Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Week 7: Dolphins at Bills (-17)

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, The Dean said:

 

 

It's obvious some people will NEVER understand that.  But it isn't about getting the same number of people to bet, but balancing the money bet on both sides.

 

Makes sense, lesson learned. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Dang, with how Buffalo likes to play every game close, that is quite a spread. I mean, Miami almost tied, today. Not sure they are serious about that #1 overall.

 

I mean, Miami almost beat the also winless Redskins. I don't think we will play them close. Even if Allen struggles, which would be a shock, how are they going to move the ball on our defense? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

 

What does the coach have to gain from tanking? What does he have to lose from tanking?

 

Believe what you want, personally I don't think that players and coaches tank.

 

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

 

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

 

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

 

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

 

If you think the players and coaches are tanking I think you are the one who is delusional. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

BTW Miami will be set up VERY nice to turn things around big time IF (a very BIG IF) they can hit on most these draft picks. Its actually well worth the tanking if it equals years and years of being a perennial contender. I almost fell to the point where I hoped the Bills would tank after so many years of middling and missing out on top picks. Im glad we finally have a competent GM who seems to know how to build a contender without doing that. Time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm I see a bunch of Ws. So much salt.

 

 

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

.

BTW Miami will be set up VERY nice to turn things around big time IF (a very BIG IF) they can hit on most these draft picks. Its actually well worth the tanking if it equals years and years of being a perennial contender. I almost fell to the point where I hoped the Bills would tank after so many years of middling and missing out on top picks. Im glad we finally have a competent GM who seems to know how to build a contender without doing that. Time will tell.

 

If the players and coaches are tanking, the Fins will have to completely replace the entire team and all the coaches. There is no building a team with guys who willingly lose. Tanking may help a team get a few better players (if they guess right on all the picks--which doesn't happen), but the culture is shot to hell. And TEAMS win, not a collection of individual players.

 

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

 

Who the fuc# is Scott Kacsmar? 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Locomark said:

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

 

 

McDermott needs to ---Win. That's all he needs to do. Just win. However it comes, just win. Doesn't matter how much you win by, unless it comes down to some serious tiebreakers. 

 

Period.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Dean said:

 

If the players and coaches are tanking, the Fins will have to completely replace the entire team and all the coaches. There is no building a team with guys who willingly lose. Tanking may help a team get a few better players (if they guess right on all the picks--which doesn't happen), but the culture is shot to hell. And TEAMS win, not a collection of individual players.

 

 

Who the fuc# is Scott Kacsmar? 

NFL writer, 22k followers. He’s annoying as hell too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

 

 

McDermott needs to ---Win. That's all he needs to do. Just win. However it comes, just win. Doesn't matter how much you win by, unless it comes down to some serious tiebreakers. 

 

Period.

Wrong. Winning 14-13 isn’t good enough. He needs to set a tone that we will trounce teams we should trounce at home The best teams go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we want to be that team we can’t be 4 yards and a cloud of dust and win every game by 7 points. 

Edited by Locomark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The bills are on their way to a 2nd playoff appearance in 3 years and it’s rubbing so many people the wrong way. People that live to crack jokes on the low hanging fruit like the bills of the last 20 years.... they are all sorts of confused and butt hurt over it. 

My favorite response to that tweet is this:

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

McDermott needs to start showing us he has a killer instinct. Miami is the worst team against the rush so he will probably run 70% of the time and make it a 24-13 game. Be merciless and go for the jugular and go open set and put up 21 in the first half and put your foot on their neck like real playoff teams at home would do!!! This game could be 38-13 if we stop playing not to lose. 

It’s a balancing act. You’re winning on the fly with a young QB that’s still learning and making mistakes sometimes. McD has a top defense and he’s facing a low powered offense. He’s not going to be tempted to give that team any short fields or cheap points. Point differential can come into play at the end, but it’s way down the line. Win the game, and don’t give them anything easy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

NFL writer, 22k followers. He’s annoying as hell too.

