How old is too old to get in a fight?

1 minute ago, thebug said:

You go run and tell someone to defend your wife. I will defend mine. Good luck! 

Did I say I was running? You are exposing your lack of comprehension. Good luck to you, sir.

I’m a pretty even keeled guy. It’s very rare that I can’t find common ground with someone. I’m looking for a non-violent solution. My wife is on board...she’s an educated and successful individual. Bravado is often the same as ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

Did I say I was running? You are exposing your lack of comprehension. Good luck to you, sir.

I’m a pretty even keeled guy. It’s very rare that I can’t find common ground with someone. I’m looking for a non-violent solution. My wife is on board...she’s an educated and successful individual. Bravado is often the same as ignorance. 

Sorry, I didn’t consider how lesbians operate. 

3 minutes ago, thebug said:

Sorry, I didn’t consider how lesbians operate. 

Well, thank you for that. You have now completely exposed yourself as a moron. It’s tough when you have to try to interpret someone who just might have something worth listening to. It’s now clear you offer nothing of value. Have a nice night, and a nice life. I mean that sincerely. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Well, thank you for that. You have now completely exposed yourself as a moron. It’s tough when you have to try to interpret someone who just might have something worth listening to. It’s now clear you offer nothing of value. Have a nice night, and a nice life. I mean that sincerely. 

?

7 hours ago, RochesterRob said:

I noticed that, too.  The subtitle for that movie should have been "Battle of the Geezers."

i wonder if she really looks that bad or did they make her look that way. If so she definitely has been left out of the Hollywood loop of age and beauty secrets.

7 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You’ll laugh it off if I grabbed your wife’s tit and gave it a honk?  Where do you live again?

Yes and parts unknown  ;)

basically some drunken idiot is not worth wasting my time on, he probably wouldn't even remember anyway.

The older i get the less time i have for stupid people.

knowing my wife she would have given him a swat and tell me she still has it :beer:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

i wonder if she really looks that bad or did they make her look that way. If so she definitely has been left out of the Hollywood loop of age and beauty secrets.

Yes and parts unknown  ;)

basically some drunken idiot is not worth wasting my time on, he probably wouldn't even remember anyway.

The older i get the less time i have for stupid people.

knowing my wife she would have given him a swat and tell me she still has it :beer:

There is a 2019 pic in the Wikipedia article on her.  She is 63 years old and looks like an old 63.  Definitely has not had work done on her face.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'd say 18.  And only in self defense.  Let him swing first and then you can go to town.  

In today's society, that first punch can get you into a *deep* expensive ditch of criminal and civil trouble, especially if somebody records it.  

In the big world of possibilities, say that first punch kills this guy, which has happened.  That's likely a manslaughter charge and you're headed to prison.  Let's say your punch knocks out a couple teeth.  You're likely to be sued for the $$$ cosmetic dentistry.  Regardless if his case has merit, you'll spend your own money hiring a lawyer to defend you.  If he wins, your assets become exposed to the jerk to take.  

The woman, in today's society (yet again) has a far better chance of giving this guy what he deserves by simply telling the police.  

On 10/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Was carpooling with another hockey Dad friend on the way to Montpelier today, and he was telling me how he was up at a comedy show on the mountain last weekend and some drunk idiot literally squoze his wife’s boob!! 

I guess they were on the way out to the car after the show and this dude (who was obnoxiously hammered all night I guess) just gave it a honk ?

This made me think though.  I think I would HAVE to fight that guy if it was my wife.  Right?!  Even if he was bigger than me, I’d have to at least make an effort.  *****’s crazy...

I’m 40 btw

Discuss....

Back in my late 20s & 30s I would definitely get in a fight over that, now that I am 46 I would probably laugh it off.  The problem with getting in a fight nowadays, you think your getting into a good old fashion fist fight & the guy pulls a gun & shoots you.  Like I said, I would probably laugh it off, I would hope my wife too would have a sense of humor about it but I could be wrong on that count.  

Fighting sucks.  It's exhausting and the older I get the more it hurts after.

I got that thang on me outside of work, so I'm determined to always deescalate.  But I try not to put myself in ***** situations and my face makes people not want to talk to me generally. 

If you're getting into fights after college over petty ***** then you're an ####### and probably need to get a handle on your drinking.  But if your child or significant other's safety is at stake, all bets are off and you better start fighting, idgaf how old you are.

