Points Per Game 18.5 22.5
Points Allowed Per Game 31 15
Total Yards 394 393
Yards Passing 364.5

Yards Rushing 29.5 139.5
Yards Allowed 419 311
Pass Yards Allowed 253.5 212.5
Rush Yards Allowed 165.5 98.5

The Bills faced two "Quality" Backs in weeks one and two, ON the road  -- and allowed less than 100 rushing yards average?  (68 & 129) 

The numbers just say it ... the Bills should roll over the Bengals. 

Hmm,

I'm glad you are using a big enough sample size.

And if I'm counting/starting with last Saturday and Sunday the numbers say I shouldn't go into work again...

?

Edited by MrSarcasm

3 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Hmm,

I'm glad you are using a big enough sample size.

And if I'm counting/starting with last Saturday and Sunday the numbers say I shouldn't go into work again...

?

LOL that name will go over like a ton of bricks 

Good luck staying active 

You use a sample size of what is presented to us for 2019.   None of the 3 teams involved are what there were in 2019.

You present the facts and work with what you got.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/optimism-high-2-0-bills-013720307.html

Optimism high for 2-0 Bills, who face 0-2 Bengals

The Buffalo Bills are seeking their first 3-0 start in eight years when they host the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

Buffalo started the campaign with road wins over the New York Jets and New York Giants, and optimism is blooming as the Bills begin a stretch of hosting five of six games in Western New York.

"Well, we understand the energy of the stadium is going to be really high on Sunday," Bills quarterback Josh Allen told reporters. "We have to be able to kind of weather that and understand and play within ourselves. Coach (Sean McDermott) told us it's not where we play, it's how we play. We're going to take that to heart."

The Bills will be meeting a desperate team in the Bengals (0-2) ......

Did anyone read the Lane Kiffin story on ESPN? 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27638015/trash-talk-mattress-fires-flying-projector-lane-kiffin-year-tennessee

Team meetings at the Birmingham Marriott were winding down the night before Tennessee was set to take on top-ranked and unbeaten Alabama in 2009, and Ed Orgeron wanted everyone's attention.

To get the Vols pumped up, the fiery defensive line coach took an overhead projector and hurled it into a wall, where it shattered into pieces. Then it was Lane Kiffin's turn. The brash young head coach had an announcement.

"He gets up there and says, 'I've already called back to the University of Tennessee and told them that we're going to stay an extra night after we beat Alabama tomorrow, and we're going to go eat some of those Dreamland ribs and hang out at their bars,'" recounted Marlon Walls, then a freshman defensive lineman.

The whole room went wild, including Kiffin's father, Monte, the Vols' 69-year-old defensive coordinator.

"I believe Monte even picked up a chair and threw it," then-senior defensive lineman Wes Brown said. "Whatever we could get our hands on, we were throwing.

"It was total chaos."

McDermott's approach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kiffin's approach

You obviously have to have confidence, but the over the top nonsense doesn't work long term. The Kiffin story just made me think of Rex.

Anyway, back to what matters. This doesn't look good for the Bengals.

The stars are lining up for a W, just gotta execute. 

Edited by elroy16

The Bengals line is terrible.  Dalton is an average Qb.  They are going to throw alot.  Besides, maybe 1 or 2 deep passes, I think Buffalo get 3 plus turnovers.  By halftime the game will be all but over.  28 or 38 points by half.  1 or 2 defensive Tds.  The offense will move the ball well by will be measured.  

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:
Team Stats Bengals Bills
Points Per Game 18.5 22.5
Points Allowed Per Game 31 15
Total Yards 394 393
Yards Passing 364.5

Yards Rushing 29.5 139.5
Yards Allowed 419 311
Pass Yards Allowed 253.5 212.5
Rush Yards Allowed 165.5 98.5

The Bills faced two "Quality" Backs in weeks one and two, ON the road  -- and allowed less than 100 rushing yards average?  (68 & 129) 

The numbers just say it ... the Bills should roll over the Bengals. 

