QB A vs QB B

Quarterback A: 248-451, 2,977 yards, 6.6 yards per attempt, 13 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 13 fumbles, 8-7 record.

Quarterback B: 256-437, 2,810 yards, 6.4 yards per attempt 16 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 7 fumbles, 6-8 record

guess who 

16 minutes ago, ******* said:

Quarterback A: 248-451, 2,977 yards, 6.6 yards per attempt, 13 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 13 fumbles, 8-7 record.

Quarterback B: 256-437, 2,810 yards, 6.4 yards per attempt 16 touchdowns, 12 interceptions, 7 fumbles, 6-8 record

guess who 

ripping tim graham’s tweet to start a thread and not giving credit? Boo.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea that's Josh Allen and EJ Manuel.

Josh does have 11 rushing TDs but as passers...

I think it was stupid how early we gave up on EJ.  You draft a guy in the 1st, you need to ride with him.  I think Allen is a lot closer to EJ than Tom Brady at this point.

that said, a big part of EJ’s problem was he played like a robot.  Allen, who I have been critical of, lays it all on the line and goes down firing. I respect that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think it was stupid how early we gave up on EJ.  You draft a guy in the 1st, you need to ride with him.  I think Allen is a lot closer to EJ than Tom Brady at this point.

that said, a big part of EJ’s problem was he played like a robot.  Allen, who I have been critical of, lays it all on the line and goes down firing. I respect that. 

I think you see the difference in the W/L column because Allen does lay it all out there. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I think you see the difference in the W/L column because Allen does lay it all out there. 

My only counter to that would be is Allen benefits from one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Allen would have much worse W/L if Arizona drafted him.  Allen gets more chances to “win” games because the D is awesome (?).  

Thats what makes what Mahomes is doing even more amazing.  His defense is terrible and he just lights up the scoreboard to overcome them.  I don’t want our defense to give up points but I’d love to see a game where Allen wins a shootout against a good qb.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

My only counter to that would be is Allen benefits from one of the best defenses in the nfl.  Allen would have much worse W/L if Arizona drafted him.  Allen gets more chances to “win” games because the D is awesome (?).  

Thats what makes what Mahomes is doing even more amazing.  His defense is terrible and he just lights up the scoreboard to overcome them.  I don’t want our defense to give up points but I’d love to see a game where Allen wins a shootout against a good qb.

its a fair point but it applies to both qb's. ej's 2nd season, in which he got benched, was the last season we had a very good defense. that was easily a top 3-5 unit...I would argue elite.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

The biggest difference is EJ looked to have reached his full potential. Allen is still progressing. That TD drive yesterday is what we need from Josh . He took what the D gave him versus the first half where he was too much of a gunslinger and just played too undisciplined.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That's fair but the Bills 2014 defense, when he was benched, was very good.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

That's fair but the Bills 2014 defense, when he was benched, was very good.

Agreed but EJ was benched with 5 tds, 3 ints and an 80 QB rating (Allen has a 69 right now).  I actually had flashbacks of what would happen if Barkley looked good and won the game. 

But you obviously are riding with Allen this year and he plays the right way. I just hope he gets smarter with the ball without losing all of his aggressiveness.

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

its a fair point but it applies to both qb's. ej's 2nd season, in which he got benched, was the last season we had a very good defense. that was easily a top 3-5 unit...I would argue elite.

I agree.  I think if you draft a qb in the 1st, you need to give them at least 2 years as a starter. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Agreed but EJ was benched with 5 tds, 3 ints and an 80 QB rating (Allen has a 69 right now).  I actually had flashbacks of what would happen if Barkley looked good and won the game. 

But you obviously are riding with Allen this year and he plays the right way. I just hope he gets smarter with the ball without losing all of his aggressiveness.

Yea true, just think it's different coaching styles to be honest. Marrone was never really in love with the pick and so didn't really back playing him. 

I do think Allen has a much higher ceiling than Manuel but if he ever get's there is anyone's guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Yea true, just think it's different coaching styles to be honest. Marrone was never really in love with the pick and so didn't really back playing him. 

I do think Allen has a much higher ceiling than Manuel but if he ever get's there is anyone's guess. 

Allen plays the way I wanted EJ to play.  Allen has a great attitude but I do think some fans are too willing to overlook the very serious concerns that “haters” had about him.  

At this point, running is too much a part of his game.  Teams might not be able to do it as well as NE but the game plan on Allen is out.  Hopefully, he adjusts because I did see some nice things in the first couple of games.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm a big time FSU fan. The problem with EJ was he waited for the receiver to get open, then throw it to him. He could get away with that in college. Not in the NFL. DB's are too good. Josh has the tools and has shown the ability to throw a receiver open, to a degree. IMO, EJ reached his potential as a college QB. Josh still has a ton of potential for improvement. 

• Like (+1) 2