The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

15 hours ago, dpberr said:

My theory without belaboring the point:  The UK's longtime problems with Vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency, and it's similarly long time lack of fortified food products.  Everywhere in the world there is a covid spike - the same deficiency is there.  The most vulnerable populations to COVID are the obese and elderly, again guaranteed to be insufficient without supplementation, very likely to be deficient.

If you did a Vitamin D blood test of 100 randomly picked COVID positive patients, (vaccine status, age, race irrelevant), I'd bet 90% of them will be insufficient or deficient in Vitamin D.  Those people who have worked around COVID or been around others who haven't gotten it aren't lucky - they likely have above average levels because they supplement and/or regularly eat a lot of fortified products (millk, cereals, cheese, eggs).

That’s the theory Rogan pushes but it’s not got much science backing. I also take D and am outside a fair amount so I’m not against it. 

(If you do happen to get your data from that woman Rogan has on, she has some stuff way wrong. Topic for some other thread. I like that lady but she advocates way pst the science and overlooks some serious issues in some conclusions she draws. )

Meanwhile:

“Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, gave similar numbers during a White House briefing last week. In fact, more than 99% of US Covid-19 deaths in June were among unvaccinated people. In addition, early data suggests that over the last six months, nearly all Covid-19 deaths in a number of states have been in unvaccinated people, Walensky said last week during a White House briefing.”

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Every business and government entity in America is doing something that is their equivalent of this that impacts you the citizen/customer/shopper/consumer.  

That's how they used to do it in the 30s and 40s. Ronald Reagan started out doing recreations of Cubs games for WHO in Des Moines, Iowa.

Senile Joe fails again.  Missed July 4th goal to get 70% of citizens vaccinated by many millions.  What's more pathetic is that he can't get Black and Hispanic people, a large base of his, to get the shots despite an ample supply and specific efforts to get them vaccinated.  Another incredible failure on the ever-growing list.  I'm still amazed how he and his Squad buddies have screwed the country up so badly, so quickly.  His performance in the first 6 months is hands down, the worst in history.    What a mess. 

Edited by Irv

Covid destroyed 22 million jobs in rich countries

London (CNN Business)The coronavirus pandemic has destroyed 22 million jobs in wealthy countries, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.

In a report Wednesday warning of the risk of a rapid rise in long-term joblessness, the Paris-based organization said that employment across OECD countries is not expected to recover to its pre-pandemic level before 2023.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/business/oecd-employment-outlook/index.html

Pathetic:

Olympics bans spectators after Tokyo declares COVID-19 emergency

TOKYO, July 8 (Reuters) - The Tokyo Olympics will take place without spectators, organisers said on Thursday, as a resurgent pandemic forced Japan to declare a coronavirus state of emergency for the capital that will run throughout the event.

"It is regrettable that we are delivering the Games in a very limited format, facing the spread of coronavirus infections," Tokyo 2020 President Seiko Hashimoto said following talks between government officials, Tokyo organisers and Olympic and paralympic representatives.

"I am sorry to those who purchased tickets and everyone in local areas." 

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/japan-set-declare-state-emergency-tokyo-area-through-aug-22-minister-2021-07-08/

What a disaster- Japan 15th in total cases yesterday in Asia.  Less cases per day then Texas.  126 million people in Japan.  

Screenshot_20210708-105824_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Angry 1

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

That’s the theory Rogan pushes but it’s not got much science backing. I also take D and am outside a fair amount so I’m not against it. 

(If you do happen to get your data from that woman Rogan has on, she has some stuff way wrong. Topic for some other thread. I like that lady but she advocates way pst the science and overlooks some serious issues in some conclusions she draws. )

Meanwhile:

“Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, gave similar numbers during a White House briefing last week. In fact, more than 99% of US Covid-19 deaths in June were among unvaccinated people. In addition, early data suggests that over the last six months, nearly all Covid-19 deaths in a number of states have been in unvaccinated people, Walensky said last week during a White House briefing.”

I don't listen to podcasts so I don't know what Joe Rogan said about Vitamin D (good or bad).  My info is sourced from what those European countries have tried to do to tamp down their wildfire flu seasons in the past and first-hand knowledge from working in healthcare that if you're a bariatric, geriatric or oncology patient, the Vitamin D levels are part of the routine workup, and those doctors want their patients to take it.    In 2009, the Obama administration was considering a Vitamin D campaign of sorts if the H1 virus jumped to a pandemic level. 

I don't disagree with Dr. Walensky, I just don't think it's the entire profile of the deceased patients.  I'd opine that those who died from coronoavirus infection were likely very unhealthy and likely Vitamin D deficient which made them optimal hosts for opportunistic bugs.  

Interesting thing about Haiti in this conversation since it's in the news - it has one of the lowest COVID rates in the world.  Could be because of the massive import of fortified food to the country to battle the hunger issue.  The US has been pumping millions of tons of fortified flour and food products into that country dating back to 2014 that by 2020, nearly 80% of the flour being traded in Haiti was fortified with Vitamin D.  

