Allen picks up tab for Eichel, Reinhardt and ROR

YoloinOhio

Feeling the One Buffalo Love? 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/12/13/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-ryan-oreilly-st-louis-blues-buffalo-sabres-jack-eichel/

One of the biggest roars Thursday night in KeyBank Center came when Bills running back Devin Singletary was shown on the jumbotron sitting in a luxury suite wearing a white Sabres 50th anniversary sweater – and turned his back to the camera to show it was a No. 26 Rasmus Dahlin jersey. Singletary also wears No. 26.

And the goodwill between the teams apparently was also on full display Monday night at Hutch's, the longtime Delaware Avenue restaurant that's a favorite of NHL players, media and front office types.

According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Blues star and former Sabres center Ryan O'Reilly was dining with former Buffalo teammates, including Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart at the same time as Bills quarterback Josh Allen was in the restaurant.

O'Reilly told Thomas that Allen – who has worn his No. 17 Sabres anniversary jersey to games in New Era Field – picked up the tab for his hockey buddies. A source close to the quarterback confirmed the story to The News on Friday.

On the salary scorecard, that's a pretty good move by Allen when you consider 2019-20 paychecks:

Jack Eichel: $10 million
Ryan O'Reilly: $6 million
Josh Allen: $4.8 million
Sam Reinhart: $3.75 million

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

If I were Eichel or Josh, I'd straight up BUY Hutch's outright, and keep it the way it is. That place is the best restaurant in the city (honorable mention to Oliver's).

I never see any local sports figures when I go to Hutch's (or Tempo or Remington Tavern). :(

And I agree, Hutch's is wonderful.

After ROR's final season in Buffalo, he was interviewed at a point where he was sad and frustrated with the lack of progress on the team.  He spoke from the heart, and it was interpreted by some as saying he was sick of Buffalo instead of what he meant, which was he was sick of losing.  But after that he had to go, unfortunately.  The Sabres with ROR today would be vastly better than the Sabres with whatever we got in return.  He was a special player.

As far as Eichel and ROR getting along, I never heard anything but it's possible, with two strong players both thinking they should be leading the team.  The Sabres made co-captains work with Drury and Briere back when they were really good, and I don't see why it couldn't work again with the right players.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

After ROR's final season in Buffalo, he was interviewed at a point where he was sad and frustrated with the lack of progress on the team.  He spoke from the heart, and it was interpreted by some as saying he was sick of Buffalo instead of what he meant, which was he was sick of losing.  But after that he had to go, unfortunately.  The Sabres with ROR today would be vastly better than the Sabres with whatever we got in return.  He was a special player.

As far as Eichel and ROR getting along, I never heard anything but it's possible, with two strong players both thinking they should be leading the team.  The Sabres made co-captains work with Drury and Briere back when they were really good, and I don't see why it couldn't work again with the right players.

Wasn't he a big partier when he was here?  ROR that is.

12 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Wasn't he a big partier when he was here?  ROR that is.

He got in trouble one summer for backing into a Tim Hortons (after having some non timmies type drinks) when he was back home in Ontario. 

Fans wanted to run him out of town because he gave an honest heart felt speech at the end of the season where he said he lost his enjoyment of playing hockey and fans got their underwear in a bunch demanding he be moved. His comments were from him being sick of losing, so the front office moved him and he went on to win the cup the next season while the losing continued in Buffalo. Rumors were also created that he was upset that Eichel would become Captain instead of him and that he was jealous and hated Eichel for it

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I never see any local sports figures when I go to Hutch's (or Tempo or Remington Tavern). :(

And I agree, Hutch's is wonderful.

As a server at one of the above mentioned establishments, I can assure you Buffalo athletes are in there all the time. Not as often as when Russ Brandon ran the teams, but still often enough. 

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

As a server at one of the above mentioned establishments, I can assure you Buffalo athletes are in there all the time. Not as often as when Russ Brandon ran the teams, but still often enough. 

Didn't doubt it. ? I said I never see any...

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Got any good stories?  Like having to cut up Trent Edwards steak and feed him like a toddler or having to ask Matthew Barnaby to leave after destroying all the toilets in the ladies room?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Who are the lousy tippers? Shady set a great example I’m sure. 

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Got any good stories?  Like having to cut up Trent Edwards steak and feed him like a toddler or having to ask Matthew Barnaby to leave after destroying all the toilets in the ladies room?

I had some decent access to Brandon and Marrone and Whaley and Rex and that whole futile era of the team (and the corresponding Sabres personnel); McBeane runs a much tighter, less public operation. Definitely overheard some things from coaches, owners, execs, and players throughout the years. 

I'm hesitant to tell stories out of school, as it's part of my job to treat such high-profile clientele with discretion...

Edited by Richard Noggin