2019 Re-Draft: Cody Ford vs DK Metcalf

StHustle

In a redraft, would you still choose Cody Ford over DK Metcalf?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take?

I thought Metcalf was going to be a good pro ..some people harped on his combine agility numbers but I thought he would be a Dez Bryant 3 route type of wr slants verticals comebacks none which require great agility . He has superb speed and size .

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Today? Beane would take Metcalf also, problem is he wouldn't be there in the 2nd with a redraft.

Exactly , and that’s why these redo threads are pointless. And we’d have all taken Brady if we knew in 2000 what we know now. Yippeee Isn’t this fun ? 

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe. In a re-draft it would be close.

There were a ton of people here who wanted him in the 2nd. I was pretty much alone wanting him at 9 instead of EO. While Ed put together a decent enough year as a ROTATIONAL DT, Metcalf looks really special.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

There were a ton of people here who wanted him in the 2nd. I was pretty much alone wanting him at 9 instead of EO. While Ed put together a decent enough year as a ROTATIONAL DT, Metcalf looks really special.

Metcalf didn't do it on the field in college. Maybe if we could see him play with Seattle 1st then have the draft it would make the decision easier.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You were def one of the few that would have taken him at 9, which looks fantastic right now. I wanted to trade back in the 1st and snag him and someone else with the extra picks. Once he slipped to the 2nd I thought it was a no brainer for Beane to draft him. 

16 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’d still take Ford. I think he has played really well at RT, and if they decide move him to RG, I’m fine with that too. He’s a tough, powerful grinder. 

I like Metcalf, I didn’t think he was going to be as good as he has been this year. Honestly, Seattle was probably the best place for him. They have a tremendous S&C department there, and his biggest issue was agility. Having an MVP caliber QB has also been a huge part of his development. 

I have no issue with these picks. Either would have been a big piece for the future of the Bills. 

A three cone drill equates to agility?

I don't mind taking Ford but for God's sake he's a Guard not a Tackle. He doesn't have the foot speed to ever play tackle. On either side. I have no doubt we're picking WR in the first or 2nd. And we might also go after Cooper? Amari with Smoke and Shenault would be sick. Beasley 4, Duke 5.....

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Believe it when I see it. He was a dumpster fire at RT.

I'd say dumpster juice

1 minute ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Have you ever run one? That’s exactly what it’s used for. To measure speed and agility. It’s an excellent way to measure a football players agility. 

Wasn't his three cone drill almost comparable to Deandre Hopkins? How is Hopkins working out? Don't need 6'3" 220 lb receiver to be agile. Need him to make catches.

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Ford was getting killed on plays yesterday while Metcalf is a stud and making plays in playoff game.

Getting killed? Come on man, use some objectivity here. 

Metcalf is a good player too, both have made rookie mistakes, and both have made good plays. 

Without pass protection, Metcalf would be useless on any team. The Bills were not the only team with a need, that passed on him multiple times. There was a reason for that. 

5 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I'd say dumpster juice

Wasn't his three cone drill almost comparable to Deandre Hopkins? How is Hopkins working out? Don't need 6'3" 220 lb receiver to be agile. Need him to make catches.

No, in fact it wasn’t even close. 

https://www.fanduel.com/theduel/posts/6311352-d-k-metcalf-shuttle-and-3-cone-times-at-nfl-combine-worse-than-tom-brady