Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MAJBobby

For those that question what Andre Roberts has brought to the Bills.

Recommended Posts

Waiting on the Punt Return Chart  I expect to to be even better  

 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

So... good things?  He's brought good things.

 

I think so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jobot said:

 

I think so?

 

I think it means that we had a very high average return yardage number, and that number looks even better when you look at the first diagram.  That diagram says that Roberts was really smart about identifying returnable kicks, and maximizing them when he decided to return them.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are we using data when the eyeball test clearly show the Bills are terrible?

 

Good find, thanks.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

His return does not equal the investment...


yeah that Huge 1.5M investment. That is cap dust. 

  • Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 3 phases need to perform at a high level.  He does his part on Special Teams.  

 

It would be nice if he could be a part of the passing game but that's not necessary to be a contributor to W's.

 

I mean how many balls has Matthew Slater caught from Tom Brady in his career?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Capco said:

All 3 phases need to perform at a high level.  He does his part on Special Teams.  

 

It would be nice if he could be a part of the passing game but that's not necessary to be a contributor to W's.

 

I mean how many balls has Matthew Slater caught from Tom Brady in his career?

 

Or Steve Tasker from Jim Kelly, for that matter.

Edited by chongli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who were wondering, the Bills had the 9th best average offensive starting position in the league.

Here is the data in case you're curious. 

image.thumb.png.5f4f2f402714537300b261b9c8e7a11c.png

Whether that warrants holding a roster spot for someone like Roberts, that'll be up for debate. But i do appreciate how he was dependable not to turn the ball over.

Edited by brianthomas
  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

soooo the Bills averaged about 3 yards more than the 25 yard line (what a touchback gives you) on kickoff returns (so the 28 yard line)

With 1 return all year going into the opponent's territory
 

 

so I don’t really think Roberts is someone this team  really needs and we can fill the roster else where with someone else 

 

  • Skeptical 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BillsMafi$ said:

soooo the Bills averaged about 3 yards more than the 25 yard line (what a touchback gives you) on kickoff returns (so the 28 yard line)

With 1 return all year going into the opponent's territory
 

 

so I don’t really think Roberts is someone this team  really needs and we can fill the roster else where with someone else 

 

I feel like people like you are missing out on the most important thing he does. He always catches the damn ball. How many times in the past have we had people drop the ball on returns, especially Punts? Yet with Roberts I'm always calm cause I have zero doubt he will catch it. To top it off he has a solid avg. Why make a hole we do not need?

  • Like (+1) 23
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

soooo the Bills averaged about 3 yards more than the 25 yard line (what a touchback gives you) on kickoff returns (so the 28 yard line)

With 1 return all year going into the opponent's territory
 

 

so I don’t really think Roberts is someone this team  really needs and we can fill the roster else where with someone else 

 

It's not just about yards though.  Kickoffs can help shift momentum, even if it's just a return from the end zone to the 28 yard line.  Never underestimate what a little juice can do for athletes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:


yeah that Huge 1.5M investment. That is cap dust. 

They may need to take out a loan from such a huge investment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The great thing about this is it proves everybody right. The people arguing Roberts is good and the people arguing that using a roster spot on a pure kick/punt returner is a waste can both use this as justification.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

soooo the Bills averaged about 3 yards more than the 25 yard line (what a touchback gives you) on kickoff returns (so the 28 yard line)

With 1 return all year going into the opponent's territory
 

 

so I don’t really think Roberts is someone this team  really needs and we can fill the roster else where with someone else 

 

It looks like Denver's KO return man was the top returner.  He was very discerning about when to return (about 27% of returnable kicks), and when he did, he average almost 5 yards past the 25.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

 

I think it means that we had a very high average return yardage number, and that number looks even better when you look at the first diagram.  That diagram says that Roberts was really smart about identifying returnable kicks, and maximizing them when he decided to return them.

Let’s not forget the importance of the sure hands , KC vs Texans is a good example what can happen 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Putin said:

Let’s not forget the importance of the sure hands , KC vs Texans is a good example what can happen 

Didn't we lose a few games in 2018, based on ST ball security, alone?

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BringBackFlutie said:

Didn't we lose a few games in 2018, based on ST ball security, alone?

I can’t remember right now if it cost us a game , but thank God when he’s back there we basically don’t have to hold our breath 

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

They may need to take out a loan from such a huge investment. 

I mean, I definitely would if I was on the hook for paying Roberts’ salary!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the Chiefs - Texans game we should never again debate the value of Andre Roberts.  Andre is extremely reliable and those stats just add cream to the top.  

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...