A comment about Lamar gets a 49er's announcer suspended

Stallions

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He should be suspended for making a laughable ridiculous theory as to why Jackson is good a the fake.  Without the "skin color" comment....it's just dumb.

I guess I am not so sure, I would want to ask LB's and DB's if there is any validity to the theory, most of which would be players of color. I imagine you play the person not the ball, but at some point you have to know where the ball is?

1 minute ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

I guess I am not so sure, I would want to ask LB's and DB's if there is any validity to the theory, most of which would be players of color. I imagine you play the person not the ball, but at some point you have to know where the ball is?

Yes, by all means--ask all the black LBs if they struggle to see the ball due to Jackson's dark skin....LOL

1 hour ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

Our society is becoming very irrational.

I agree, but probably not for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Well now, I guess they will have to suspend a black baseball commentator if he says the pitcher hides the baseball well because of his light skin.

My case in point. 

13 minutes ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

Do you really think he would get angry at that question?  Maybe I am naive, but I don't think he would.

Right.  Zo would be unable to contain himself and would lash out violently at an honest question...do I have that right Weo? 

Just now, jimmy10 said:

I agree, but probably not for the same reason. 

My case in point. 

At the risk of this being banished to ppp I will stop here, but what is the point if there isn't a uniform standard? 

11 hours ago, Stevie Ray said:

Good grief. Everything is so offensive nowadays.

Exactly, 

what is sooooo offensive here???? 

Dark uniforms , dark football, Lamar is an African American so obviously his hands are darker then let’s say Josh Allen’s , 

• Like (+1) 1

is the guy a racist? I don’t know him but it seems like he wasn’t trying to be racist. Fairly innocent mistake but it was a mistake.  Talking about someone’s dark skin is always going to not great.  

it’s a game suspension and he will be back the following week.  Learn and move forward. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

At the risk of this being banished to ppp I will stop here, but what is the point if there isn't a uniform standard? 

I agree. There should be a uniform standard of empathy and an ability to step outside of one’s own head to consider just for a second how words and actions may be hurtful to others. Instead, we get the old “well then, why can’t *I* say *this*?” as if that makes any damn sense at all. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BehindTheWoodshed said:

Do you really think he would get angry at that question?  Maybe I am naive, but I don't think he would.

Nah...he would laugh at the suggestion that he has trouble seeing the ball in Lamar Jackson's super black limbs.

8 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I agree. There should be a uniform standard of empathy and an ability to step outside of one’s own head to consider just for a second how words and actions may be hurtful to others. Instead, we get the old “well then, why can’t *I* say *this*?” as if that makes any damn sense at all. 

Agree. People should be able to consider how their words and actions affect others. On the other hand, people should also not go out of their way to find something offensive in other people's words and actions.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Agree. People should be able to consider how their words and actions affect others. On the other hand, people should also not go out of their way to find something offensive in other people's words and actions.

Heh, we're living at a time of manufactured outrage.  I hope it ends soon.