Steve Tasker's chances of making it into the Hall of Fame

TigerJ

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Zach Thomas?  I really was not impressed with him when he paid for the Phish.

The closest Thomas deserves to be to the HOF is a visit to his former brother-in-law Jason Taylor's house.

Tasker deserves to be in the HOF. He revolutionized Special Teams, much like HOFer Ray Guy did the punting position.

2 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

Zach Thomas would never cross my mind as a Hall of Famer. Good player but I really think he is undeserving. Tasker was a game changer and position changer. He deserves it but hope he does not get the Buffalo snub.

You think Bills players have been snubbed??

There is a saying that Hall of Fame players changed the game. He actually did change the game.  The penalty for a gunner going out of bounds is because of him.  It seems like a small detail, but it matters. He absolutely belongs. But I’m not optimistic. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's total crap.

I respect that you disagree.  But let's not pretend that he was a Special Teams player who made an impact like a Devin Hester did.  He wasn't.  How many games in his entire tenure can anyone say, "MAN ... if it wasn't for Steve Tasker, we'd have lost that game!!!"  

It's the Hall of Fame.  Not the Hall of "I really appreciate what you did on special teams."

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He doesn’t qualify by one year for the Senior club which is huge this year, which stinks as he definitely would have made one of those 20.  I know he is the best non kicker ST player of all time, but not sure if that will get him in this year.  I certainly want him to get in this year, but with 20 going in, I think he is a lot CJ for the senior committee this year if he at least gets to the top 15 this year.

That should be fine.  If the Senior club jam goes away, then Tasker will have a chance next year as a Senior candidate.

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Tasker gets in this year. 

I also think Tasker has a  GREAT shot to be one of the SIX ST players in the NFL-100 Team being announced this year

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I respect that you disagree.  But let's not pretend that he was a Special Teams player who made an impact like a Devin Hester did.  He wasn't.  How many games in his entire tenure can anyone say, "MAN ... if it wasn't for Steve Tasker, we'd have lost that game!!!"  

It's the Hall of Fame.  Not the Hall of "I really appreciate what you did on special teams."

And yet, punters get in...I bet they’re glad you weren’t a voter lol. Look, I respect your opinion but I think you’re wrong about Tasker—check out his highlights reel sometime—the passage of time may have dimmed your recollection of just what he brought to the table that other guys just couldn’t. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Gugny said:

And yet Steve Tasker is listed as the #1 special teams player above Devin Hester on virtually every ranking list. And players still talk about watching film on Steve Tasker.

I guarantee you Tasker will go in before Hester.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1