• Like (+1) 1

If you "win", you are likely getting sued, arrested, etc.  Maybe someone holds a deep grudge against you

If you "lose", you are likely getting arrested, hospital visit, disfigurement, killed, etc

There is a small zone in the middle where you win the fight, get a trophy, your "opponent" is dazed while his friends check on him, and you walk away with the girl and a cheering crowd.  But usually, that doesnt happen.  

• Haha (+1) 1

friends in their early 20s, back in the day, on a road trip in the US got into a mixup in a bar and took it out to an alley

one said he felt a large chain wrapping around his head, and vowed to stop getting into fights if he got out of this one alive

Edited by row_33
  • Haha (+1) 1

I believe I would have to act if my wife got randomly groped by some drunken weirdo.  I think I would respond verbally at first, try to make the guy take the first swing, and then do my best to defend my wife’s honor.  I couldn’t live with myself otherwise.  Just standing there like an idiot why some jack-off does possibly the worst thing he can do to my wife?  Yeah, no.  Whether or not I get my ass handed to me is irrelevant.  Mr. Gropey is going to get everything I got.

If the police happen to be right there, I would certainly seek their assistance instead.  But that would be unlikely.

Honking on a boob that doesn’t “belong to you” is a cardinal offense, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I believe I would have to act if my wife got randomly groped by some drunken weirdo.  I think I would respond verbally at first, try to make the guy take the first swing, and then do my best to defend my wife’s honor.  I couldn’t live with myself otherwise.  Just standing there like an idiot why some jack-off does possibly the worst thing he can do to my wife?  Yeah, no.  Whether or not I get my ass handed to me is irrelevant.  Mr. Gropey is going to get everything I got.

If the police happen to be right there, I would certainly seek their assistance instead.  But that would be unlikely.

hope it doesn't happen, good luck if it does....

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

hope it doesn't happen, good luck if it does....

The scary part is just about everyone (including myself) carries a concealed firearm in Vermont.  I carry mine just about everywhere except for work.  If a drunk dude is willing to grope my wife, he likely is dumb and drunk enough to shoot us both in the face too.

???

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The scary part is just about everyone (including myself) carries a concealed firearm in Vermont.  I carry mine just about everywhere except for work.  If a drunk dude is willing to grope my wife, he likely is dumb and drunk enough to shoot us both in the face too.

???

don't worry too much about it, unless men can't help themselves around you and your SO

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

don't worry too much about it, unless men can't help themselves around you and your SO

Not worried, and I’ve never had a problem with men disrespecting my wife.  I’m not much of a “tough guy” or a fighter, but I’m a fairly large man which I think is a deterrent.

My friend’s story just got me thinking...that’s all.

• Like (+1) 1

I've seen guys in their 70's throwing punches in my local.  It happened once in the 36 years I've been drinking there.  There's no age limit on fighting, if someone pushes the right combo of buttons age doesn't come into it.

35 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Squeezing her boob is not the worst thing that could happen to your wife.  Who knows she might even enjoy it.  

Edited by Gordio

25 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Not worried, and I’ve never had a problem with men disrespecting my wife.  I’m not much of a “tough guy” or a fighter, but I’m a fairly large man which I think is a deterrent.

My friend’s story just got me thinking...that’s all.

congrats on the spark in your heart and mind still being there!!!

37 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Squeezing her boob is not the worst thing that could happen to your wife.  Who knows she might even enjoy it.  

"They're not handles."

"Yes, they are."

"No, they're not!"

"You sure?  I think we need experimental verification on this one."

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Yeah I have squeezed one or two in my day.

You’re quite the romantic!  ?

My buddy’s sister in law got a boob job that she was VERY proud of. With his wife in the next room, the SIL sticks her chest out and asks him “do you want to feel them?” Ummmm, he had the sense to know that it might not end well! That’s got to be a trap! 

But he was tempted......

Edited by Augie

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’re quite the romantic!  ?

My buddy’s sister in law got a boob job that she was VERY proud of. With his wife in the next room, the SIL sticks her chest out and asks him “do you want to feel them?” Ummmm, he had the sense to know that it might not end well! That’s got to be a trap! 

But he was tempted......

Reminds me of those old maury povich shows, where he would have the hisband in the green room and tempt him with some hot chick throwing themself at him.  Great entertainment 

Edited by May Day 10