Tickets on your phone? Beware

40 minutes ago, bbb said:

It has very little to do with security and mostly has to do with the NFL, entertainers, etc. wanting to price fix. 

Exactly!! 

It's soooo easy and hassle free.  5 minute lines, my ass.  Last time I had a 5 minute line was before 9/11 with me getting there slightly late. 

I don’t dispute that yesterday’s fiasco was the result of the new means of entry.  In general, though, I wouldn’t complain about a long wait at security because sometimes that is a fact of life post-9/11 and convenience is secondary to safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Went to the game today with tickets purchased on NFL ticket exchange. Our phones couldn’t connect to the internet near the gates to pull up the tickets. The employees at the gates were zero help...and several people had the same issue as screenshots of tickets are no longer allowed. We literally just snuck in and found our seats. How they don’t have some other system in place for when the internet is slow is maddening. 

So how did you literally just sneak in?  Congrats or did they gate keepers kind of look the other way.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t dispute that yesterday’s fiasco was the result of the new means of entry.  In general, though, I wouldn’t complain about a long wait at security because sometimes that is a fact of life post-9/11 and convenience is secondary to safety. 

I guess you ignored this part of what you quoted from me: It has very little to do with security and mostly has to do with the NFL, entertainers, etc. wanting to price fix.   

I know why they are doing it, but the constantly changing bar code/QR code is going to continue to cause massive headaches...unless the Bills convince the big players in the carrier game to put new towers close to the stadium.

That being said, you want to avoid the problem...get to the stadium gates early.

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I take it you didn’t stand in line for 40 minutes to enter the stadium yesterday.

I’ll add one thing.  I had an e-ticket for the Blue & Red scrimmage, and the ticket-takers had trouble with the scanners for that event.  The explanation I was given was that it had something to do with the ability of the scanner to read the bar code on my iPhone (until a week or two ago, the newest and most advanced model).  I ended up just walking into the scrimmage after the ticket-taker’s device failed.  So perhaps that was part of the issue yesterday, too.  

Either way, the struggle to enter the stadium was absurd and completely avoidable.  I’m not a complainer - I get that security is important and that sometimes unpublished threats demand caution, patience, and delay.  But I’m thinking about talking to my ticket rep about yesterday.  I’ve been to hundreds of games and that was the worst I’ve ever experienced trying to enter that stadium.   

we left Hammers at 12:12..yes i looked! In the game going in Gate 2 at 12.27..yes I looked.

5 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

Nope. Got there at 12:20, spent maybe 5 mins in line, RFID on my iPhone wallet worked great. No futzing with any apps or internet connectivity or lost hard copy tickets. Big fan. 

I agree!

5 hours ago, MR8 said:

With the new android update, the One Buffalo app doesn't work... so beware anyone who has not done the update for Android OS 10... DO NOT UPDATE IT.  I had to go to the ticket office and have them text me my ticket because with the new OS update the app just crashes as soon as you open it.  The ticket office knows but the app hasn't been updated yet to fix it... 

if only people would read avery thread i make!!!!!( I kid)..but ot does contain thi quote

Tickets can be added into Apple Wallet – do not need cell service for access

Unfortunately not Google Pay

On 9/22/2019 at 6:34 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Gotcha. Apple wallet is apparently another way to save them. I’m an android guy so....idk. 

Save the ticket to Google pay and you don't need internet. I know some said it doesn't work with Google pay but if you have the Ticket Master app it will transfer by itself. It worked for me during the preseason. 

Edited by Elite Poster

6 hours ago, bbb said:

5 minute lines, my ass.  Last time I had a 5 minute line was before 9/11 with me getting there slightly late. 

Don’t know what to tell you, brah. Gate 2 like we always do, as long as we’re there before 12:30, it’s never been more than 10 minutes. We’ve had the system down ever since they amped up the security a few years ago. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/22/2019 at 6:28 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah....I hate this mobile ticket only bull####. If you want to go mobile that's fine, but you should also have the option of using a paper ticket. 

angry old man.jpg

23 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I usually download them to my phones hard drive and access there if needed.

Do you also use a tiny floppy disk?

Edited by eball
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Limeaid said:

it is not stealing out of their pockets. It is stealing them out of consumers pockets since they were selling at same price before.  NFL just wants a backdoor way of getting more money.

This is 100% not what is going on.  But please continue, it's entertaining reading.

7 hours ago, bbb said:

I'm pretty sure the extra tickets he bought for yesterday from the STH presale were regular cardboard tickets.

That sounds bulky.

3 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

297.png

That's hilarious, JamesX -- I just posted this same pic minutes ago without scrolling the entire thread.

Edited by eball

1 hour ago, BillsInMaine said:

Has anyone tried selling tickets? I have sold some and haven't received any of the money. When I go into "Pending & Sold tickets it shows nothing. The whole system seems to be a mess.

I have. Now it takes 7-10 days to get your money instead of just a couple of days. 

On 9/22/2019 at 6:51 PM, zonabb said:

Never ever use the phone, always my issued cards. They're foolproof. 

OK, old fart starting at the beginning, so......who has the knowledge, patience and energy to explain all this?  I’ve used the mobile tickets. They work flawlessly at the airport, but NOT at stadiums. I got in yesterday with paper tickets, which I thought was no longer an option.  Zero problem. What are these cards about?  

We are heading to Nashville in a couple weeks. Saturday night before Bills/Titans we have tix for the Pred’s NHL game. I’ve had hassles with the mobile tix roughly half the times since I’ve used them. It’s NOT just me, even the IT guys on site had problems. Bills/Falcons in ATL it took 4-5 IT guys to get all the settings right (which allows them to track your location at all times, thank you, Big Brother). 

If these cards are the new thing, and they work, I want to know more about them! 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

What are these cards about?  

Season ticket holders get a card, about the size of a credit card, with their seat section/row/seat number printed on it, and a barcode on the back. Gate people scan the barcode for entry. The card is used for each game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Don’t know what to tell you, brah. Gate 2 like we always do, as long as we’re there before 12:30, it’s never been more than 10 minutes. We’ve had the system down ever since they amped up the security a few years ago. 

yep, we are gate 2 as well. @Augie was with me..5 minute walk to gate, 10 minutes from time in line to grabbing a towel. i mean even @CountryCletus got in with no issues, and as they say..if that country boy can figure this poop out, anybody can!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1