Keenum Concussion May Force Haskins Into Action For Washington

https://www.pro32.ap.org/article/keenum-concussion-may-force-haskins-action-redskins

Haskins relieved concussed quarterback Case Keenum at halftime of Washington's 19-9 loss at the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday night. The 15th overall pick in the 2019 draft was 3 of 5 with an interception in his second NFL appearance and, with Keenum in concussion protocol, could be forced into his first pro start Nov. 3 at the Buffalo Bills.

Talk about an opportunity to get sacks for the defense.

Unfortunately for us Keenum has additional time this week to recover, but I guess we'll just have to see. I was impressed with the Redskins defense in that Vikings game, so I'd like to see an additional advantage for us by having to play Haskins.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Man oh, man. If this comes to fruition, we finally get a blow out victory this year. We missed out on playing Rosen.

Washington’s defense will keep it close.  Our offense isn’t going to blow out any team let alone one with a good defense.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Washington’s defense will keep it close.  Our offense isn’t going to blow out any team let alone one with a good defense.  

washingtons defense. 25th over all, allowing 24.4 pts/gm, 15th against the pass and 27th against the run is really something to be concerned about.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

washingtons defense. 25th over all, allowing 24.4 pts/gm, 15th against the pass and 27th against the run is really something to be concerned about.

They played a LOT better defensively since Callahan took the reigns. Kept Miami and Minnesota to under 20 points despite inept offensive displays meaning they were on the field a lot. They have moved the ball nicely on offense when Keenum has been in there too at times their problem has been finishing. In the redzone they lack genuine gamebreaking weapons who can beat their guy and make a play. 

I think the Bills will beat them whoever plays QB but if it is Keenum it will be another close for comfort game whereas if it is Haskins I think the Bills will win as comfortably as they have all year. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They played a LOT better defensively since Callahan took the reigns. Kept Miami and Minnesota to under 20 points despite inept offensive displays meaning they were on the field a lot. They have moved the ball nicely on offense when Keenum has been in there too at times their problem has been finishing. In the redzone they lack genuine gamebreaking weapons who can beat their guy and make a play. 

I think the Bills will beat them whoever plays QB but if it is Keenum it will be another close for comfort game whereas if it is Haskins I think the Bills will win as comfortably as they have all year. 

Agreed with all of this. Keenum is a fine QB without a good supporting cast and the Redskins defense is trending up. Should be an easier W than Miami either way, but I'd love to see the defense get to feast on Haskins. I want a fun, blowout victory for once!

23 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm guessing you didn't see any of that Minnesota game this week. That's Minnesota with the #4 ranked offense. Plus they were at home in prime time.

47 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so your saying they should fear washingtons defense. okay

Just saying what I said. "I was impressed with the Redskins defense in that Vikings game." They held the #4 offense in the league in check, on the road, for most of that game.

The Dolphins have the #30 defense in the league and we didn't exactly light them up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Just saying what I said. "I was impressed with the Redskins defense in that Vikings game." They held the #4 offense in the league in check, on the road, for most of that game.

The Dolphins have the #30 defense in the league and we didn't exactly light them up.

one thing I have noticed about this season so far. you never really know what to expect. with a day like today though, you know it's going to be a run heavy day and both the defensive lines as well as the offensive lines will be tested. it'll be won in the trenches and which team can win the turnover battle? 

so in the end, maybe ranks don't mean too much after all?