Josh Gordon is about to be available

HappyDays

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Any team claiming him will be investing nothing so threats of holding out won't phase anyone.

I'm not talking money. The only possible way any team wants Josh Gordon on their team is if they truly believe he is all in, is not going to have any off the field issues, etc. if he tells them beforehand I'm not all in, I don't want to play for you I don't think they do it. Another player says that they say tough toenails. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yes, I want him.

No, he wont make it to us through waivers.

But just because a team tries to sign him through waivers, does that mean he MUST sign with them? Cant he decide where he plays through contract negotiation?

No he gets claimed in waivers he is the teams.  They are essentially claiming the Patriots Contract

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

So now they wanted AB? Cause when something negative is said about the Bills and AB, it was 'they just checked in on him and weren't serious in making a deal'

There was a trade in place, it has been confirmed many places and AB would not have reported

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And yet they wanted AB in a trade so obviously the Bills feel their locker room (and I would agree) can take on a player like Gordon. And would only cost a contract. Of course likely won’t happen because we are sitting near the end of waiver priority. 

so you think AB would have worked out well?

45 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

We will not get anywhere going through NE's trash heap. 

He was last good in 2013! 

Well if we signed Gordon AND Kaepernick, we might have a shot at Super Bowl 48.

What about Aldon Smith to beef up the LBs?

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, mattynh said:

so you think AB would have worked out well?

No, but I do think Gordon would on what is remaining on his contract.  He hasnt been an issue in NE, and seems to have the addiction thing controlled at this point.  And I do think we have the type of Lockerroom that Gordon will need

Edited by MAJBobby

I mean Josh Gordon is an obvious yes if you get the chance. He’s an elite talent that instantly upgrades our group. The cost is minimal and there is no pick associated with it. He’s the type of guy that can win you a game. 

4 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I'll pass on Gordon...if he becomes available.  He has been been below average to mediocre his entire career.

...except for the year that he had 1646 yards with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden throwing him the football. Even this year he’s averaging around 50 yards a game. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

No he gets claimed in waivers he is the teams.  They are essentially claiming the Patriots Contract

There was a trade in place, it has been confirmed many places and AB would not have reported

I never wanted him for various reasons, but man...if AB didn't have a ten cent brain and would have just given it time here right now...I don't know...45 to 50 receptions so far and maybe the Bills are 6-0?

The Bills are throwing more.

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

I never wanted him for various reasons, but man...if AB didn't have a ten cent brain and would have just given it time here right now...I don't know...45 to 50 receptions so far and maybe the Bills are 6-0?

Or we'd be 3-3 because Josh Allen would keep forcing the ball to a whineass diva, resulting in more INTs.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yep and why I would want them to make a Run at Gordon on a Prorated 2M dollar Contract.  (long shot at landing him in Waivers though)

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Or we'd be 3-3 because Josh Allen would keep forcing the ball to a whineass diva, resulting in more INTs.

I never said I reviewed every angle, Gugny.

?

EDIT:  AB would be getting open.

Man...we are absolutely, never ever going to know, are we?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean Josh Gordon is an obvious yes if you get the chance. He’s an elite talent that instantly upgrades our group. The cost is minimal and there is no pick associated with it. He’s the type of guy that can win you a game. 

...except for the year that he had 1646 yards with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden throwing him the football. Even this year he’s averaging around 50 yards a game. 

Okay...maybe I missed a good year he had, but every time I've seen him the last couple of years, he seems to flunk the eye test.

1 hour ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not talking money. The only possible way any team wants Josh Gordon on their team is if they truly believe he is all in, is not going to have any off the field issues, etc. if he tells them beforehand I'm not all in, I don't want to play for you I don't think they do it. Another player says that they say tough toenails. 

I can't imagine the Bills being in on him. The chance that he ends up being a headache/problem is 50 percent at least. 

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Okay...maybe I missed a good year he had, but every time I've seen him the last couple of years, he seems to flunk the eye test.

2018 12 games 41 catches 737 yards 4 TDs

2017 5 games 18 catches 35 yards 1 TD

2014 5 games 24 catches 303 yards

2013 14 games 87 catches 1646 yards 9 TDs

Rookie Year 50 catches 805 yards 5 TDs

Yeah even last year better than ANY WR we have fielded in recent years.

Not to mention 28 years old 6-3 255 and would be on a 1.5M contract for this year

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I can't imagine the Bills being in on him. The chance that he ends up being a headache/problem is 50 percent at least. 

And he a a headache and thy cut him.  See how easy that is.  

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He's not anything like the public perception of him. I think he would win over Beane and McDermott, as far as not being a distraction. I just think at this time in his career he likely does not want to go to a team like Miami, and it wouldnt be a good spot for him.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And he a a headache and thy cut him.  See how easy that is.  

You need to consider the opportunity cost though. I'd rather that they focus on trading a pick or picks for a more sure thing than Gordon.  He's not gonna want to come to Buffalo anyway, I suspect. If Buffalo -- a team that's allergic to head cases -- is interested, that basically means that others will be too.