2019 Re-Draft: Cody Ford vs DK Metcalf

StHustle

In a redraft, would you still choose Cody Ford over DK Metcalf?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

We gave up a 5th rounder to move up 2 spots and take Cody Ford in the 2nd round (#38) overall. DK was taken 26 picks later. Tall receiver with 4.3 speed. In his rookie campaign became clear #2 WR for the Seahawks behind Tyler Lockett with 900 yards receiving in a passing attack with middle of the pack production. 

If you are Beane and could do it all over again, BUT your only other consideration was DK, who do you pick?

I ask this cause so many people were down on Metcalf before the draft who now cry about our lack of a big receiving threat (although I believe Duke could have easily played that role but lets not get into that) combined with Cody Ford being a huge question mark moving forward. Interested to see who still has faith in Ford/lack of faith in DK "Tight Hips" Metcalf.

I’d still take Ford. I think he has played really well at RT, and if they decide move him to RG, I’m fine with that too. He’s a tough, powerful grinder. 

I like Metcalf, I didn’t think he was going to be as good as he has been this year. Honestly, Seattle was probably the best place for him. They have a tremendous S&C department there, and his biggest issue was agility. Having an MVP caliber QB has also been a huge part of his development. 

I have no issue with these picks. Either would have been a big piece for the future of the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I was watching this thinking the same thing. Are we watching Gronk vs Troup V2 here.  Of all the WR's to come out last year, I wanted Metcalf, but I didn't think he'd last until our pick in Rd2.  Well he did and we went with Ford. Time will tell, but so far Metcalf is 10x better.

Given that Ford was a projected 1st rounder and I always like bringing in quality linemen, I felt better that if we passed on DJ, it was Ford at least, but I would have preferred DJ even back then.

Could have been the thinking was Metcalf was going to last one more round.  26 picks later almost made it.   Not sure how effective Metcalf would have been with an inexperienced QB.  Easy for him to look good catching passes from Russell Wilson.  And who would have been your RT once Ty got hurt?

Just now, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’d still take Ford. I think he has played really well at RT, and if they decide move him to RG, I’m fine with that too. He’s a tough, powerful grinder. 

I like Metcalf, I didn’t think he was going to be as good as he has been this year. Honestly, Seattle was probably the best place for him. They have a tremendous S&C department there, and his biggest issue was agility. Having an MVP caliber QB has also been a huge part of his development. 

I have no issue with these picks. Either would have been a big piece for the future of the Bills. 

Sorry but Metcalf should have been the pick and it is not even close.   He was the big WR with speed that this team needed,  Ford looks lost out there at times

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Sorry but Metcalf should have been the pick and it is not even close.   He was the big WR with speed that this team needed,  Ford looks lost out there at times

And so has Metcalf. He’s disappeared for huge chunks of games, and at times has looked lost in run blocking. 

He’s a good player, and no doubt will get better. But so will Ford. You may not want to believe that, but it’s true. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I was watching this thinking the same thing. Are we watching Gronk vs Troup V2 here.  Of all the WR's to come out last year, I wanted Metcalf, but I didn't think he'd last until our pick in Rd2.  Well he did and we went with Ford. Time will tell, but so far Metcalf is 10x better.

Yes and i knew on draft night reading various reports on Ford that the Bills reached on him, 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m still not sold on him. However Seattle was the perfect landing spot and a big reason for his early success. Russel Wilson creates some amazing chances for his guys. What that said metcalf is better than what many claimed. He’s not our missing piece though. Just my opinion on it 

Just now, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

And so has Metcalf. He’s disappeared for huge chunks of games, and at times has looked lost in run blocking. 

He’s a good player, and no doubt will get better. But so will Ford. You may not want to believe that, but it’s true. 

Ford was getting killed on plays yesterday while Metcalf is a stud and making plays in playoff game.

• Like (+1) 1