Jerry Sullivan-- Voice of Reason

Casey D

I am no fan of his constant negative style, but today he writes a positive piece that is spot on about how the balance of power finally is shifting in the AFC East .  He is just a little ray of sunshine today compared to some of these gloomy threads.  When JS can lift you spirits, we know for sure this is the season of miracles. ?

Mod edit.  Op, please include for yourself next time.

Link: https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/sullivan-patriots-still-have-bills-number-but-gap-clearly-closing/article_f9fd386a-2464-11ea-aa48-2fb805bcda27.html

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Jerry Sullivan-- Voice of Reason [needs reference link]

I actually agree and disagree with Sullivan.

Agree that the Bills are about to replace the Patriots as the best team in the division.

Disagree that the Bills played with no fear of the Patriots. I believe they played way too timid and that is why I am pissed....because I truly believe we can whip that teams ass if, particularly, the defense played their game.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I actually agree and disagree with Sullivan.

Agree that the Bills are about to replace the Patriots as the best team in the division.

Disagree that the Bills played with no fear of the Patriots. I believe they played way too timid and that is why I am pissed....because I truly believe we can whip that teams ass if, particularly, the defense played their game.

Yes.

If the defense plays fearless yesterday and gets some pressure on Brady, we win going away.

I truly hope that they just played a vanilla scheme yesterday and that it wasn't timidness. 

44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

When referencing a piece, please provide a link or sufficient information so that we can find it.

Here you go:

https://www.niagara-gazette.com/sports/sullivan-patriots-still-have-bills-number-but-gap-clearly-closing/article_f9fd386a-2464-11ea-aa48-2fb805bcda27.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Until we beat them, it’s not over.  We’ve had moral victories before and thought it would end the next year, yet here we are. 

I’m just not buying into any of it until the win column supports it.  

They swept us this year.  And for all those saying we would have won the first game if Allen stayed in it?  He has the ball this game and we didn’t.  We didn’t have the offense in the first game and we didn’t have the defense in this game.  It’s always something and will continue to be that way until it isn’t. 

The worst part is, Brady didn’t really beat us in either game.  So who’s to say another QB on that team wouldn’t have done the same to us.  

So no, it’s not over 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Until we beat them, it’s not over.  We’ve had moral victories before and thought it would end the next year, yet here we are. 

I’m just not buying into any of it until the win column supports it.  

They swept us this year.  And for all those saying we would have won the first game if Allen stayed in it?  He has the ball this game and we didn’t.  We didn’t have the offense in the first game and we didn’t have the defense in this game.  It’s always something and will continue to be that way until it isn’t. 

The worst part is, Brady didn’t really beat us in either game.  So who’s to say another QB on that team wouldn’t have done the same to us.  

So no, it’s not over 

What would we ever do without your wisdom?

5 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Whoa. He's not only being positive, he's actually right about something 

I am not Sully 's biggest fan but I do respect him.  That comes from nearly 20 years of cursing him for being overly negative only to, once again, come to realize that's he's just realistic.  Sully is the ultimate "see it to believe it" guy if there ever was one and he does know his stuff.  This is just confirmation of exactly what I was feeling last night.  If we had a RT worth a damn in that game, things would be significantly different.  Ford got abused all night long.  Seriously the weakest link on that line by bar.  ZERO CHANCE that Beane and McD start next season with him at the starter at RT.  Or even the backup.  He just can't do it at this level. 

The Josh Allen vs BB battle has shifted dramatically now.  Something has changed and Allen is figuring it out.  You could see it translating into plays as the game went on (ex John Brown 53 yard TD).  There were numerous other examples.  If anyone else can think of some please feel free to add to this.

• Like (+1) 1