The Impeachment Trial of President Donald J. Trump

Nanker

3 hours ago, snafu said:

The problem with Trump is that he’s a horrible communicator. People have had to interpret what he says for years and they see what they want to see — and it has made his time in office more difficult. 

<snip>

'"Do me a favor"

I was born and grew up in New Jersey. I heard this colloquialism on a daily basis.
You know? Right?

Quid pro quo - fuhgetaboutit

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

from the lefties boy, Noah Feldman... you know, their legal constitutional scholar whom they called to the Judiciary committee to layout the case for the impeachment of Trump...

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1207795034902474752

:lol:

idiots, the whole lot of 'em.

I've been wondering about that, and I'm not entirely sure he's correct.  His argument isn't necessarily wrong, but as he presents it in Bloomberg it's shallow and incomplete.  

Ultimately, if we're lucky, Pelosi's going to end up with this question before the Supreme Court, which will make this circus infinitely more hilarious.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Really? Because I recall the Rs hating Bill Clinton, but not trying to impeach him from before he was elected (actually, I recall them hating Hillary more than Bill).

While Bill Clinton was impeached over an actual crime (perjury), Trump hasn't committed a crime  but I am a card carrying 5th avenuer so i believe that all that  crap DT was trying to pull with Rudy in the Ukraine was cool(well, #OrangeManBad isn't a crime no matter how the press and the Ds would like to spin it). 

I disagreed with the Clinton impeachment (and he came back stronger after it), I am incensed with the Trump impeachment. I expect President Trump to be even stronger politically than Clinton was after that debacle. 

FIFY

The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The public image of Trump would say he wanted the announcement. I understand that. But there's pre-existing policy to lend weight the other way, including an ongoing investigation into Ukraine and the 2016 election being run by the DOJ which pre-dated the call by half a year. 

On one hand you have the Trump ego/persona/need to win -- on the other you have Trump actually executing (at the very least the appearance of) the process of a corruption investigation in multiple countries prior to this, not to mention a full campaign run of stump speeches where he made that general fight a central plank of his platform. 

You can believe his intentions were pure, or corrupt as a matter of opinion of course -- no argument there. But in terms of the rule of law, in our system where you're innocent until proven guilty as a starting point, there was nowhere near the amount of needed evidence to make the case convincingly that it was corrupt. This whole thing didn't change a single mind as to their opinion on Trump the man, that was baked in. But the over-reach by the DNC definitely is a reminder to the centrists and independents that this whole thing is a subversion of the very institutions and constitution Pelosi and Schiff are swearing they're somberly upholding during this undertaking. 

This was doomed from the start, the longer it gets dragged out the worse it's going to get for the vulnerable House members who won in Trump country in 2018 when he wasn't on the ballot. The turnout will be massive in 2020 (on all sides), but a large chunk of Trump's base didn't turn out for the 2018 midterms. They will turn out in 2020 and go red all the way down the card. (imo of course)

Doood.....so far he was impeached....not convicted....that is up to the Senate...but they are more concerned with covering up his actions as quickly as possible....the ultimate enablers...

23 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

'"Do me a favor"

I was born and grew up in New Jersey. I heard this colloquialism on a daily basis.
You know? Right?

Quid pro quo - fuhgetaboutit

'"Do me us a favor"

But I get your point.

:beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

from the lefties boy, Noah Feldman... you know, their legal constitutional scholar whom they called to the Judiciary committee to layout the case for the impeachment of Trump...

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1207795034902474752

:lol:

idiots, the whole lot of 'em.

That’s what I was saying!  Hey if this anesthesia thing doesn’t work out...

53 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I think Trump should give Pelosi a deadline for handing over the articles to the Senate.

If she fails to do so, he should adjourn Congress.

No, he should charge her with obstruction of Congress. 

13 minutes ago, snafu said:

'"Do me us a favor"

But I get your point.

:beer:

The “us” conveniently gets changed to “me.”  ?

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why ask?  Just say “since the articles haven’t been sent to the Senate he hasn’t been impeached.”  Keep repeating it. 

..quick question Doc....could the maneuvering delay actually resonate with swing voters in that the hesitancy sends a message about the legitimacy of the whole circus?...........

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..quick question Doc....could the maneuvering delay actually resonate with swing voters in that the hesitancy sends a message about the legitimacy of the whole circus?...........

No, because no matter how thin you slice it, it's still baloney.

On 12/18/2019 at 6:58 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Glad he is gone, he didn't do anything to help this country. All he did was destroy it even more and create a war between our own people in this country. 

(and note the demographics...inroads being made?)

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Hedge said:

(and note the demographics...inroads being made?)

Inroads? LOL, keep dreaming. Most of the country hates that lying scum bag.  

Less than a year from now you brown tongues will be screaming how immigrants stole the election, or was it the deep in your butt state? 

On 12/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, Boca BIlls said:

Glad he is gone, he didn't do anything to help this country. All he did was destroy it even more and create a war between our own people in this country. 

..LOL....another thought provoking, contributory gem just like on the football side...........SMH...........