Steve Tasker's chances of making it into the Hall of Fame

TigerJ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001080809/article/pro-football-hall-of-fame-class-of-2020-25-semifinalists-ranked

The appropriately named Adam Rank just did an article at NFL.com that power ranks the 25 semifinalists for the Hall of Fame.  Steve Tasker is ranked #5 on his list,  after a pair of safeties (Troy Polamalu and Steve Atwater) and a pair of linebackers (Patrick Willis and Zack Thomas).  To me that translates to decent odds of getting in.  Of course, not all sportswriters with a vote will think exactly the way Adam Rank does, and we don't know how many on the list will be admitted, but it would be nice if he makes it finally.

Edited by TigerJ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i thought he was a good player but not HOF worthy, definitely not above Steve.

Did teams change game plans when they played Phish with Thomas? No.  No difference when he was in or out other than targeting replacement more.

Many teams have said that when they played the Bills they changed game plan on special teams to prevent Steve from destroying their game on special teams with some teams assigning three players to block him (which did not always work).  The NFL changed rules due to some things they did not anticipate player doing like Steve did.  He would have FEASTED on teams with current special teams rules.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He doesn’t qualify by one year for the Senior club which is huge this year, which stinks as he definitely would have made one of those 20.  I know he is the best non kicker ST player of all time, but not sure if that will get him in this year.  I certainly want him to get in this year, but with 20 going in, I think he is a lot CJ for the senior committee this year if he at least gets to the top 15 this year.

42 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Zach Thomas?  I really was not impressed with him when he paid for the Phish.

He was a very good player, a classic overachiever but to me not close to a Hall of Famer.  He belongs on whatever is the equivalent to Miami's Wall of Fame.  He could already be inducted into that by now for all I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

He was absolutely, in my opinion, a HOF’er on Teams. The guy was a monster and absolutely changed games with his coverage ability. He HAMMERED people. 

The HOF is designed to showcase the best of the best in football. He was as much a game changer as Guy...who is in already. Tasker deserves to wear a gold jacket. 

• Thank you (+1) 1