The Browns have self-destructed (Les Propheties by Fergydamus)

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

oh yes

the "educated fan"

LOL

someday we will have our Utopia, reading Plato's Symposium and then watching the game

Seriously LOL

One day, this world of hot takes will pass away. And, a new, better world will be birthed. So sayeth the Lord!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

One day, this world of hot takes will pass away. And, a new, better world will be birthed. So sayeth the Lord!

You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

image.png.bdf6e9073da56ae7bcfd342d73c752cd.png

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No doubt. I understand that. I wish the educated nfl fan consumer would see through the BS so it would push that kind of crap out of the media market. When the consumer sees it as the trash that it is, the demand for the trash drops, and the demand for legit NFL analysis and discussion increases. It’s too much to ask, but I’ll still live in my dream world!

Wouldn’t it be nice if the world worked that way?

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Wouldn’t it be nice if the world worked that way?

i recall at least a dozen sports boards hiving off to have "intelligent discussions"

all turned into a fascist banning machine with the eff word comprising 33% of GDT posts and such....  :(

it's just a game, grab a beer, take the recliner, relax...

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Chaos said:

To be fair, I am not aware of anyone anywhere pining for Kitchens as HC.  (Other than Baker Mayfield)

I don’t recall anybody saying anything about not wanting Kitchens.  

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don’t recall anybody saying anything about not wanting Kitchens.  

Kitchens was Dorsey’s pick. Depodesta wanted Stefanski (Vikings OC).  Haslam went with Kitchens in large part because Mayfield liked him and gave him the thumbs up.

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

The sports media is about clicks, eyes and ears.  They’ll always run with hype on any team making splash moves - especially in the off season when they need all the material they can get. 

22 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

No doubt. I understand that. I wish the educated nfl fan consumer would see through the BS so it would push that kind of crap out of the media market. When the consumer sees it as the trash that it is, the demand for the trash drops, and the demand for legit NFL analysis and discussion increases. It’s too much to ask, but I’ll still live in my dream world!

Journalism is dead... and not just the Sports section either. It’s all about the clicks. 

22 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The American consumers appetite for sensationalism over considered thought in all types of news / information is unquenchable. There is just not as many thinkers out there as we would hope. 

• Like (+1) 1