All hail Nervous Wife!

Nervous Guy

My wife wanted an electric chainsaw for Christmas....yes a chainsaw.  So after a lot of research, I got her a Ryobi 12" 18V chainsaw...she was always a bit afraid of the gas powered ones that I've owned, so she wanted a "lady chainsaw".  She's out there now cutting up large fallen oak limbs from our gypsy moth disaster.   She even took down a 10" diameter dead hemlock,  she loves it and is doing a great job...me, I'm keeping house today.  LOL....this is great!!   BTW last year I taught her how to use the weedwacker and most impressively, the log splitter (she's split oak up to 24+ inches in diameter, by herself!)...Besides being very proud of her, I now consider myself a genius.  All hail Nervous Wife!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

My wife wanted an electric chainsaw for Christmas....yes a chainsaw.  So after a lot of research, I got her a Ryobi 12" 18V chainsaw...she was always a bit afraid of the gas powered ones that I've owned, so she wanted a "lady chainsaw".  She's out there now cutting up large fallen oak limbs from our gypsy moth disaster.   She even took down a 10" diameter dead hemlock,  she loves it and is doing a great job...me, I'm keeping house today.  LOL....this is great!!   BTW last year I taught her how to use the weedwacker and most impressively, the log splitter (she's split oak up to 24+ inches in diameter, by herself!)...Besides being very proud of her, I now consider myself a genius.  All hail Nervous Wife!!

Does it tell you something that she would rather be outside than within 20 feet of your bedroom? I’d say she’s the brilliant one. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Don’t even listen to any fool who tries to deny your genius! 

My wife is not allowed near fireworks stores. She likes to blow $#%& up! Almost burned down the neighbors house once, blaming them for the wood shake roof covered in pine straw. A chainsaw just might be up her alley! 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

Awesome!  Can you teach my wife how to cook?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Does it tell you something that she would rather be outside than within 20 feet of your bedroom? I’d say she’s the brilliant one. 

Now, now, that’s hardly the Holiday spirit! 

26 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

You're A Nervous Genius!  ?

18 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

? that Nervous Guy's housekeeping is inadequate to maintain a "neat and sweet" bedroom environment?

Wait, was this a trick question? ?

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t even listen to any fool who tries to deny your genius! 

My wife is not allowed near fireworks stores. She likes to blow $#%& up! Almost burned down the neighbors house once, blaming them for the wood shake roof covered in pine straw. A chainsaw just might be up her alley! 

We had creme brulee for my daughter's recent birthday.  She celebrated "blowing out" of her teens with a blowtorch!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You rock!

I can't even get my wife to back the car in the driveway (that ain't code!).  She says: "I am a librarian NOT a ***** bus driver."  WOW!  Such a snob!

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

please have your wife complete a safety course. i don't know just how powerful an electric chainsaw is but cutting trees down and even just the plain use of a chainsaw can be extremely dangerous. 

A butter knife (dull) is probably more dangerous than a regular knife.  False sense of security.

Yes... +1.  Like she should have situational awareness with any saw.  They are equally as dangerous.

FWIW... #1 occupational injury at my employer: US Army Corps... Is tree related.  Hard to believe it ain't jumping carp.  We (in District) actually have a survey boat named in honor of a fella who got killed felling a tree.  /smh.

Yet... I do see the humor in the OP's post!  ESSAYONS!

• Haha (+1) 1

Women are weird.

I couldn't get my wife to start our 45 hp Kubota tractor.

Then we got 22" of snow while I was in Buenos Aires, (summer down there), and she did the 850 driveway with a six foot blade and I couldn't get her off the thing when I got home.

So....Quick thinking me..... I got her a zero turn four foot mower for her birthday, and she does the entire lawn, leaving me to do the other acreage on the tractor.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"She really should be wearing chaps, steel toed safety shoes, min +6" w/defined heel/metatarsal coverage and head/eye protection!" ~ @Foxx (He watched that show that takes place in Alaska... What was the name of the show?)

Oh: Yeah.  Only if she's compliant.

you're not referring to that completely, epically stupid show, Naked and Afraid are you?  holycrap what a show concept.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"She really should be wearing chaps, steel toed safety shoes, min +6" w/defined heel/metatarsal coverage and head/eye protection!" ~ @Foxx (He watched that show that takes place in Alaska... What was the name of the show?)

Oh: Yeah.  Only if she's compliant.

5 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you're not referring to that completely, epically stupid show, Naked and Afraid are you?  holycrap what a show concept.

Ax  Men.  Papac Alaskan Logging - Joe was a kick. 

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

Always watch out for widow makers. :ph34r:

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

Dude thats Friggin genius, hats off to ya :beer:

Read this to wife and she said she would love learning that stuff, i think you're on to something here :devil:

1 hour ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

23ed8c5f2e2d3a9a4bad9f2f002ba6aa--stihl-

Nice, needs thicker legs.

• Thank you (+1) 1