Tickets on your phone? Beware

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Hahaha.....Does your phone have a wallet. There's something you don't hear every day. You know what makes it easy. If you can hand the attendant a ticket. I'm all for technology,  but sometimes the simple things get more convoluted than they need to be. 

Your preaching to the choir. I’d prefer to ha e a ticket. I’ve had season tickets since 2006 and until they started giving me the cards, I used to save every single game ticket I ever had. I really like having an actual ticket. And I hate technology just for the sake of technology. It doesn’t need to be over used. But the fact is, next year they are going to a mobile only ticket. Either adapt or don’t go. 

I even asked the rep with an older guy and his wife there. I pointed to them and asked what they were going to do when this happens. They said they had a smart phone but weren’t happy. Then I asked about those super old, like 90+ year olds that have had tickets like since the inception, the rep said they will have to use the mobile or give up their tickets. It is what it is. 

9 minutes ago, bbb said:

Well, once you learn it, they'll change it again. 

Probably will 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

why would a screenshot not be allowed?  Don't they just scan them at the gate?

Screenshot is same as wallet.

I always screenshot tickemaster event tickets.  never a problem anywhere else

I’m not sure the reason why, but read that the scan changes every so often to not all screen shots.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Best part of this story is that for all the ticket technology and modern security, the situation was resolved with good-old fashion sneaking in.

We legit just WALKED RIGHT PAST them. It was hilarious. And sorta scary that no one noticed. 

1 hour ago, ******* said:

How can i sneak in?

By walking by the ticket scanning lady like you own the place. Lol

Hey Guys, quick question. 

A friend of my father is a season ticket holder and he gave us four tickets to the pats game. They are four individual small tickets..are season ticket holders not required to all go mobile?

i have mobile tickets for the titans game through stub hub. I’m tested this out in Detroit coming from Canada and it didn’t seem to be a problem that I couldn’t access any data on my phone for the tix to work. 

14 hours ago, zonabb said:

Never ever use the phone, always my issued cards. They're foolproof. 

Me too.  But unfortunately the folks in line at gate 7 had different plans.  I’ve been a season ticket holder forever (late 80s), and yesterday was the worst entry experience I’ve ever had.  Pittsburgh 04 was bad.  Dallas MNF 07 was bad, particularly when a deputy sheriff made the brilliant decision to ride a horse through a crowd of hundreds of people packed shoulder-to-shoulder.  But yesterday took an absurd amount of time, and it actually became dangerous when a fight broke out.  I was worried about a stampede occurring, and I was very thankful I didn’t have my little guys with me. 

8 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

they need to have wifi available with access points at every gate.. This is ridiculous that they have the mobil option but not the signal needed

Internet has always been spotty there, even after the upgrades.  I was fine in the stadium yesterday (not a fantasy football use, but switched on my AT&T TV app to check out one of the replay reviews).  You’re absolutely right - if the NFL is going to push people to mobile tickets, it can’t have the circus that occurred yesterday. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Went to the game today with tickets purchased on NFL ticket exchange. Our phones couldn’t connect to the internet near the gates to pull up the tickets. The employees at the gates were zero help...and several people had the same issue as screenshots of tickets are no longer allowed. We literally just snuck in and found our seats. How they don’t have some other system in place for when the internet is slow is maddening. 

Yeah, I tried opening the One Buffalo app - no go.   They had 10,000 people trying to access the same app, and I suspect it crashed.   

I had my credit card tickets, which still work.  

• Like (+1) 1

I think it is awful, especially considering that their app, the One Buffalo App, is a poorly designed and unstable disaster.  Completely not ready for this sort of rollout

I share seasons with someone, and when I need both tickets, it is a royal pain to transfer them to myself within this app, working in conjunction with ticketmaster.  

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Hey Guys, quick question. 

A friend of my father is a season ticket holder and he gave us four tickets to the pats game. They are four individual small tickets..are season ticket holders not required to all go mobile?

i have mobile tickets for the titans game through stub hub. I’m tested this out in Detroit coming from Canada and it didn’t seem to be a problem that I couldn’t access any data on my phone for the tix to work. 

If you still don't have an answer, let me know.  I'll ask my friend who runs our ticket account.  I'm pretty sure the extra tickets he bought for yesterday from the STH presale were regular cardboard tickets.  

1 hour ago, jimmy10 said:

I get why people are upset. Horse and buggy owners got upset when the automobile was invented too. 

Did the auto slow things down and make things worse, too?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

I get why people are upset. Horse and buggy owners got upset when the automobile was invented too. 

I take it you didn’t stand in line for 40 minutes to enter the stadium yesterday.

I’ll add one thing.  I had an e-ticket for the Blue & Red scrimmage, and the ticket-takers had trouble with the scanners for that event.  The explanation I was given was that it had something to do with the ability of the scanner to read the bar code on my iPhone (until a week or two ago, the newest and most advanced model).  I ended up just walking into the scrimmage after the ticket-taker’s device failed.  So perhaps that was part of the issue yesterday, too.  

Either way, the struggle to enter the stadium was absurd and completely avoidable.  I’m not a complainer - I get that security is important and that sometimes unpublished threats demand caution, patience, and delay.  But I’m thinking about talking to my ticket rep about yesterday.  I’ve been to hundreds of games and that was the worst I’ve ever experienced trying to enter that stadium.   

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

I take it you didn’t stand in line for 40 minutes to enter the stadium yesterday.

Nope. Got there at 12:20, spent maybe 5 mins in line, RFID on my iPhone wallet worked great. No futzing with any apps or internet connectivity or lost hard copy tickets. Big fan. 

Arrived at 12:28.  Did not have that experience at gate 7.  Not sure where you had a five minute line, but I’d like to go to that gate next time.  

We normally use gate 6, but lately (namely, last year) we found gate 7 to be a smoother entry.  Not the case yesterday, and 6 looked like it was pretty clogged from what I could see, too.  

1 hour ago, bbb said:

If you still don't have an answer, let me know.  I'll ask my friend who runs our ticket account.  I'm pretty sure the extra tickets he bought for yesterday from the STH presale were regular cardboard tickets.  

Thanks, I called the bills ticket office and yes what we have is good to go. It's confusing when they say it's completely gone mobile and we get something different lol See you all Sunday!

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

With the new android update, the One Buffalo app doesn't work... so beware anyone who has not done the update for Android OS 10... DO NOT UPDATE IT.  I had to go to the ticket office and have them text me my ticket because with the new OS update the app just crashes as soon as you open it.  The ticket office knows but the app hasn't been updated yet to fix it... 

14 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I’m not a complainer - I get that security is important

It has very little to do with security and mostly has to do with the NFL, entertainers, etc. wanting to price fix. 

6 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Thanks, I called the bills ticket office and yes what we have is good to go. It's confusing when they say it's completely gone mobile and we get something different lol See you all Sunday!

Exactly!! 

4 minutes ago, MR8 said:

With the new android update, the One Buffalo app doesn't work... so beware anyone who has not done the update for Android OS 10... DO NOT UPDATE IT.  I had to go to the ticket office and have them text me my ticket because with the new OS update the app just crashes as soon as you open it.  The ticket office knows but the app hasn't been updated yet to fix it... 

It's soooo easy and hassle free.  5 minute lines, my ass.  Last time I had a 5 minute line was before 9/11 with me getting there slightly late.