McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Correct. And he's on pace to have more receiving yards than any season of his career, about 200 yards more than his best season actually. Our offense also doesn't have a #2 receiver. We have a #2 playing as a #1 and a bunch of gadget/situational guys behind him.

Brown has been a great addition to the Bills, without a doubt. I'd like to see the Bills in the offseason upgrade the talent at WR and let go of those gadget/situational guys. 

Is Duke Williams still injured or has he been a healthy scratch for the past two weeks? Be nice to see what he can do the rest of the season.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'd say Manning or Stafford. None of the other examples here are much use.

Why not?   Young's and EJ's stats aren't too different from Allen's at this point of their careers.

1 hour ago, clearwater cadet said:

I'm now at the point where I get nervous every time Josh Allen touches the ball.

Me too.  In the first quarter of the year, with every drop back, I was confident some kind of magic was going to happen.  A big pass, a big run, a big 3rd down conversion, etc.  While he did make mistakes, I simply shrugged them off as part of the learning process. Well 9 games in and a rough few weeks later, I'm starting to cringe at drop backs.  Is he going to fumble?  Over throw a target?  Be able to pick up this first down?  My confidence in him is shaken.

I think we should give up on Allen after 20 games and 8 games into a season with 9 new starters on offense, no true #1 WR, his best TE is a rookie 3rd round pick, and no particular running game yet.

Who's with me? 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Are you just arguing for the sake of it? Or do you really not see a difference between Allen and Vince Young or EJ Manuel?

The same questions were asked about Young, EJ and Boller at this exact points of their careers.  Allen is a lot closer to them than he is to Eli or Stafford.

43 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I see a lot of your points...I really do.  I'm just frustrated that our offense is still struggling....

Imagine you get rid of your entire offensive starters minus 2 guys, one of who is a project QB. 8 games into the following year, do you expect a really good offense? 

And oh yeah, his WRs lack a true #1 and are mostly smurf-y. And many drop the ball. 

7 minutes ago, GG said:

The same questions were asked about Young, EJ and Boller at this exact points of their careers.  Allen is a lot closer to them than he is to Eli or Stafford.

I'm going to go ahead and imagine Josh Allen could throw to Megatron...or have Tiki Barber in his backfield (2000 total yards in Eli's first year) and Shockey at TE for a second and wonder if Allen would be having a better season. 

He probably would, wouldn't you think? 

Edited by Sundancer

6 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Jerry Sullivan is a narcissist.  Guy has always tried to make everything about him instead of the Bills.  Always asks stupid questions for attention.

Yet, here you are (amongst many others) helping to drive another Sully thread to page after page after page.

That’s not a knock on you, personally. Just an indicator that Sullivan knows what he’s doing as far as stirring the pot and generating clickbait.

Put “Sullivan” or “Schopp” in a thread title and watch it take off. Some of you guys make it too easy for them.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

He nailed it like he nails all questions by waffling around and tossing out tired football cliches and not answering the question.

He learned that from Reid. I like it. Coach the team. That's all that matters. You know who else gives an awful press conference? Belichek. 

Rex gave great press conferences. Maybe the best ever. 

Giving fun answers to reporters is the last thing I care about. 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1