Titans Release Kicker Cairo Santos, OL David Quessenberry

HOUSE

Just now, HOUSE said:

NASHVILLE – The Titans have released veteran kicker Cairo Santos, one day after a bad outing in the team’s 14-7 loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Also, the team on Monday waived offensive lineman David Quessenberry.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-release-kicker-cairo-santos-ol-david-quessenberry

they should release their coach as well that kept trotting out a struggling kicker 

• Like (+1) 10

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

they should release their coach as well that kept trotting out a struggling kicker 

I can see both side of that discussion. 

The other side is Santos had been solid to that point, and it's not like the titans offense was carving up the Bills D every possession. I can see where he might let Santos have another go. Less faith in the result, and more the other choice was even less appealing.

Edited by CodeMonkey

During the game, the announcers mentioned that the last guy who missed 4 FGs in one game was GB's Mason Crosby - and that was in a dome. He also missed a PAT that day.

I'm not saying Santos is as good as Crosby, but I wouldn't cut a guy for one bad day ... unless I needed a scapegoat, of course.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

The other side is Santos had been solid to that point, and it's not like the titans offense was carving up the Bills D every possession. I can see where he might let Santos have another go. Less faith in the result, and more the other choice was even less appealing.

I hear you but I also think weather conditions were not good for kicking either and why I think normally McD went for it on 4th and 2. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Santos can join Eli Manning on the 2019 Killed By The Bills squad.

don’t forget Jets Kicker

10 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

There's also the point that he was a placeholder until Succup could return.

47 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

NASHVILLE – The Titans have released veteran kicker Cairo Santos, one day after a bad outing in the team’s 14-7 loss to the Buffalo Bills.

Also, the team on Monday waived offensive lineman David Quessenberry.

https://www.titansonline.com/news/titans-release-kicker-cairo-santos-ol-david-quessenberry

...it was?.......LOL....GREAT pro OBD outing.....people in the cheap seats weren't safe but feel bad for the guy anyway..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...it was?.......LOL....GREAT pro OBD outing.....people in the cheap seats weren't safe but feel bad for the guy anyway..........

Never like to see a guy lose his job. The life of a kicker can be a lonely place.

• Like (+1) 1