The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

31 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I recognize my opinion is controversial.  We’ve tried your approach and people are either too stubborn or ignorant to buy in.  Case in point: I was traveling to Kentucky yesterday and pulled in for gas.  I went into the Speedway to get a drink and saw about a dozen people in line, close together, no masks.  I of course quickly backed out.

This is a public health crisis.  It demands that level of response.  If you have people willfully putting others at harm then there needs to be consequences.

There is not enough room to socially distance everyone who is detained. This is a societal problem and needs a societal remedy.

29 minutes ago, shoshin said:

No one has tried an education and community building campaign from the top. No one. 

This should have been done day 1, but because of the gaslighting from the current administration and it's surrogates I'm not sure it's possible to do so anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Thursday, we saw only four states with death counts in excess of 50. Once again no states were in triple digits and 30 states were either in single digits or had zero Covid 19 deaths. The death toll has definitely leveled off nationwide with essentially no midweek rise to speak of. 

Wat happened to the Deek updates?

On 7/9/2020 at 7:44 PM, Magox said:

I don’t believe we will see as many COVID infections in November or December as people fear.   Most of the major cities under this theory that I believe is increasingly likely would have already burnt out by then.

And what happened to this dude?

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Wat happened to the Deek updates?

And what happened to this dude?

He predicted we would set new record lows in Sept/Oct and no place would see second rises. He was, umm, strident, in his predictions.  

I thought the same. 

i was wrong. Fauci was right. Magox is MIA. 

• Like (+1) 1

This probably makes Trump happy watching this country's Covid cases sky rocket.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:34 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Yesterday, Thursday, we saw only four states with death counts in excess of 50. Once again no states were in triple digits and 30 states were either in single digits or had zero Covid 19 deaths. The death toll has definitely leveled off nationwide with essentially no midweek rise to speak of. 

WHat happened?

2 hours ago, shoshin said:

He predicted we would set new record lows in Sept/Oct and no place would see second rises. He was, umm, strident, in his predictions.  

I thought the same. 

i was wrong. Fauci was right. Magox is MIA. 

I stopped posting here when it became clear you couldn't debate with the cult-like beliefs.  One of these days I'll have to catch up on some of the threads to see what happened....

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, shoshin said:

Jesus wept no.

The way to proceed is through education about the pandemic, discussion of how to best protect people, and getting actual buy in. 

We should not be frigging jailing non-mask wearers FFS. 

especially since it is a physical impossibility for masks to stop airborne miocroscopic virus particles

it's more like imposing a draconian school uniform rule

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Most airborne virus is attached to liquid droplets much greater in size than the virus particles themselves. 

if airborn particles were attached to droplets, they wouldn/t be airborne

the virus is so contagious because it travels freely airborne

4 minutes ago, spartacus said:

Do you have a source on this? Dr. Javaid below, and every other physician I've read/spoken with who has commented on this, say virus particles travel in respiratory droplets. How does virus detach from the droplets in our mouths/nose to travel freely?

https://health.mountsinai.org/blog/can-covid-19-spread-faster-in-an-air-conditioned-house/#:~:text=Waleed Javaid%2C MD%2C,to Dr. Javaid.

Waleed Javaid, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, says it is possible, but not likely.

If someone in the house who is infected with the virus is coughing and sneezing and not being careful, then tiny virus particles in respiratory droplets could be circulated in the air. Anything that moves air currents around the room can spread these droplets, whether it is an air conditioning system, a window-mounted AC unit, a forced heating system, or even a fan, according to Dr. Javaid.

Edited by wAcKy ZeBrA
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, spartacus said:

especially since it is a physical impossibility for masks to stop airborne miocroscopic virus particles

it's more like imposing a draconian school uniform rule

Keep trolling. 

3 hours ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Do you have a source on this? Dr. Javaid below, and every other physician I've read/spoken with who has commented on this, say virus particles travel in respiratory droplets. How does virus detach from the droplets in our mouths/nose to travel freely?

https://health.mountsinai.org/blog/can-covid-19-spread-faster-in-an-air-conditioned-house/#:~:text=Waleed Javaid%2C MD%2C,to Dr. Javaid.

