Christian Wade as scout team QB this week?

Dan Darragh

5 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

If John Brown is practicing with the scout team this week, we have a problem

I figured we were playing "make believe" since we were speculating about a guy who is 5"9" tall, probably can't throw a football, and possessing a low football IQ, being the scout team QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I figured we were playing "make believe" since we were speculating about a guy who is 5"9" tall, probably can't throw a football, and possessing a low football IQ, being the scout team QB.

I think his unconventional running style could help, but yeah, all the things you said make sense too.

7 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

There are no Forward passes in Rugby.  but they do laterally or behind them to the next player 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder how Wade is developing and what exactly he is working on. Just having a year to practice and get used to the game while not taking a PS spot is kind of a huge advantage in his development. I think the NFL made a good move allowing that exemption. As it gives these foreign guys a chance to stay on a roster for a full season and 2 off-seasons to try and develop into a quality enough player to at least make a PS spot and continue to develop. PS spots are developmental but if a guy is super raw and needs a lot of work then a PS spot is hard to justify as those spots aren't freebies. 

I dont think he's faster or shiftier than Foster or McKenzie, but I like the way you think.

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

I don't think throwing is the part of Jackson's game that will trouble the Bills.

By the way maybe we should sign Colin K to work with the scout team for the week.

Dude, the way Jackson runs some of those option plays, it was almost impossible to tell who actually had the ball while WATCHING ON TV. Hope the boys maintain their lanes and gap integrity. Gonna be a tough one.

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I dont think he's faster or shiftier than Foster or McKenzie, but I like the way you think.

Dude, the way Jackson runs some of those option plays, it was almost impossible to tell who actually had the ball while WATCHING ON TV. Hope the boys maintain their lanes and gap integrity. Gonna be a tough one.

Sell out on Jackson every time. If the running backs get some yards, oh well. Always assume it is going to Jackson. If he gets stuffed enough he'll get frustrated and make mistakes. But yes, maintain your gaps and play fundamentally sound.

Plus, keep speed on the field. The Ravens use heavy sets to get less speed on the field on the defense, so don't play that game. Keep speed on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yep. And the quote from Eric Weddle — a safety known for his ability to read plays rather than his athleticism — bears that out. Basically said that half the time he didn’t know who had the ball, Jackson or a RB. Scary good at this ....

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yep. And the quote from Eric Weddle — a safety known for his ability to read plays rather than his athleticism — bears that out. Basically said that half the time he didn’t know who had the ball, Jackson or a RB. Scary good at this ....

So predetermine that Jackson will get the ball every time. You'll at least be right some of the time and it's far more important to contain Jackson than it is to contain the running backs.

I would probably prefer someone that has played QB or at least football a bit longer...

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Assignments vs option QB. One player has QB and another the RB. You dont care who actually has the ball. Players learn this in college if not high school and below.