Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He doesn't know how Josh will react.

I lost my football career to over 10 concussions and some I bounced right back from and some lingered

I never looked as spry as Allen did after he left the medical tent

I'd be shocked if missed the game

Yeah but you were not in concussion protocol. There’s specific requirments to pass that. For all we know Allen could claim to be feeling great but still won’t be good enough to clear protocol. Nobody really even knows wtf it consists of

Just now, BobBelcher said:

Yeah but you were not in concussion protocol. There’s specific requirments to pass that. For all we know Allen could claim to be feeling great but still won’t be good enough to clear protocol. Nobody really even knows wtf it consists of

I actually have been in a concussion protocol , just not NFL

3 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Shady underwent 7 of them in town and didn’t miss a game....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

As a fan it sucks because you want to know right away who is playing QB against Tennessee. But the bills will try to gain an advantage by dragging it out all week and not announcing it until the last minute 

It will be Barkley. Plan on it. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He doesn't know how Josh will react.

I lost my football career to over 10 concussions and some I bounced right back from and some lingered

I never looked as spry as Allen did after he left the medical tent

I'd be shocked if missed the game

He was out for 20 seconds. He’s missing the next game if we care about his long term health. Out of all my concussions I have only been out that long once and I had symptoms for a year.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

He was out for 20 seconds. He’s missing the next game if we care about his long term health. Out of all my concussions I have only been out that long once and I had symptoms for a year.

it doesn’t have to be an official concussion, but he suffered a head trauma and as noted was out cold 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I actually have been in a concussion protocol , just not NFL

A person can get out of the protocol even if they are experiencing symptoms if they really want to. They just shouldn’t and they should take their health seriously. I don’t want Allen playing next week. Let him come back after the bye. It will be a low scoring game against Ten either way. 

3 minutes ago, billspro said:

You don't know he was out for 20 seconds. He was actually rolling around (his knee) and tried getting up and it looks like his teammates keep him down

If he isn't healthy I don't want him playing either, but if he is

Edited by Buffalo716

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Was he really out cold? I hadn’t read that anywhere. 

Looked that way on the broadcast. Also it seemed that way by the way he was breathing. I don’t have a definitive time frame though. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You don't know he was out for 20 seconds. He was actually rolling around (his knee) and tried getting up and it looks like his teammates keep him down

I hope you’re correct. 

To pile on here, he was definitely knocked out.  I won’t be as definitive as @Boatdrinks but I’d say there is a high probability that he doesn’t play next week.

Conspiracy theory:  the concussion may offer Coach a medical reason to sit him to not only physically recover but to correct some of decision making issues by watching Barkley.  Kind of insulating Allen from losing face...  just a random thought.

2 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

To pile on here, he was definitely knocked out.  I won’t be as definitive as @Boatdrinks but I’d say there is a high probability that he doesn’t play next week.

Conspiracy theory:  the concussion may offer Coach a medical reason to sit him to not only physically recover but to correct some of decision making issues by watching Barkley.  Kind of insulating Allen from losing face...  just a random thought.

Allen is 10x the QB Barkley is so it would be insulting to sit Allen for Barkley if he's healthy

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Estro said:

I knew this game was going to be a tough one to win.......the thing I wanted most was to get out of it relatively healthy.  Now, we are faced with the prospect of going to Tennessee without Allen, sucks.

The Tennessee OL is nothing special.  Our defense has to apply the pressure.

3 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

There is no definitely. You don't know , nobody does

It's a fact he was moving his knee around..knocked out cold people don't do that. They twitch at best

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

It's a fact he was moving his knee around..knocked out cold people don't do that. They twitch at best

I am with you. I also think the medical response would have been much different if he was “knocked out cold for 20 seconds.” I’m not sure they let him get up without a stretcher under those circumstances .

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

thanks doctor, now it’s settled 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I concede your point.  Different views of the same car wreck.  He looked out to me.