2020 Bills Unrestricted Free Agents

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

only one I want to have back 100% is Spain   No way I'm investing heavy into Shaq Lawson or Jordan Phillips  .  Only the Bills believed in Phillips so maybe he stays on a reasonable contract  I worry we'll overpay to keep "process" guys  I want DiMarco, Gore, Foster, Kroft. gone asap.

If we let Phillips and Lawson walk, we have:

Hughes

Murphy

Darryl Johnson

Oliver

Star

Harry

As for LB, we have:

Edmunds 

Milano

Thompson

Joseph

We just saw 2 of the top 3 elite defenses lose their playoff game.   We had a 16 point second half lead they couldn’t hold.  

If they want to come back, great. ...but I’m not breaking the bank.   We have enough talent to surround with vets and mid-round picks.  

Spend our resources on Offense like we want to give Allen what Mahomes has. 

Edited by SCBills

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm in the opposite opinion when it comes to RB. I think we need to add some speed at the position as to me Motor is a mauler. 

I just think we need a 2nd RB that would be effective when called upon. Not a huge step backward like Gore became later this season.

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Milano’s value has to have dropped with his play over the last month. 

He's always been inconsistent in my opinion but thought he played his best this season. I still wonder if his position is an area to improve on.

Just now, CommonCents said:

Milano’s value has to have dropped with his play over the last month. 

Milano is a good not great player, I think he's the type you need to win but not over pay for. I hate making this comparison but is first one that came to mind but similar to Tedy Bruschi.

4 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

this ... OL is huge ... give Josh 2 more seconds and he can work it.

Also, Mitch Morse said that Spain is a huge help to him because he’s so smart. Just like keeping OL consistency, it’s truly the key to executing on offense in so many ways. He may he replaceable talent wise but we know he plays well in this system already. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also, Mitch Morse said that Spain is a huge help to him because he’s so smart. Just like keeping OL consistency, it’s truly the key to executing on offense in so many ways. He may he replaceable talent wise but we know he plays well in this system already. 

I still think our line needs to play better although I think they did very well. How do we improve there?

I would re-sign Spain, and negotiate with Jordan Phillips. Phillips would be a big loss.  But we get Harrison Phillips back, so perhaps we don't need to spend big money on essentially backup DT.

I'd make a splash and sign Clowney to replace Lorax.

Add either Jason Verrit or Justin Simmons to secondary over KJ

Replace Lawson with Carl Nassib.

Add FA value RB and WR 

Add special team FA

With all our draft picks, draft -WR,OT,RB,WR,OL,LB

It's fun to play Beane with all this cap room and draft picks, and not too may needs . This is a deep roster, and will be much deeper and more talented next season.

Let's go Buffalo!

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I like Bruce and follow him, but he’s wrong.  Shaq and Phillips are mid to high mid level contracts.  Poyer has a year left and he’s not getting younger, some would argue he’s a product of the system and Johnson could be his replacement.  White has 2 years remaining with the 5yr option.  Kevin Johnson is a quality back up, who has played well but not an expensive re-sign.  Spain came to Buffalo on a prove it deal, he won’t see that much more in free agency.

3 minutes ago, frogger said:

I like Bruce and follow him, but he’s wrong.  Shaq and Phillips are mid to high mid level contracts.  Poyer has a year left and he’s not getting younger, some would argue he’s a product of the system and Johnson could be his replacement.  White has 2 years remaining with the 5yr option.  Kevin Johnson is a quality back up, who has played well but not an expensive re-sign.  Spain came to Buffalo on a prove it deal, he won’t see that much more in free agency.

I only posted it because a bunch of the other guys like Joe B etc replied and agreed. Maybe he’s off base 

55 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’d want Spain back, the issue is that if everyone feels like Ford is a guard...then one of these guard spots needs to be open. If I know anything about McDermott, he’s going to play the guys he drafted. That’s just what’s going to happen. So if Ford is going to play, then I want him to play the position he’s best at. That probably means : no Spain unfortunately 

McDermott will stubbornly jam Ford down our throats until his third year when he finally moves him to guard like he “knew all along”. Aside from being conservative with a lead, one of his biggest flaws is sticking with people too long out of loyalty, when it’s obviously not working to anyone with an objective eye.