Waleed Javaid, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine (Infectious Diseases) at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, says it is possible, but not likely.

If someone in the house who is infected with the virus is coughing and sneezing and not being careful, then tiny virus particles in respiratory droplets could be circulated in the air. Anything that moves air currents around the room can spread these droplets, whether it is an air conditioning system, a window-mounted AC unit, a forced heating system, or even a fan, according to Dr. Javaid.

He's just a troll. Stop letting him catch you. 

• Like (+1) 1

That herd immunity and “no place will see a second rise” thing that I and others discussed in the late summer: It’d be nice if we were right about it. 

Say it with me:

Fauci was right. The echo chamber seekers  who left and I were wrong. We were hoping to fit data to a preferred narrative. Too bad the snowflakes aren’t here to melt along with me and admit how wrong we were and why. 

I definitely thought I was right. Turns out I’m just a numbers guy. Not an epidemiologist. 

I wonder what all the Twitter guys who Magox loved are saying now. Alex something was his hero, even though I showed that “Alex” was wrong a bunch of times. 

Edited by shoshin
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, shoshin said:

That herd immunity and “no place will see a second rise” thing that I and others discussed in the late summer: It’d be nice if we were right about it. 

Say it with me:

Fauci was right. The echo chamber seekers  who left and I were wrong. We were hoping to fit data to a preferred narrative. Too bad the snowflakes aren’t here to melt along with me and admit how wrong we were and why. 

I definitely thought I was right. Turns out I’m just a numbers guy. Not an epidemiologist. 

I wonder what all the Twitter guys who Magox loved are saying now. Alex something was his hero, even though I showed that Alex dummy was wrong a bunch of times. 

You see how they tried dominating a sub forum for the last 4 years and one election night made them all run away. 

They ran away b.c they were slowly realizing that they were wrong and couldn't handle it. Now they are infecting another Bills site and feeding into each other's conspiracies.

On 11/13/2020 at 8:24 AM, spartacus said:

:lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     Slept through science class starting in fourth grade, huh?    Rain

On 11/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

And the CDC echoes the same sentiment 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/scientific-brief-sars-cov-2.html

Thanks for the updated sources.  I hadn't looked at the CDC in a bit and realized they feel it's the larger droplets.

The thing about anti-maskers that cracks me up is I could teach a 6 year old the usefulness of masks but you can't teach them:

1.  Put your hand 12 to 16 inches in front of your mouth and blow hard into it.  

2.  Put your mask on and repeat step 1.

And that's air you're affecting, let alone a thousands of times larger viral particle.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Thanks for the updated sources.  I hadn't looked at the CDC in a bit and realized they feel it's the larger droplets.

The thing about anti-maskers that cracks me up is I could teach a 6 year old the usefulness of masks but you can't teach them:

1.  Put your hand 12 to 16 inches in front of your mouth and blow hard into it.  

2.  Put your mask on and repeat step 1.

And that's air you're affecting, let alone a thousands of times larger viral particle.

The anti maskers make a pseudoscience against masks because they don’t think the government should be allowed to mandate them. It is just more narrative back fitting. 

You can be against government mandates and support mask wearing. 

On the flip side are many who see rising hospitalizations and deaths and blame anti maskers. 

You can believe in the effectiveness of masks but admit they only play a part in controlling things, ie, they are far from panacea. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Say it with me:

I wonder what all the Twitter guys who Magox loved are saying now. Alex something was his hero, even though I showed that “Alex” was wrong a bunch of times. 

Science is a lot of gray.  It takes time, sometimes a very long time, before the numbers can reasonably capture the reality of the science.  

This is a very unique virus.  Now from March we've learned a hell of a lot, but there's a lot to still be learned before we can say we've got control of it.

Kudos to you for stepping up and admitting you were wrong.  Not a big deal, but in these polarized times much needed.👍

People like Magox operate best in a numbers only bubble, failing to analyze or weigh how much the numbers fail to capture.  In fact, in trying to explain that to him, he chooses to ignore it.  Always hate willfully closed minds but he feels it works well for him.

(Credit to the people who made the breakthrough, speaks of "us," thankful for the hard work and sacrifice of others) 

vs.

