The Browns have self-destructed (Les Propheties by Fergydamus)

....so what row are YOUR seats in?......

The Browns Finally Are Super Bowl Contenders After Landing Odell Beckham Jr.

Mike Tanier

March 12, 2019

Welcome to contention, Cleveland Browns!

The decades-long wait is over. No more flailing helplessly or wandering in the wilderness. No more Moneyball thumb-twiddling. No more tantric tanking or doomsday hoarding. No more 0-16 parades or late-night talk show wisecracks.

The Browns agreed to acquire star Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. on Tuesday in exchange for the 17th overall pick in this year's draft, a 2019 third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers, per multiple reports. The trade will not become official until the start of the new league year Wednesday afternoon.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2825356-the-browns-finally-are-super-bowl-contenders-after-landing-odell-beckham-jr

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Very damning article about how many of the browns were shouting to the cardinals sideline to "come get them". safety Damarious Randall when asked if Kitchens had lost the team gave a no comment (that is no bueno). I feel bad for the browns fans .. somewhat kindred spirits, but the organization built a team of "me first guys" and I am thrilled that they have colossally under-performed and it looks to be blown up.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/multiple_browns_players_reportedly_want_to_be_traded/s1_12680_30820049

I don’t. They bought into their hype and turned into a fan base that acted like they already won something 

I for one, am surprised that this didn't work out.   The notoriously shrewd owner of he Browns, Jimmy Haslem appears to have made an error in allowing his rookie QB to have significant input in selecting the next Head Coach.  It turns out that starring in Progressive Insurance commercials does not qualify someone to pick the coach.

Kitchens met both priorities on Mayfield's list of wants: 1. Don't be Hue Jackson and 2. let Baker do whatever he wants.  Kitchens also met Dorsey and Haslem's requirements of: 1. be cheap, 2. play nice with Baker, and 3. ideally, already know your way around the facility.  

With a real live head coach on the roster, the Browns went on a shopping spree and brought in loads of talent.  In hindsight, it looks like bringing in all these high-maintenance, highly talented players isn't enough without leadership and vision.  While the Browns undoubtedly won the offseason super bowl it all blew up once the real games started and I am shocked!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I for one, am surprised that this didn't work out.   The notoriously shrewd owner of he Browns, Jimmy Haslem appears to have made an error in allowing his rookie QB to have significant input in selecting the next Head Coach.  It turns out that starring in Progressive Insurance commercials does not qualify someone to pick the coach.

Kitchens met both priorities on Mayfield's list of wants: 1. Don't be Hue Jackson and 2. let Baker do whatever he wants.  Kitchens also met Dorsey and Haslem's requirements of: 1. be cheap, 2. play nice with Baker, and 3. ideally, already know your way around the facility.  

With a real live head coach on the roster, the Browns went on a shopping spree and brought in loads of talent.  In hindsight, it looks like bringing in all these high-maintenance, highly talented players isn't enough without leadership and vision.  While the Browns undoubtedly won the offseason super bowl it all blew up once the real games started and I am shocked!

I still like the roster. But Baker has regressed badly and Kitchens was never qualified. 
Definitely something to watch to see how much of a restructure they’re in for. AGAIN. 
Hard to believe the offense is that bad with Chubb, Hunt, Landry and Beckham. Not to mention some of the other weapons they have that are more under the radar guys. I thought the blowup would be not enough balls to go around and selfish play. I never expected that Baker would meltdown the whole season and hold the entire offense back. He’s been really really bad. 

They just ain't talented. Of course talent wins games.

Bad coaching < character

You need superb coaching to correct strong locker room personalities. Browns have crap coaching for the NFL's toughest coaching gig.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

....their savior???..........

Report: Urban Meyer potential target for Cleveland Browns head coaching job

Phil Harrison
46 mins ago

Well, here we go again. Former Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer’s name has surfaced again for a head coaching job that isn’t even open. Meyer made news earlier this year when he conveyed interest in the Dallas Cowboys job should it come open, and lately, his name came up for the Washington Redskins job.

Now, with all the struggles in Cleveland, there are reports circulating that the Browns could target the three-time national champion coach as their next head man.

Despite having acquired talent during the offseason to go along with the promising Baker Mayfield at quarterback, the Browns have significantly underachieved this year once again. Many point to new head coach Freddie Kitchens as the problem, but he’s still gainfully employed right now with the organization, and there would have to be a move there before any coaching search would be undertaken.

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....their savior???..........

Report: Urban Meyer potential target for Cleveland Browns head coaching job

Phil Harrison
46 mins ago

Well, here we go again. Former Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer’s name has surfaced again for a head coaching job that isn’t even open. Meyer made news earlier this year when he conveyed interest in the Dallas Cowboys job should it come open, and lately, his name came up for the Washington Redskins job.

Now, with all the struggles in Cleveland, there are reports circulating that the Browns could target the three-time national champion coach as their next head man.

Despite having acquired talent during the offseason to go along with the promising Baker Mayfield at quarterback, the Browns have significantly underachieved this year once again. Many point to new head coach Freddie Kitchens as the problem, but he’s still gainfully employed right now with the organization, and there would have to be a move there before any coaching search would be undertaken.

Urban got headaches at the college level, try managing those personalities while they all make twice what you do. Not to mention how are Dorsey and he going to get along?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Urban got headaches at the college level, try managing those personalities while they all make twice what you do. Not to mention how are Dorsey and he going to get along?

That's what I was thinking!!! I thought he quit because he had health issues...

Just now, delirious said:

That's what I was thinking!!! I thought he quit because he had health issues...

He has a cyst on his brain. Stress aggravates the cyst and causes him severe migraine type headaches. I honestly can’t think of a more stressful environment to walk into than The Browns. 

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I thought the Browns said Kitchens is back for next season?

I think it read ‘Freddie will be back in the Kitchen for the Holiday Season’.

Interesting opinion piece from the Browns fan board on the issues with Baker .... he has definite leadership issues .... https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/12/23/cleveland-browns-baker-mayfield-lacking-leadership/...admitted didn’t put in the right level of effort this year ... when asked about Kitchens said whatever happens .. happens are the most recent examples. It is too early to dismiss his rookie year but he has to grow up.

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Interesting opinion piece from the Browns fan board on the issues with Baker .... he has definite leadership issues .... https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/12/23/cleveland-browns-baker-mayfield-lacking-leadership/...admitted didn’t put in the right level of effort this year ... when asked about Kitchens said whatever happens .. happens are the most recent examples. It is too early to dismiss his rookie year but he has to grow up.

I'm shocked....SHOCKED I tell you...that effort was an issue with Faker Mayfield.

• Like (+1) 1