my county has not reported a death since June 8th.  And the local hospital has 4 COVID patients.  

• Like (+1) 1

What a failure.  Demented Biden and Token Harris have screwed this up so badly.   They are so focused on hating America and promoting the Squad agenda, they’ve let the virus get out of control.  What a mess.  

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

At least three of those accounts that I checked were right wing anti vaxxers. Song and Overclock. Another appeared to be but it’s been suspended. So it looks like an intentional crap posting campaign. 

Why does everyone post Twats so much with all this crap. Can no one think their own thoughts and link deeper sources? 

1 minute ago, OrangeBills said:

Its the Lie

Its meant to ultimately control your life

It is a lie. Those are all anti vax accounts. 

meanwhile Florida has more people

in the hospital for Covid than at any time yet in the pandemic. 

https://apnews.com/article/business-health-florida-coronavirus-pandemic-7ca97f0d685ab25559cf9b51cfc077eb

I really didn’t expect we be back to seeing ***** like this. 

17 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

At least three of those accounts that I checked were right wing anti vaxxers. Song and Overclock. Another appeared to be but it’s been suspended. So it looks like an intentional crap posting campaign. 

Why does everyone post Twats so much with all this crap. Can no one think their own thoughts and link deeper sources? 

I think it’s just to illustrate how everything is rigged, and you can’t believe anything you hear or read...

We now live in a world of fake news, indoctrination and censorship...welcome to “the new normal” America...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think it’s just to illustrate how everything is rigged, and you can’t believe anything you hear or read...

We now live in a world of fake news, indoctrination and censorship...welcome to “the new normal” America...

So you’re saying Big Blitz and Bills Time are reflective of America?