Josh Allen - week THIRTEEN report card

rayray808

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

You’re not good at subtle sarcasm, are you?

Sorry, but many (at least some) of us here want to see that really big game.  

Allen was great, but still only 231 yards, which is not a whole lot.......  And I've supported him since day 1.

You still miss the point that yes many want to see a full 4 quarters and really big time #'s like 3-4 TD passes & 350 yards passing.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

the game has so obviously slowed down for Josh. he, more often than not, knows what he is seeing across the ball pre-snap. and... we are only 23 games into his career.

good times ahead!

Edited by Foxx

10 hours ago, london_bills said:

He was great today.

Is Daboll helping him with that I wonder because there's been such a change 

I’m pretty confident the audibles were sent down from Daboll. I was watching the play clock when they were in the hurry-up and almost without exception, Josh would change the play at about the 15 second mark. That tells me Dabs was calling it down right up to when he could no longer tell Josh the play call. 

It’s an excellent change in strategy for the Bills and it should work against teams with traditional pre-snap sets. I fear this technique won’t work against the Pats, who routinely disguise defensive schemes with an “amoeba” formation so you can’t tell who’s coming and who’s dropping back in coverage. Josh will have to read and react post-snap on those plays has his mental maturity will be tested.

In the meantime, just beat Baltimore and put the fear of god into the rest of the AFC! 

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Sorry, but many (at least some) of us here want to see that really big game.  

Allen was great, but still only 231 yards, which is not a whole lot.......  And I've supported him since day 1.

You still miss the point that yes many want to see a full 4 quarters and really big time #'s like 3-4 TD passes & 350 yards passing.

I MISS the point? ? Shut up. Seriously, you have no idea what you’re talking about or wanting. Here’s a tip for you, 300 yrds passing likely means you LOSE! 

We need another forum. In honor of Thanksgiving, we’ll name it the Kiddies Table. You can be the ‘big kid’ who bullies the smaller ones.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

A+ - played with Poise. Didn’t get rattled, didn’t get pre snap penalties, made good reads, made tough throws under pressure, that 4th down play was balz to the walls, and used his legs just enough. 4 missed kicker points from putting up 30 points on a monster Defensive line in their stadium in the spotlight. Makes you want to play this Sunday again!!

9 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I MISS the point? ? Shut up. Seriously, you have no idea what you’re talking about or wanting. Here’s a tip for you, 300 yrds passing likely means you LOSE! 

We need another forum. In honor of Thanksgiving, we’ll name it the Kiddies Table. You can be the ‘big kid’ who bullies the smaller ones.

Yes all is wonderful.....  My bad.......  

231 & 1 TD doesn't jump out........  I gave him an A+ and am a huge supporter.  

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

A.

Two plays really stand out:

— The 4th down conversion... enough said

— The play on the 4th quarter where he had a LB coming in on him like a guided missile yet he still found Singletary towards the left sideline for a first down.

I disagree.  They don't stand out at all for me...because there were so many great plays by Allen in that game.  The throw to Beasley from the end zone....also to Beasley, this time to the sideline while rolling out....the 15 yard TD (first of that length by a quarterback on Thanksgiving since Jim Kelly).  Even the throw to Knox that was knocked away at the last second was a great throw.  And that whole long drive that ended in a field goal was a thing of beauty.  Some big 3rd down plays.  When they got to the red zone, I thought they were conservative...but smartly so...eating clock and then the field goal to go up three scores.  It was really a masterful game by Allen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

A is for Allen 

He had a whole house full of non bills fans screaming 

Including Michael Bennett ?

Though perhaps for a different reason than you intended to reference ??

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I've doubted him as much as anyone, but he's starting to make a believer out of me. He's raising his completion rate. He's cut way down on turnovers and his 2 best games as an NFL QB have come in the last 3 weeks. That's some tasty crow!

Believer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nZa019cpGw&feature=share

Preseason hype, just seems like the perfect time to revisit

• Thank you (+1) 1

Definitely a solid A+

I'll also go one step further and say AFC offensive player of the week again. It was a convincing team win that he was in command of, in Dallas' house, on primetime, on Thanksgiving. Big stage to play on and he absolutely delivered. I suppose it is possible that there can be a better performance this coming weekend of games, but I doubt there will be. 

A+

He was exceptional yesterday. Was clutch on 3rd downs with a few beautiful passes to Beasley. Never put the ball in harms way. Put points on the board, moving up and down the field against a quality defense on the road. He's been playing some really good football over the last month or so (minus the Browns game). 

I wanted Allen to finish the season with a QB Rating above 90 for me to believe. Right now he's at 88, and it's been consistently trending the right way. If he continues playing well he should finish above that mark.

3 hours ago, Foxx said:

the game has so obviously slowed down for Josh. he, more often than not, knows what he is seeing across the ball pre-snap. and... we are only 23 games into his career.

good times ahead!

It may be Daboll helping him with his view from higher up. The change has been significant 

• Like (+1) 1