Offense Starters for 2020

KingBoots8

2 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

no paying all the young kids

Dawkins is one of them and his contract will coexist when the next group needs to be signed after another season

By the end of 2021 we’ll have to pay Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Milano, Wallace, T johnson, every OL except Morse and Ford.  Every DL except Oliver.  It’s 2 years down the road but paying the right guys is important to keeping this rolling.  

Edited by NewEra

40 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Why do people keeps saying this didn't Spain not give up a sack all year?

Not entirely true, he gave up a game breaking sack in the playoff game.   Additionally his run blocking is inconsistent to say the least.

I just dont see them giving a 29 year old guy who is an inconsistent blocker a contract extension.   The O-Line was better this year, but they still weren't good enough.   I see not signing him as a chance to upgrade the line, and it does need upgrading.   I very well could be wrong.  

Remember this, if they resign him, Cody Ford is your Right Tackle next year.  

24 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I keep hearing Spain has given up zero sacks this year. Where is this info from? Is there a free source for these kinds of stats?

I'd like to obtain some context here. How many sacks our other olinemen gave up? What is league average for all OL positions?

Its a PFF stat.

Edited by thenorthremembers

56 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Upgrade at least 1 OL spot

Not sure I call Knox a lock yet. If we can get Hooper it is a big upgrade.

Need a #1 WR

Hooper (or Hunter) and Knox combo would be great.  Having 2 good TE's is very beneficial for a young QB.  (see Balt and Philly).  

Edited by RyanC883

1 hour ago, KingBoots8 said:

With the season at an end, now we need to look towards next season and upgrading certain positions. Of our starters, who are the most secure with their positions on offense? Here are my “safe bets” :

QB Josh Allen
RB Devin Singletary

TE Knox

LT Dawkins

C Morse

G Feliciano

WR Brown

WR Beasley

I think anyone else could be shifted around (ex. RT Ford moving to Guard) or lose their spot altogether. Any others you think should be 100% “the guy” next year?

*Edited to add Brown and Beasley

My add is Spain,and very likely Sweeney is brought back, but will grab another pass catching one this Spring.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Why do people keeps saying this didn't Spain not give up a sack all year?

Never attempt to use facts to sway a firmly held opinion.

Edited by Spiderweb

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Hooper (or Hunter) and Knox combo would be great.  Having 2 good TE's is very beneficial for a young QB.  (see Balt and Philly).  

Exactly. Allen needs to use his TE as a safety outlet more and also hit him over the middle when the safety help is covering Amari Cooper next year...

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Spiderweb said:

I think the Bill will work to resign Spain. I do believe John Brown is a safe bet for sure.

Supposedly Spain signed a 1 year prove it deal which he did.  Unless the Bill's feel they want to keep Ford at tackle, why sign Spain?  The most cost effective move and not losing anything on the field is to move Ford to guard, start Nsekhe at RT, but also draft in about the 3rd round a RT.  Let him sit in 2020, but then start him in 2021 once Nsekhe's deal expires.

That leaves you set at 10 of the 11 positions.  Only one left is  another WR or if they go big, they already have enough TE's on the roster to choose from.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Supposedly Spain signed a 1 year prove it deal which he did.  Unless the Bill's feel they want to keep Ford at tackle, why sign Spain?  The most cost effective move and not losing anything on the field is to move Ford to guard, start Nsekhe at RT, but also draft in about the 3rd round a RT.  Let him sit in 2020, but then start him in 2021 once Nsekhe's deal expires.

That leaves you set at 10 of the 11 positions.  Only one left is  another WR or if they go big, they already have enough TE's on the roster to choose from.

Better have a solid back up as Nsekhe looks injury prone.

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Tre and Hyde are really the only guys they definitely should pay. Maybe Dawkins and Milano are on that list, but both are too inconsistent for me to shell out big bucks for at this point..... the hope is Allen continues to grow and become a top 10 guy so they don’t need to pay these players to succeed.

We’ll need allen AND the players we pay to succeed in order to win A SB.  Succeeding isn’t just going to playoffs year in year out.  No Lombardi trophy = a failure for this franchise imo.  Need one. At least to this Bills fan.  One in my lifetime.  That won’t change til we get one

Need a FA WR and TE. Knox needs more development and his hands have been unreliable. It will be year 3 for Josh. Can’t be wondering if he’s good enough and just did t have the weapons around hm. Beane needs to deliver this offseason. 

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I am of the mind they let Spain walk.   He and Ford were the worst players on the line this year, and Ford was a 2nd round pick so he gets time.

I imagine they move Ford to one of the guard spots and let Spain walk.  

I disagree with your Spain assessment.  Spain was one of the best pass blocking guards in the NFL!

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Upgrade at least 1 OL spot

Not sure I call Knox a lock yet. If we can get Hooper it is a big upgrade.

Need a #1 WR

1. OL. Even with the improvements on the OL this past off season they still came up lame when it mattered. Ford is a Guard in the NFL and we to accept and embrace it. Dawkins is an adequate Tackle but nowhere near Pro Bowl caliber. RT is in his future as we need to acquire a true LT.

2. Knox is a lock. Rookie contract with potential upside and can also block well.

3. Cant argue this point. Trade for Green or sign Cooper and draft a stud.

4. Also, Gore has to go. I appreciate his mentoring Motor and his vet leadership but he's done. 

3 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

With the season at an end, now we need to look towards next season and upgrading certain positions. Of our starters, who are the most secure with their positions on offense? Here are my “safe bets” :

QB Josh Allen
RB Devin Singletary

TE Knox

LT Dawkins

C Morse

G Feliciano

WR Brown

WR Beasley

I think anyone else could be shifted around (ex. RT Ford moving to Guard) or lose their spot altogether. Any others you think should be 100% “the guy” next year?

*Edited to add Brown and Beasley

Locks:  Allen, Morse, Dawkins, Brown, Beasley

Probable:  Feliciano, Singletary.

Possibly:  Knox

Knox had some issues with drops and mental errors at times, while also making insane plays other times.  His whiffed block in OT on the Allen run may have even lost us the game as Allen likely gets us into FG range had Knox not blew that block.  We still have Kroft too signed for next year, and I doubt they give up on him after he missed a lot of the season and never got a chance to gel within the offense.  Knox will enter the offseason as a TE2 behind Kroft, it will be up to him to win that job outright, it wont be handed to him and he didn't do enough to deserve it to be handed to him either.  

Singletary I love, and I think he should be and likely will be the starter next year.  But with his size, wouldn't surprise me to see them sign or draft a guy to split time with also.  I think he is most likely a featured starter next year though with whoever else we bring in behind him on the depth chart.  

Feliciano is probably close to a lock too, but the OL I think will get shuffled a little bit, and the only 2 people I think are safe from that 100% are Morse and Dawkins.