The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

17 minutes ago, Hedge said:

(and note the demographics...inroads being made?)

Not really.  Ultra orthodox have generally been very conservative.   The only time they've strayed was when Senator-to-be-Hillary bribed some senior rep from a heavily Hasid enclave and 95% of the town voted for her.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

(and note the demographics...inroads being made?)

Religious Jews tend to vote Republican, secular Jews tend to vote Democrat.

Given the yarmulkes, I’m guessing these folks are religious.

43 minutes ago, GG said:

Not really.  Ultra orthodox have generally been very conservative.   The only time they've strayed was when Senator-to-be-Hillary bribed some senior rep from a heavily Hasid enclave and 95% of the town voted for her.

I can’t even begin to tell you how pleased I was that these folks broke out into the PPP dancing Hasidic Jew meme.  We even got to do it without any rabid anti-Semitism.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Alphonse D'Amato says "Hello".

They strayed for Schumer in 1998.

Edited by snafu
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..quick question Doc....could the maneuvering delay actually resonate with swing voters in that the hesitancy sends a message about the legitimacy of the whole circus?...........

I can’t imagine anyone feels that the Dems have made their case but apparently some people do.  So I really couldn’t tell you. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

I can’t imagine anyone feels that the Dems have made their case but apparently some people do.  So I really couldn’t tell you. 

don't worry, the GOP will get back the House and make it a real good one to take down a Dem real crook....  :D

On 12/19/2019 at 4:48 PM, IDBillzFan said:

I just saw in the other thread that Warren is in big heap trouble.

Maybe she can work as an extra when they do a reboot of "F-Troop."

She’d fit right in. Most of the Hakawe (sp?)  we’re Jewish or Italian. 

GIVE IT AN ASTERISK: 

Roger Kimball: The ‘Impeachment’ of Donald Trump: It’s amazing what semantic potency can reside in a pair of quotation marks. 

“Many commentators, myself included, have warned that the House was playing a dangerous game by taking the box marked ‘impeachment’ down from the shelf and beginning to bat those balls around when there were no plausible grounds—none—for playing the game to begin with.

Impeachment—again, as many commentators, myself included, have pointed out—was intended by the Founders to be a remedy of last resort, an in-case-of-fire-break-glass option when every other recourse had failed. As recently as this March, Nancy Pelosi had insisted that impeachment had to be a bipartisan decision, only employed to address the most serious crimes.”

ANALYSIS: TRUE. Congressman: Dems Impeached Trump to ‘Shield’ Themselves from ‘Reckoning that Will Come.’

Flashback, March 2017: “Hypothesis: The spying-on-Trump thing is worse than we even imagine, and once it was clear Hillary had lost and it would inevitably come out, the Trump/Russia collusion talking point was created as a distraction.”