Bad Buffalo joke

PromoTheRobot

9 hours ago, Wacka said:

They still make bazooka gum?

Apparently.

2 hours ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Do you really chew that crap or just buy for the cartoons?

Ever hear of a diner called the Friendly Toast? They give you Bazooka with your check

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I don't get it, is he leaving from somewhere on the east coast and they want to know if he wants to make a stop in Buffalo? Or does the train ticket salesman want to know if he would rather ride on a Buffalo to Cleveland instead of the train he was trying to buy tickets for......

Seems very poorly written.....

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, apuszczalowski said:

I don't get it, is he leaving from somewhere on the east coast and they want to know if he wants to make a stop in Buffalo? Or does the train ticket salesman want to know if he would rather ride on a Buffalo to Cleveland instead of the train he was trying to buy tickets for......

Seems very poorly written.....

Cartoon (3 panel) art.  Terse is better.  ?

30 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Cartoon (3 panel) art.  Terse is better.  ?

I understood that, but I find it really reaching cause why would the guy at the ticket station ask him if he wants to go by Buffalo if he is buying a train ticket to Cleveland, unless there is an option that the train doesn't go directly to Cleveland and has a route that will take you by Buffalo as maybe a scenic route?

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I understood that, but I find it really reaching cause why would the guy at the ticket station ask him if he wants to go by Buffalo if he is buying a train ticket to Cleveland, unless there is an option that the train doesn't go directly to Cleveland and has a route that will take you by Buffalo as maybe a scenic route?

Maybe the ticket taker knew unless he worked ‘Buffalo’ into the story, no free case of Bazooka bubble gum.

Pud’s guitar was broken and he said he needed more catgut. Next panel is the scared cat jumping out the window

still a knee slapper

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Sounds like the only rational way to explain it

Pud’s been thinking he’s got to mellow slow

Edited by row_33

On 12/24/2019 at 5:38 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Do you really chew that crap or just buy for the cartoons?

As a kid, Bazooka was my go-to gum. None of that Double-Bubble garbage or the weird gum stick in Topps baseball cards.