Bills will light up NE on Sat

dtgolder

What needs to happen is the same blitzing and pass rush we had last night.  MUST have a stellar game by our defensive backfield and linebackers if we do that.  Can’t give up the big play via pass or run.  When Brady is hit and rushed this season, he is not accurate and makes poor decisions.  Need to get after him.

Problem is they have a good defense, not as good as Pitt, but enough to cause us problems.  Need to connect on a few long passes to open up the run and slants to rescue Josh.  

What I’d  love to see is screen passes like we used to get to Thurman.  Get Singletary in open space and let him juke and jive (and hold on the ball).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

What needs to happen is the same blitzing and pass rush we had last night.  MUST have a stellar game by our defensive backfield and linebackers if we do that.  Can’t give up the big play via pass or run.  When Brady is hit and rushed this season, he is not accurate and makes poor decisions.  Need to get after him.

Problem is they have a good defense, not as good as Pitt, but enough to cause us problems.  Need to connect on a few long passes to open up the run and slants to rescue Josh.  

What I’d  love to see is screen passes like we used to get to Thurman.  Get Singletary in open space and let him juke and jive (and hold on the ball).

They have the #1 defense in yardage and scoring.

I hope you're right. It's tough to really know what this offense can actually do. 

It's been incredibly conservative of late, sans the one play in the first half when we went for it on 4th and 6. Allen has to make those deep throws and his receivers have to make more contested catches.  

I don't want to see it but it may make sense to continue being conservative with the playoffs locked and our D playing such inspirational football. 

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

HURRY HIM!

HIT HIM!!

HURT HIM!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I like our chances to win but I won’t predict a blow out. Our offense doesn’t light teams up. We get a nice lead and kill clock Tommy and/or Julian. 

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not sure what to think about this one. I think our D will keep us in the game for 4 quarters, but if this offensive game plan doesn’t change, it’ll end up being a wasted defensive effort once again. No room to be overly conservative unlike last night 

This is wrong. Conservatism just means you do not take unnecessary chances. Playing aggressive offense against the best defenses in the league is like playing with fire.  Why would you put the ball in jeopardy against the #1 turnover team in the NFL? The only way the Steelers could have won last night is if they got a bunch of turnovers. The Bills were smart not to give them that chance. It is the same thing against the Patriots. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Problem with New England is they have two elite corners followed by an impressive secondary to boot. They can easily remove Smoke and Beezer without any problems and who would be left to throw to? Perhaps Knox? Singletary? Who else?

You beat New England by running the ball. Only way Allen has a big game is if he’s running the ball. I see a loss here followed by a win over the Jets. Sorry.

McCourty was out this week. Not sure why, but maybe he will be out next week too.  Hopefully Josh learned from the game.  The only way the Pats win is by the mistakes the other team makes.  Lets not give them that a second time.

22 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Thats why we have to open up the field.  Easier said then done, I know.

Open the field, loosen the LOS.  Can’t let teams bunch up within 10-15 yards of the LOS.  Immediately after the pass to Brown, the Pitt Dbacks backed off some and the LOS was less packed.

Again, feel some well run screens can open it up also.

Edited by davefan66

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but, the revenge tour so far this year is working out pretty well... We beat the three NFC East teams that beat us in the Superb Owls... We beat TEN (in a game that featured an illegal forward pass that was actually called)... We beat the Yinzers as revenge for '04... Who's left? The team that's been cheating and stealing our lunch money for two decades... 

Again, I'm not sayin...I'm just sayin...

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

They also have the corners capable of effectively running cover 0 if they are all playing.  We have not done so well against that thus far.  Though it is a good test for our upcoming rematch against the Ravens.

1 minute ago, MrSarcasm said:

Always fun to see obscure predictions based on opposite history and facts. That's like me predicting it to be 70 degrees and sunny next week, although past history and current season dictate that it is highly unlikely.

?

This team has done the exact opposite of past history though.  Past history doesn't mean jack squat.

I don't think there's any reason to feel like we are going to light ANYONE up, much less NE in their house. Just don't have the offensive firepower for that. And Josh's worst game, perhaps of his career, was against NE this year. And now Bill Belichick has much more tape on us.

Beating them is possible, for sure, but it will take a great defensive effort and a much better offensive showing than last time.