The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

10 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

New York City has 2.5% of the United States population yet has over one third of all Covid 19 cases in the country.

One if the easiest things to do to stop the numbers would be to quarantine NYC. It is an issue and will become MUCH bigger of an issue for those outside of NYC as people are allowed to travel in and out of the Petri dish.

But Cuomo is doing awesome!

Lock that mother down.  Call in the military like Deblasio is demanding.  Setup a perimeter, only way out is in a bag.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, CoudyBills said:

Lock that mother down.  Call in the military like Deblasio is demanding.  Setup a perimeter, only way out is in a bag.  

Every day this isn’t done will extend this Pandemic weeks to months.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Every day this isn’t done will extend this Pandemic weeks to months.

I live in the middle of nowhere in north central PA.  There are less than 500 cases in PA, only 1 where I live.  That one was from international travel and she quarantined immediately upon returning.  The part about that which I find maddening is that people where I live are taking this seriously, but people in NYC won't stay home.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

New York City has 2.5% of the United States population yet has over one third of all Covid 19 cases in the country.

One if the easiest things to do to stop the numbers would be to quarantine NYC. It is an issue and will become MUCH bigger of an issue for those outside of NYC as people are allowed to travel in and out of the Petri dish.

But Cuomo is doing awesome!

get Snake Plisskin on it right away!

6 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

61EHzIwVvAL._SX342_.jpg

damn, beat me to it!

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I live in the middle of nowhere in north central PA.  There are less than 500 cases in PA, only 1 where I live.  That one was from international travel and she quarantined immediately upon returning.  The part about that which I find maddening is that people where I live are taking this seriously, but people in NYC won't stay home.  

Do you know John Rigas?

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

I've heard promising things about (hyroxy)cholorquine and azithromycin.

chloroquine can cause blindness and birth defects. this is documented. duration and strength of dosage plays a major part in the blindness aspect. it is not well known exactly what the determinate factors are in relation to birth defects.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

chloroquine can cause blindness and birth defects. this is documented. duration and strength of dosage plays a major part in the blindness aspect. it is not well known exactly what the determinate factors are in relation to birth defects.

There is no 100% safe cure.  And you need to ask yourself if you'd rather die or risk being blind or having a baby with birth defects.

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Hmmmm ..... so let me guess....I am guessing you did not review that 2015 budget in detail....but if you did....tell us.....You would have said “No....we need these ventilators kept in the budget for insurance”

I’m not opposed to such things from a political standpoint, but its not my call to make. However, those whose call it is cannot say no to it, then whine and blame others when the day they hoped would never come arrives. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

There is no 100% safe cure.  And you need to ask yourself if you'd rather die or risk being blind or having a baby with birth defects.

umm... i'll take none of the above for $2000, Alex.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

additionally, i didn't say that you couldn't take chloroquine. i have no idea what the safe dosage is or would be. i only know that prolonged exposeure can lead to blindness and that in the Amazonian Basin, they have doctors there that advise child bearing age women not to take it regardless of the malarial risk.

Edited by Foxx