McDermott Weds Presser: Sullivan asks whether Allen is an improvement over Tyrod

YoloinOhio

53 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

After watching the Baltimore vs. New England game, I made a similar comment.

I LOVE how Baltimore is using Lamar Jackson.  They have cleverly whipped up a scheme that is tailor made to what he brings to the table, and wouldn't work very well with most other QBs.

This is exactly how coaching in all sports should be done, but it almost never is.  The coach only knows how to do it "his way" and he forces that philosophy on the team.  Should be other way around.  You devise a plan around what will work with what you have.  

Keeping in mind that the only really good thing Allen does or which can be considering dangerous is RUN WITH THE BALL I agree he should be doing it a hell of a lot more and in more clever, unconventional ways.

If he turns into a fumble machine or gets injured, so be it!  You have to go with what he brings to the table, shoot with both barrels, and hope for the best.

McDermott and Dabboll are going about it in totally the opposite way.

They are forcing him to try to be what he is not: a pre-snap, defense reading, pocket passer.

The results speak for themselves.

He ain't no Aaron Rodgers and he ain't ever gonna be.

54 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

After watching the Baltimore vs. New England game, I made a similar comment.

I LOVE how Baltimore is using Lamar Jackson.  They have cleverly whipped up a scheme that is tailor made to what he brings to the table, and wouldn't work very well with most other QBs.

This is exactly how coaching in all sports should be done, but it almost never is.  The coach only knows how to do it "his way" and he forces that philosophy on the team.  Should be other way around.  You devise a plan around what will work with what you have.  

Keeping in mind that the only really good thing Allen does or which can be considering dangerous is RUN WITH THE BALL I agree he should be doing it a hell of a lot more and in more clever, unconventional ways.

If he turns into a fumble machine or gets injured, so be it!  You have to go with what he brings to the table, shoot with both barrels, and hope for the best.

McDermott and Dabboll are going about it in totally the opposite way.

They are forcing him to try to be what he is not: a pre-snap, defense reading, pocket passer.

The results speak for themselves.

He ain't no Aaron Rodgers and he ain't ever gonna be.

Cut him loose and let's see how it goes.

When he was doing that last year, he ran for 100+ yards 3 games in a row!  Didn't he?

How many guys have done that?  

yep
When he was doing that last year, he ran for 100+ yards 3 games in a row!  Didn't he?

How many guys have done that?  

good post

• 2 weeks later...