(Attacks vague people out to get him, credit to me me me me me)

Edited by shoshin

1 hour ago, shoshin said:

(Credit to the people who made the breakthrough, speaks of "us," thankful for the hard work and sacrifice of others) 

vs.

Funny he doesn't mention 250,000 dead from the virus so far under his watch...

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

vs.

Trump shouldn't worry he's going to get a lot of "credit" for what happened with this virus historically.

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Sweden was always in some stage of lockdown, with a society that believed more in social responsibility. But their cases are rising quickly. 

Another way many of us were wrong looking at their numbers. 

current 2nd wave is complete fabrication

lots of positive tests, but no overwhelming actually sick peopel

if sick, treat them early

hiding in the closet with a mask on does not seem to be working

Why COVID-19 Testing Is A Tragic Waste

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/why-covid-19-testing-tragic-waste

Dr. Mike Yeadon, former vice president and scientific director of Pfizer, has even gone on record stating that false positive results from unreliable PCR tests are being used to “manufacture a ‘second wave’ based on ‘new cases,'” when in fact a second wave is highly unlikely.

Amplification over 35 cycles is considered unreliable and scientifically unjustified, yet Drosten tests and tests recommended by the World Health Organization are set to 45 cycles.

PCR Tests Cannot Detect Infection

Perhaps most importantly of all, the PCR tests cannot distinguish between inactive viruses and “live” or reproductive ones.

What that means is that PCR tests cannot detect infection. Period. It cannot tell you whether you’re currently ill, whether you’ll develop symptoms in the near future, or whether you’re contagious.

The tests may pick up dead debris or inactive viral particles that pose no risk whatsoever to the patient and others. What’s more, the test can pick up the presence of other coronaviruses, so a positive result may simply indicate that you’ve recuperated from a common cold in the past.

An “infection” is when a virus penetrates into a cell and replicates. As the virus multiplies, symptoms set in. A person is only infectious if the virus is actually replicating. As long as the virus is inactive and not replicating, it’s completely harmless both to the host and others.

Chances are, if you have no symptoms, a positive test simply means it has detected inactive viral DNA in your body. This would also mean that you are not contagious and pose no risk to anyone.

For all of these reasons, a number of highly respected scientists around the world are now saying that what we have is not a COVID-19 pandemic but a PCR test pandemic

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

I would think the most important indicator is the number of people in the ICU of hospitals not false positives. 

Agree Alf...and the number of people who’ve died. It’s pretty hard to have a false death (although the reporting there seems to be a bit suspect as to the CAUSE of death). With all of that considered, I still find it hard to believe that this is considered the crisis so many want to make it out to be. Consider this: after EIGHT months of this California is still less than one third of the total death rate as New York. Those early numbers from the NY Metro area slanted everything about how this ‘crisis’ has been covered and we haven’t been able to get off of that narrative. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

You mean like they did in Europe Dr. Fascist where they did a "better" job then us?  I support a uniform strategy to.  Full open. Shelter in place if you want.  See you when the fake vaccine is out.  Unless you live in NY in which you have to wait for Biden to administer it.  

He can you know what himself. 

Fyi this is also in contrast to the Constitution.  But low info news doesn't understand what that means.  

Screenshot_20201117-132011_One UI Home.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

You mean like they did in Europe Dr. Fascist where they did a "better" job then us?  I support a uniform strategy to.  Full open. Shelter in place if you want.

I support this to a point as well, but not at the expense of tanking hospital systems. 

Why do you "think" the vaccine is fake?

Just now, shoshin said:

I support this to a point as well, but not at the expense of tanking hospital systems. 

Why do you "think" the vaccine is fake?

Let the region decide everything based totally and solely on hospitalizations.  Period.  That's how it always should have been.  

The vaccine is fake the left told me so because Trump made it.  Or he had nothing to do with it.  I can't keep up.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Let the region decide everything based totally and solely on hospitalizations.  Period.  That's how it always should have been.  

The vaccine is fake the left told me so because Trump made it.  Or he had nothing to do with it.  I can't keep up.  

Trump didn't make anything...

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Pretty much what is happening now. 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

OK so your statement had no factual basis. Cool.