2019 Re-Draft: Cody Ford vs DK Metcalf

StHustle

In a redraft, would you still choose Cody Ford over DK Metcalf?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I would have been fine with Metcalf in the 2nd but I wanted Oliver in the 1st.

I don’t fault BB for taking Ford. I will fault them for trying to keep him at RT.

If a GM never selects an offensive guard in round 2...........well at least he never did THAT wrong.

QB/PassRush/LT/WR1/CB1...........or trade out.

Usually guards aplenty in FA.....sometimes healthy, prime age All Pros......let someone else develop your guards if you can't mine your own later in drafts.

Those other positions?   If they hit the market there is something wrong with them and even then they cost a fortune.

I voted Ford.....just because I’m tired of the Metcalf love and endless hindsight questioning. It’s over. I like our team. Zero question I take Oliver over over a WR of that caliber. Win on the LOS. Then build out. 

I’d rather look forward to the next draft, than back at previous drafts. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Could have been the thinking was Metcalf was going to last one more round.  26 picks later almost made it.   Not sure how effective Metcalf would have been with an inexperienced QB.  Easy for him to look good catching passes from Russell Wilson.  And who would have been your RT once Ty got hurt?

Bates.  At that time they also had Waddle. No one projected he'd miss the year.

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Bates.  At that time they also had Waddle. No one projected he'd miss the year.

But Waddle was out way before Ty got hurt and even before they signed Bates.  Judging from the Jets game think the team would have been in much worse shape with Bates in there for 7 games was it?

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Remind me again who blocked inside, letting Watt get a clean shot on Allen?

One play, against one of the best Defensive Players of his generation. 

Man, i get it, you’re smarter than everyone else AND you would have drafted a better team AND coached a better game. 

But seriously man, give it a rest. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Getting killed? Come on man, use some objectivity here. 

Metcalf is a good player too, both have made rookie mistakes, and both have made good plays. 

Without pass protection, Metcalf would be useless on any team. The Bills were not the only team with a need, that passed on him multiple times. There was a reason for that. 

One reason teams passed on Metcalf is because a lot of teams actually HAVE decent WR's.  

Cody Ford was still around for a reason too........and THAT wasn't because a lot of teams have good OL's.    The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Now if the Bills solve their WR problem and Ford turns into a decent G.......well then at least it will be better than the Troupe/Gronk decision.  

38 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’d still take Ford. I think he has played really well at RT, and if they decide move him to RG, I’m fine with that too. He’s a tough, powerful grinder. 

I like Metcalf, I didn’t think he was going to be as good as he has been this year. Honestly, Seattle was probably the best place for him. They have a tremendous S&C department there, and his biggest issue was agility. Having an MVP caliber QB has also been a huge part of his development. 

I have no issue with these picks. Either would have been a big piece for the future of the Bills. 

TalkativeGratefulBaiji-size_restricted.g

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

One reason teams passed on Metcalf is because a lot of teams actually HAVE decent WR's.  

Cody Ford was still around for a reason too........and THAT wasn't because a lot of teams have good OL's.    The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Now if the Bills solve their WR problem and Ford turns into a decent G.......well then at least it will be better than the Troupe/Gronk decision.  

So the Patriots, who had a need passed on him, and took Harry. 

The Ravens, Titans, and Niners, all took receivers NOT named D.K. Metcalf. 

Talent evaluators saw a lot they didn’t like in him, and Seattle took a swing and came away with a good player. 

• Like (+1) 1