There is one primary reason we lost this game

foreboding

3 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i dont know about this. I think we have become accustomed to our D shutting down opposing teams while we muddle enough O to win. they were out there a huge amount of time.. you 3 n out a ton against the pats..points will be scored. not to mention the D provided a very short field and 3 points for us.

at what point can we ask the O to bail out the D. sustain drives to give them a rest. tackling was definitely a issue but there were plenty of opportunities to put this game out of reach that the offense simply didnt execute. hit the recievers that were wide open and we win the game.

Unfortunately, our coaches have become accustomed to our defense shutting down the opposing offense. It was very clear that was the case in the fourth quarter yesterday based upon their play calling

Edited by Pokebball

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i dont know about this. I think we have become accustomed to our D shutting down opposing teams while we muddle enough O to win. they were out there a huge amount of time.. you 3 n out a ton against the pats..points will be scored. not to mention the D provided a very short field and 3 points for us.

at what point can we ask the O to bail out the D. sustain drives to give them a rest. tackling was definitely a issue but there were plenty of opportunities to put this game out of reach that the offense simply didnt execute. hit the recievers that were wide open and we win the game.

Blame to go around for sure. 

2 things:

1- contrary to popular opinion, 100% of the offensive struggle is not Allen’s fault. There was questionable playcalling, and the OL played like total ***** in run game and pass game.

2- the defense was on the field huge chunks of time because they couldn’t get stops. Almost the entire first half was taken by drives of 11 plays and 17 plays by the pats. The defense got out muscled and got their ass kicked.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

I’d say defense was, by far, the main culprit, but this is a fair assessment of Allen. 

The Pats have averaged over five punts per game this year. Yesterday they punted twice. The Bill's have averaged 4.9 punts per game this year. Yesterday they punted six times.

Edited by Pokebball

7 hours ago, RiotAct said:

25% Josh not making the throws he should have

15% refs letting blatant holding go on the Pats’ offensive line seemingly every play

60% our defense forgetting the fundamentals and once again giving Brady wayyyyy too much respect.

I'm buying this review above.

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Honest question: what did the coaching staff do to put the team in a position to win?

Just YE OLE’s two cents here gents... but it seems that the coaching staff may have played the long game here. This was by far the best game Brady had against McDermott’s defense of late. To YE’s untrained eye, there wasn’t much happening to confuse and frustrate Brady like what we witnessed in the first game this year, and dating back to last season.

The defense seemed very vanilla... and it’s not to say that they didn’t want to win, but one could say it might fall under the McBeane philosophy of win now as well as long term. The chances of Miami winning there next week are very small, and unless that happens, this had all the significance of a preseason game. My guess is, if Brady sees this defense again in January we’re going to see a lot more frustration and confusion coming from him than we did yesterday. As great as a win would’ve felt yesterday, a win there in January is the one that would truly make a statement.

7 hours ago, foreboding said:

When Josh making those 5 to 6 easy throws per game that are possible game changers we wont lose much.

I know we are all bitching about the coaching etc, but the coaches did put us in a position to win. As many have said, I too would have liked to see more creative blitzes etc, but what do we know?

For the record I am 100% in support of our QB.

There were several times in this game and the Ravens game that Josh could have changed the whole vibe and he will get there, but he is young.

The good news is that he does enough other things well. Including the one thing you cannot teach, heart (see the 4th and X sneaks). We can win with JA; when he gets the consistent touch on his throws, this team will be with the top 4 teams for a decade.

I also like the fact that he owns it and seems to know he has to get better. I think he will.

Well put. 

If he gets the consistent touch on his throws is the way I would put it but I'm probably more glass half empty than full. ?

It's fair to say that, he's a 'project QB' . 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Yes. It is. It said SB champion scores 16. Like they did last time. When the defense played well. 

17 points isn’t enough.  Winning like that is not sustainable in 2019.  Defense wasn’t great but neither was the offense 

30 minutes ago, LB48 said:

I'm buying this review above.

100% scapegoating 

I’d say:

30% defense
70% offense

Outside of the big throws, the offense didn’t really do much to put together drives and Lee New England off the field.  

Late to the party on this thread, but IMO it was a team loss. 

Josh was flat out bad way too often and the D gave up points on a drive that started at the 1.

And yet both units kept us in it until the end. I'm looking forward to the playoffs, I'm not sure anyone wants to play us.

• Like (+1) 1

When it's the Patriots, it's never about one thing.   It's everything.   They do everything well, and they don't let themselves get beat at anything.  If you're going to beat them, you have to beat them all over the field, every minute.  

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

When it's the Patriots, it's never about one thing.   It's everything.   They do everything well, and they don't let themselves get beat at anything.  If you're going to beat them, you have to beat them all over the field, every minute.  

That's why you need 7 when you create the early fumble. 

I would of liked to see a fake field goal on the early drive after the fumble. 

Edited by london_bills

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

That's why you need 7 when you create the early fumble. 

That's a good point.  I'm generally satisfied with taking the points the game gives you, but the Patriots are going to limit your opportunities to beat them.  You need to take advantage of them.  Three points in that situation made a big difference.  If they get seven and nothing else changes throughout the game, the Bills kick a field goal at the end and go to overtime. 

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's a good point.  I'm generally satisfied with taking the points the game gives you, but the Patriots are going to limit your opportunities to beat them.  You need to take advantage of them.  Three points in that situation made a big difference.  If they get seven and nothing else changes throughout the game, the Bills kick a field goal at the end and go to overtime. 

I picked up the game late and was watching it up until when we got the fumble.

My stream froze and I reloaded it, went a bit too far and saw haush was lining up for the field goal. I felt really disappointed. Got to punish them and make them pay for those mistakes. 

Edited by london_bills