Thad Brown: The Bills Have Nothing Left To Prove

I would like to see the Bills starting to win not in spite of themselves but because of their play.  They were completely out coached, out executed on both sides of the ball last night.  They lack the play calling and fundamentals on offense that can sustain drives and keep the ball away from the opponent.  They lack the defensive fundamentals and tackling skills to understand how to stop the best opposing offenses from putting together long agonizing drives. 

That said I love this team and feel they are on the edge of breaking through it all but yesterday proved that they are still not ready and do have things to prove.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I would like to see the Bills starting to win not in spite of themselves but because of their play.  They were completely out coached, out executed on both sides of the ball last night.  They lack the play calling and fundamentals on offense that can sustain drives and keep the ball away from the opponent.  They lack the defensive fundamentals and tackling skills to understand how to stop the best opposing offenses from putting together long agonizing drives. 

That said I love this team and feel they are on the edge of breaking through it all but yesterday proved that they are still not ready and do have things to prove.   

They are not a complete team yet. Keep in mind this is a nearly New Offense. and still trying to sort out who can execute what.

it will come. and the Team "s" will play complimentary football. I firmly believe that

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Nice article but did you notice that Thad started covering the Bills 20 years ago at the start of their decline?  I think it's pretty clear that Brown is to blame for the last 20 years.

Isn't that around when Billy Buffalo showed up?  Has anyone seen Billy and Thad in the same room?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

They are not a complete team yet. Keep in mind this is a nearly New Offense. and still trying to sort out who can execute what.

it will come. and the Team "s" will play complimentary football. I firmly believe that

Also keep in mind they have been unusually healthy this season - the only significant losses have been Harrison Phillips and, the past month, Ty Nshecke.

Next season will be interesting, when they have four starters on IR by October.  

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Also keep in mind they have been unusually healthy this season - the only significant losses have been Harrison Phillips and, the past month, Ty Nshecke.

I was thinking the same going into the game. Bills at nearly full health (as far as we know ) and Patriots in rough shape indeed. Heck they had to drug up Edeman at least twice just to play

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

I think it's time to take the bit out of Josh's mouth.

and remove the blinders. See the HB coming out of the backfield please

Edited by 3rdand12

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

The defense gave up 24 pts - I wouldn’t call that getting manhanded.  The Bills offense had 1st and goal at the 8 and couldn’t punch it in.  Also for as many times as the defense get NE off the field, the offense sputtered with 3 and out drives.  

Equal blame.  It’s not just on the defense.  

You're 100% correct that it's certainly as much the offenses' fault,  if not more - but our defense got embarrassed by a lousy offense.  

Edited by White Linen

37 minutes ago, White Linen said:

You're 100% correct that it's certainly as much the offenses' fault,  if not more - but our defense got embarrassed by a lousy offense.  

They have been lousy but I have a feeling they are going to get their act together in the playoffs.  The same brand of smash mouth football that you saw yesterday

14 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They have been lousy but I have a feeling they are going to get their act together in the playoffs.  The same brand of smash mouth football that you saw yesterday

I didn't see smash mouth football from us yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I didn't see smash mouth football from us yesterday.  

Nope from New England though.  Running game, short passes, and screens

6 minutes ago, bbb said:

Is Thad Brown the QB we kept trading back and forth to Seattle so that nobody had to actually play him?  

Yes, I believe he made a few starts when EJ went down

This seems like a cop out.

We obviously have a ton left to prove, like if we can beat any good NFL teams.

At the end of the season, Tennessee might be the only team with a winning record we will have beat, and we did it against Mariota in a game their kicker missed three kicks. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This seems like a cop out.

We obviously have a ton left to prove, like if we can beat any good NFL teams.

At the end of the season, Tennessee might be the only team with a winning record we will have beat, and we did it against Mariota in a game their kicker missed three kicks. 

Cleveland beat the Bills because of missed kicks. 

The Bills have been in the game, with seconds left, against the lauded Ravens and the dynasty Pats* and made the playoffs with 2 games to go. I'd call that a successful regular season.

In two weeks the real games begin. Keep that in prospective.  The Bills already have a chance at winning the Superbowl, no matter the odds.  There's 20 other teams and hundreds of players and coaches that would love to be where we are. 

Just now, loyal2dagame said:

The Bills have been in the game, with seconds left, against the lauded Ravens and the dynasty Pats* and made the playoffs with 2 games to go. I'd call that a successful regular season.

In two weeks the real games begin. Keep that in prospective.  The Bills already have a chance at winning the Superbowl, no matter the odds.  There's 20 other teams and hundreds of players and coaches that would love to be where we are. 

Sure, but we haven't actually beat anyone good.

Being in games is great. We need to start winning some of them. 

The premise we've got nothing to prove is silly.

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

OR since over the past 20 years the Bills have sustained so many injuries, maybe we are due a few seasons like this one.

24 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Fitz brought the lowly Fins to within 3 of the vaunted Bills D with under 2 minutes to play.  "Duck" Hodges and the other Steelers backups were still in the game driving to tie the Bills with under 2 minutes to go. 

The Bills D, as good as it's going to get this season, faced a NE Offense that is probably as weak as the Bills have seen it in years....and they got roughed up, losing again.

And a guy, after that, concludes that "the Bills have nothing left to prove".   That has to be the dumbest thing written about the Bills all year.  

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fitz brought the lowly Fins to within 3 of the vaunted Bills D with under 2 minutes to play.  "Duck" Hodges and the other Steelers backups were still in the game driving to tie the Bills with under 2 minutes to go. 

The Bills D, as good as it's going to get this season, faced a NE Offense that is probably as weak as the Bills have seen it in years....and they got roughed up, losing again.

And a guy, after that, concludes that "the Bills have nothing left to prove".   That has to be the dumbest thing written about the Bills all year.  

Fitz and Duck are not in the playoffs right now.   

The Bills and 14 other teams faced a "weak" New England offense.  All but 3 failed to beat them so far. 

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying the Bills are bulldozers or juggernauts.  But they are the 5th best team in the AFC this season.