Give Thanks for Bills win at Dallas Postgame Thread

Love love love the way the national media is completely overlooking this team- stay under the radar!  This team is going to be motivated beyond words- 

Love love love the way the national media is completely overlooking this team- stay under the radar!  This team is going to be motivated beyond words- 

13 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Well I know feliciano is strong cuz he can pick up Allen but he just lugs Beasley around like an overnight bag. 

Josh = Simba

13 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm wondering how big this is for Cole being an UDFA to have his team this happy for him

Could just be me, but I think that was more than just celebrating a big day.

Cole was very coy and cute in pregame interviews like "oh, we'll have to wait and see in the game" but he did say "mostly they do what they do" on defense.

I'm thinking that he doled a whole BUCKET of gouge to the Bills coaches, it got incorporated into the game plan on both sides, and that's part of what that celebration was about.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bdutton said:

Best play of the game... converting a 4th down after a muffed snap.

Look at Jason Garrett's expression.  He can not believe what just happened.

Well, neither can Romo for that matter. 

"Oh my goodness....the QB just out- aggressived the entire D-line?....you've done a lot of games.  Have you ever seen anything like that?"

"No"

Allen reminded me of a documentary on wolves where a guy raising a captive litter lifted a moose leg bone and the wolf pup chewing on it came off the ground and was carried along with it, by the jaws.   You want your D to be aggressive and try to rip the ball out, but Allen had such a grip on it that the Dallas D literally pulled him out of the pile and onto his feet (where he then pulled them with him to gain a few more yards) BY THE FOOTBALL.  Allen hanging onto that ball like he was starving and it was his best meal.

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Dak threw for 300+ yards!!! YAY!!!

oh, wait...........

?

Ryan threw for 300+ and Brees threw for maybe a buck 80.  The only stat that matters is the big W!

Edited by TPS

I watched the game in Albany with a bunch of Pats fans. Fresh off their near loss to Dallas on Sunday, they sat in their seats quietly watching their division foe dominate a team (on the road) that they barely managed. I could see on their faces they knew their team’s best years are behind them. It was the cherry on top of a great day.

Edited by Best Williams Available
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/11/29/20987796/snap-count-notes-buffalo-bills-at-dallas-cowboys-robert-foster-dawson-knox

Couple takeaways from snap counts: 

Phillips and Oliver very close in snaps. 

McKenzie and Foster close as well, shows good rotation there.

Roberts gets one offensive play, on the trickplay. Wonder if Dallas bit on the sweep cause they were keying to him being in the game. 

17 minutes ago, Fan in San Diego said:

I loved seeing all the Dallas players and some fans just hanging their heads! Wondering what just happened? Probably saying to themselves, but we were supposed to win this game?

Yes, after game reaction was good....but so was in game.  On that long drive that ended in a field goal, once the Bills crossed mid-field, the stadium went dead quiet.  It's as if they were all in shock, saying to themselves: "This can't be happening."

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Dak threw for 300+ yards!!! YAY!!!

oh, wait...........

?

355 to be exact. But who had the better game? I hope the people still harping on "bUt hE hAsN'T tHrOwN fOr 300 yDs" get their toes stepped on while shopping today.

7 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yes, after game reaction was good....but so was in game.  On that long drive that ended in a field goal, once the Bills crossed mid-field, the stadium went dead quiet.  It's as if they were all in shock, saying to themselves: "This can't be happening."

They clearly buy too much into their own hype. The Pats* fanbase may be obnoxious, but at least they WIN*. Nothing worse than an overhyped mediocre team.

Edited by jimmy10

4 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

355 to be exact. But who had the better game? I hope the people still harping on "bUt hE hAsN'T tHrOwN fOr 300 yDs" get their toes stepped on while shopping today.

They clearly buy too much into their own hype. The Pats* fanbase may be obnoxious, but at least they WIN*. Nothing worse than an overhyped mediocre team.

Agreed.  Steelers are the same way.  They've had lots of good years, but in bad or mediocre years they act like it was just a fluke that they didn't win the Superbowl.  

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Agreed.  Steelers are the same way.  They've had lots of good years, but in bad or mediocre years they act like it was just a fluke that they didn't win the Superbowl.  

You're not wrong, BUT, I've always considered the Steelers to be one of those model franchises in terms of consistent ownership, coaching, and a track record of success spanning decades. I don't like them, but I respect the hell out of them. I look at the Giants the same way. But then of course the last few years both have seemed to start circling the toilet.

On the other hand, the most dangerous place to be is in between Jerry Jones' ghoulish face and a TV camera.

2 hours ago, bdutton said:

Completely agree. It was a microcosm of the game and the Bills season.  This is the play I'm still going to remember clearly in 10 years as my memory continues to deteriorate

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If they really wanted grown men to cry during Thanksgiving dinner, they succeeded at every turn.

From the heartbreaks on the field to Kelly’s multiple cancer battles and ultimate victories off the field, this was something else.

We give Kelly credit for being able to touch on the topics that have defined his life. We give CBS Sports credit for giving him that platform.

As much as Thanksgiving is spent around friends and family, it’s also all about what we have to be thankful for. That was the overriding message of this tear-inducing video.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bdutton said:

Agreed, definitely the best play of the game...but we're lucky they didn't call a penalty on Singletary for that late shot he took on the Cowboys player after the play had ended...