On 7/6/2021 at 12:51 PM, oldmanfan said:

Darwinism is now going to come to the forefront.  The data is clear now:  those that are unvaccinated are the ones that get infected at this point.  So just open everything back up.  Of course that means that some ignorant people that refuse to accept things like data and fact are going to either die or have long lasting illness.  And it also means some little kids will likely die because of the stupidity of their loved ones.  Bur Ron White is correct:  you can't fix stupid.

All because a national health crisis got turned into a political football.  Hope those that supported such nonsense are happy.

That's pretty much everybody who's anybody, no?  

Fauci attends a baseball game, ignores his own advice and CDC guidance on masks and social distancing, makes excuses about being a target of mischief makers.  He also waffles on masks, is less than transparent on US involvement in Wuhan, and is tepid on virus spreading during times of protest. 

Newsom locks down Cali, ignores Fauci and CDC guidance on mask/SD, multiple households interacting, and restaurant service indoors. 

Harris suggests a vaccine created under the Trump admin is perhaps less trustworthy than a vaccine created under the Trump admin but rolled out under Biden.  As the first female person of color to hold VP spot, one can only imagine the impact her words had on those folks traditionally identified as vaccine hesitant. 

Biden admin figures it's worth the risk to throw a sick inaug rager at the height of the pandemic, and some of the most vocal proponents of lockdowns and strict measures obviously must travel to DC for the party.  

Cuomo softens COVID travel/quarantine rules, but implements substantial travel/quarantine hardship upon some NYers while exposing all of us to threat of spread by eliminating any requirements whatsoever for folks traveling into NY for work/pleasure from the tri-state area.  In summary, I could be sitting on a plane next to a resident of Hartford, Ct, traveling back from Florida.  My obligation according to the gov was test/quarantine/test/wait.  My seat mate's obligation was "Hey, whatever, see you in White Plains tomorrow.". 

Shoot--here's a website that lays it out:

https://datavisualizations.heritage.org/public-health/covid-hypocrisy-policymakers-breaking-their-own-rules/

Of course, the biggest issue has long been the mysterious case of 'virus hover' over social justice demonstrations.  

People have an innate ability to recognize and reject bullshyt at the political level, especially when someone in authority is trying to convince you that standing in long-assed line at the Home Depot is juxtaposed with watching 10,000 people marching and huddling closely together in a public park with nary a word about the dangers posed therein. 

People don't trust government, generally, because the reality is that times government has proven to be untrustworthy are not few and far between.  

Such is life. 

TRIPLE MUTANT !!

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/california-researchers-discover-americas-first-triple-mutant-covid-strain

And now, American authorities have yet another variant to pound the alarm about: researchers in California have discovered the epsilon variant, which features a "triple mutation" on the spike protein that the virus uses to infect humans, making it (in theory) more infectious, according to the Daily Mail.

The only question now is how much longer until scientists are using epsilon to justify making masks mandatory indoors again, or perhaps another lockdown?

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It their business to know HOW MANY Americans have been vaccinated and what percentage that is, sure ,

but it’s NOT their business to know who has and hasn’t

They already know and have already made it their bidness.

When you got the shot, you show Id (danged ole Id again) and they recorded it.  In states like mine that have a COVID lottery, you don't have to register cuz they already know who got it.  Of course the feds have the same information.  Its already been added to your permanent record.

I suspect that when President Biden sends people door to door they will only knock on the doors of the un vaccinated.

WHEN PEOPLE ON CRACK HAVE SMOKED THEIR LAST ROCK, THEY START LOOKING FOR IMAGINARY BITS THEY MAY HAVE DROPPED.

In the old days they called that “ghostbusting.” That’s what pandemic-addicts are doing with the variants now. 

Don’t buy the hysteria: The Delta variant is actually less dangerous.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/dont-buy-the-hysteria-the-delta-variant-is-actually-less-dangerous/

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

WHEN PEOPLE ON CRACK HAVE SMOKED THEIR LAST ROCK, THEY START LOOKING FOR IMAGINARY BITS THEY MAY HAVE DROPPED.

In the old days they called that “ghostbusting.” That’s what pandemic-addicts are doing with the variants now. 

Don’t buy the hysteria: The Delta variant is actually less dangerous.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/08/dont-buy-the-hysteria-the-delta-variant-is-actually-less-dangerous/

After a year of just plain OG Covid, it is odd that it's now suddenly pumping out all these new variants by the hour, and each new one is more evasive and evil than the previous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, dpberr said:

After a year of just plain OG Covid, it is odd that it's now suddenly pumping out all these new variants by the hour, and each new one is more evasive and evil than the previous.

Many scientists have been tracking variants since the beginning. It’s an active field. Only a few have become prevalent enough to become dominant, and these have been getting the Greek letter designations. But their more technical variant identifiers are things like B.617 etc. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1