Besides the Shout Song - what in stadium traditions do we have?

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

KEEP THE TRAIN WHISTLE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve only been to one Bills home game, and besides the crappy PA system, the train horn was easily the most annoying thing I encountered there.

I think they should replace it with the rumble sound of a Buffalo stampede.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

I’ve only been to one Bills home game, and besides the crappy PA system, the train horn was easily the most annoying thing I encountered there.

I think they should replace it with the rumble sound of a Buffalo stampede.

I'd prefer both (not at the same time), actually!  Love 'em both!

We used to have this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/behind-the-pom-poms-with-the-buffalo-jills-10475871

banner.png

And for you Old-Timers like @Cripple Creek

BuffaloJills001.jpg

Then we got new ownership, became WAF, and have a train horn @Gugny simply loves... Led to this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/the-stampede-rock-the-ralph-13587501

YOU be the judge!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Re-posting from another thread:

I was actually going to create a thread seeking ideas for how to improve our home-field advantage. I think that could be a productive discussion, and hopefully it could catch some attention.

Long-term, obviously it would be great to build a stadium that amplifies the Bills Mafia noise. It should also have a retractable roof, as the weather provides an advantage over few opponents.

The Terrible Towels and those classic songs are a big deal in terms of intimidation. The 12th Man ceremony in Seattle is big. The tomahawk chop and chant in Kansas City is big. The "J-E-T-S" chant is actually extremely loud and intimidating. The Bills don't have anything quite like these -- the Shout song doesn't scare people.

Coaching-wise, something also needs to be done to prepare the players for playing at home. They need to come with that same intensity they show on the road; in fact, more so.

I'm thinking the train horn also needs to go and needs to be replaced with something more intense.

Bills brass should look at any and all ideas to tweak and improve the game-day atmosphere to maximize our home-field advantage.

Beane and McDermott could make a real long-term impact for years to come even after they're gone if they are able to implement new home-field traditions.

Maybe they should ask the players as part of their after-the-season wrap up - What they would like to see?  What do they think would help them?

Back in the day, when the Bills were scoring a lot...I think the Shout! song did intimidate opponents.  You could see them sort of brace themselves and wince, "oh God, they're going to play that thing again!"    But obviously, it doesn't work as a rally song.

15 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

One tragic incident is fortunately, NOT a tradition.

• Like (+1) 1

the train AIR  HORN ......sucks !......bring back the stampeding bisons and really make the sound rumble.

standing for the entire game......sucks ......used to be just 3rd & 4th downs (i'm getting old).

still like the bills make me wanna shout song...(yea i know, besides that)...but there aren't any other in stadium "traditions".

the next best in stadium traditions are some of the characters who wear for lack of a better word, the same costumes each week. pancho (rip) , elvis, baker hat guys, etc..

the wave....lol...weak

even the crowd noise is much less now compared to when capacity was 80,290 vs the current 71,608 of which more are "inside" suites

miss the cheerleaders

6 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We used to have this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/behind-the-pom-poms-with-the-buffalo-jills-10475871

banner.png

And for you Old-Timers like @Cripple Creek

BuffaloJills001.jpg

Then we got new ownership, became WAF, and have a train horn @Gugny simply loves... Led to this:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/the-stampede-rock-the-ralph-13587501

YOU be the judge!

Having neither would be fine with me.

Edited by Gugny

I was in Cleveland for a wedding in ‘04. On Sunday, we went to the Eagles-Browns game. The G.E. Smith band was the house band & played during timeouts. That was cool. The Bills were getting shellacked in Baltimore but the out of town scoreboard omitted the Ravens because Cleveland not only rocks, it remembers.

I don’t like the train whistle. Most fans around the league don’t need encouragement to make noise for 3rd down. Back in the ‘90s they’d play a video of Fred & Barney in their water buffalo hats chanting “Let’s Go Buffalo”.

Random ideas:

I’d like Goo Goo Dolls to do a punk version of “Shout!”. Play that for FGs & safeties. Play the regular version for TDs. 

Before kickoff - Marv asking his team, “Where else would you rather be than right here, right now? When it’s too tough for them, it’s just right for us!”

Before the start of the 4th, play the scene from “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” when Phoebe Cates is getting out of the pool but interrupt it and have super fan Elvis say, “What are you looking at? There’s a Bills game on!” This would never fly but it would be funny.

Disclaimer: I haven’t been to a home game since JP Losman’s debut.

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’ve always had this vision that every time we play the Patriots it rains dildos on the Patriots sidelines at the 2 minute warning of the 1st half. I pretty much envision it to be like this:

Brady would need to leave the game and be rushed to the hospital to get them all surgically removed, he wouldn't be able to help himself... would be grabbing them up by the handfuls

I like the train horn, to be honest.  The sound of it is programmed in my brain to mean 'Bills game'.  My kid will play Madden and I hear it and it brings me into the stadium.

The shout song is a wild/funny tradition.

It would be cool to have some sort of hype-song right before the 4th quarter.  I think we would have trouble agreeing on what that was though.  "Courage..." by the Hip would be awesome.

Kickoffs would be cool to have something else perhaps.  Seven Nation Army is unoriginal and we were very late to that party.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Nothing pisses me off more than getting rid of the video of the charging buffalo herd on the jumbotron for a ***** train whistle

I agree 1000%. Hate the train horn. So damn annoying. The buffalo herd was awesome. How could they ever get rid of that? It needs to come back.

Edited by bmur66

20 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Maybe they should ask the players as part of their after-the-season wrap up - What they would like to see?  What do they think would help them?

Back in the day, when the Bills were scoring a lot...I think the Shout! song did intimidate opponents.  You could see them sort of brace themselves and wince, "oh God, they're going to play that thing again!"    But obviously, it doesn't work as a rally song.

One tragic incident is fortunately, NOT a tradition.

It was tongue-in-cheek, Hap. Unfortunately, stupid, drunken behavior is a 'tradition' of every fan base.