 

I wonder why he didn't mention the Pats* offense was outscored by the Bills O, and they needed a blocked punt to win the game. That's not relevant, I guess.

 

2 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Wrong. Winning 14-13 isn’t good enough. He needs to set a tone that we will trounce teams we should trounce at home The best teams go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we want to be that team we can’t be 4 yards and a cloud of dust and win every game by 7 points. 

 

 

All wins count the same. Thinking about score differential is a losers mindset. All about the W.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Wrong. Winning 14-13 isn’t good enough. He needs to set a tone that we will trounce teams we should trounce at home The best teams go for the throat and keep the pressure on. If we want to be that team we can’t be 4 yards and a cloud of dust and win every game by 7 points. 

I didn’t realize the nfl playoffs were now being determined by the CFP committee. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s a balancing act. You’re winning on the fly with a young QB that’s still learning and making mistakes sometimes. McD has a top defense and he’s facing a low powered offense. He’s not going to be tempted to give that team any short fields or cheap points. Point differential can come into play at the end, but it’s way down the line. Win the game, and don’t give them anything easy. 

So keep them in the game by being conservative??? Seems like a bad strategy to me. The kid isn’t the problem, the attitude that we have to play run first football is. You can control the game with short and play action passing also. The kid can do that. I trust he will turn it over less than Rosen 100% .

Edited by Locomark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hmmm I see a bunch of Ws. So much salt.

 

 

 

he left out the part where we almost beat NE and held Brady to his 5th worst QB rating ever.  

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RyanC883 said:

 

he left out the part where we almost beat NE and held Brady to his 5th worst QB rating ever.  

Of course he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t realize the nfl playoffs were now being determined by the CFP committee. 

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Locomark said:

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

Just play the games and see who wins. They will win or they won’t. Doesn’t matter by how much. 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Locomark said:

So keep them in the game by being conservative??? Seems like a bad strategy to me. The kid isn’t the problem, the attitude that we have to play run first football is. You can control the game with short and play action passing also. The kid can do that. I trust he will turn it over less than Rosen 100% .

The Bills haven’t been playing run first football this year. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

The lack of scoring hasn’t come from conservative playcalling. It’s been turnovers and poor execution. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

 

he left out the part where we almost beat NE and held Brady to his 5th worst QB rating ever.  

Or that we beat the same Jets team that beat Dallas unlike everyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Locomark said:

It’s about establishing a culture of expectation on offense not just defense. Winning by scoring 17-20 points won’t get us anywhere in meaningful games. 

 

You win with whatever strategy get you a win. They all count the same. Winning close games may  actually make the team TOUGHER. But the score differential in any given game is only important in the sense one team won, and the other lost. Except for gamblers. But I don't give a crap about that.

 

Some weeks you have to sit on the ball and make it a low scoring win. Other times you have to win with  the offense. The best teams can play, and win, any style of game. 4-1 so far. So I- think I'll trust McDermott for now.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, StHustle said:

 

What does he have to gain??????? The #1 overall pick! He was told when hired that they wouldn't hold this year against him *wink wink

 

You are delusional if you think tanking in sports isnt a real thing. This isnt some conspiracy theory.

 

Organizations gain from #1 picks, coaches only gain if they are still around.

 

Being told that this year would not be held against a coach and being told to lose games intentionally are two different things. 

45 minutes ago, The Dean said:

 

If you think the players and coaches are tanking I think you are the one who is delusional. 

 

What he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Locomark said:

So keep them in the game by being conservative??? Seems like a bad strategy to me. The kid isn’t the problem, the attitude that we have to play run first football is. You can control the game with short and play action passing also. The kid can do that. I trust he will turn it over less than Rosen 100% .

Where did you get the idea the Bills play run-first football? They most definitely do not, not this season. 

 

Saying such a clueless thing undermines anything you have to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...