I love how we look so far this year but it's not completely fair to say we shut down Bell and Barkley led offenses so we shouldn't have a problem shutting down anyone elses rushing attack..  Maybe we don't have a problem with anyone else's rushing game, and our defense is that legit - they very well could be.. but I don't think we were at all worried about the passing attack of the Jets or Giants.  That allowed us to focus on shutting down the run game.

That being said - The Bengals have the best WR's we've faced all year, even minus Green, a QB who can be dangerous, but along with the Jets seem to have one of the worst OL's due to their injuries.

The Bengal defense is probably more along the lines of what we saw from the Giants, than the Jets.  If our Offense is what we've seen Weeks 1 & 2, we should have no problem scoring on them.

Edited by SCBills

There's an awful lot of hubris in this thread for a team that was 6-10 last year and has wins against two of the worst teams in football.

Don't get me wrong: I believe this to be a game that Buffalo should win. I don't, however, see it as a foregone conclusion, cake walk, or even anything more than a game in which they should be favored.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

There's an awful lot of hubris in this thread for a team that was 6-10 last year and has wins against two of the worst teams in football.

Don't get me wrong: I believe this to be a game that Buffalo should win. I don't, however, see it as a foregone conclusion, cake walk, or even anything more than a game in which they should be favored.

You might have noticed few players are left from last year's team. Also the Jets were favored to win their game so no rewriting history. They also came from behind twice. So yeah, I'm confident.

• Like (+1) 1

I am enjoying the improvement of our team, I really am, but this shift from expecting to lose to expecting to win feels very foreign to me.  

When I expect a loss, either:

a) We lose as expected, or

b) We win and I'm really happy

When I expect a win, either:

a) We win as expected, or

b) We lose and I'm really upset

My state of indifference on Sunday afternoons is coming to an end and I am more invested than I've been in a long time.  Just like we used to win games we weren't supposed to win in the past, we will lose games that we aren't supposed to lose - hopefully not this Sunday.

Thank you, therapists of TSW, for letting me express my feelings as I come to terms with a shifting reality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You might have noticed few players are left from last year's team. Also the Jets were favored to win their game so no rewriting history. They also came from behind twice. So yeah, I'm confident.

Confidence is fine.

The "there's no way we lose" type bravado I'm seeing from some fans is misplaced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Confidence is fine.

The "there's no way we lose" type bravado I'm seeing from some fans is misplaced.

Of course we can lose. Especially if we pull another 4 turnover *****. I just don't think we will.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Confidence is fine.

and what lends to the "we need to be really cautious about this game" bravado?

• we were 6-10 last year so one of the worst teams in the NFL
    • 11+ net new starters (majority from the bad side: Offense, and more returned starters from the good side: Defense) from last year so not even close to the same team
  • we were considered one of the worst teams to start this year
  • we beat the first team as a unanimous underdog, regardless of how, we beat them
    • message then was "it's early in the season and teams are still figuring things out"
  • we took care of business against a second team we were BARELY the favorite
    • message now is "they were a bad team" regardless of the above statement of "it's early, teams are still figuring themselves out"
  • the FO is in it's 3rd year and it's obvious it's gaining it's stride, we're seeing things that GOOD organizations do and it feels almost unnatural

look - i'm not arguing with you and i really think it's just BBFS but there is so much different this year that it's probably just best to live in the moment, anything that happened before the 2019 season has no relevance.

do you think Bills Fans know how to handle success?  a good coach?  FO?  solid QB? offensive and defensive systems that dictate strategy?  it's kinda awkward for me but i'm learning to accept it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Confidence is fine.

I think they SHOULD win. I’ll admit, even as an optimist, a bit of BBFS is kicking in here mid week. 

Nothing a couple of beers early Sunday morning at the stadium can’t fix though..... I’ll be calling for the blowout by 10:30AM! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Say When... said:

and what lends to the "we need to be really cautious about this game" bravado?

• we were 6-10 last year so one of the worst teams in the NFL
    • 11+ net new starters (majority from the bad side: Offense, and more returned starters from the good side: Defense) from last year so not even close to the same team
  • we were considered one of the worst teams to start this year
  • we beat the first team as a unanimous underdog, regardless of how, we beat them
    • message then was "it's early in the season and teams are still figuring things out"
  • we took care of business against a second team we were BARELY the favorite
    • message now is "they were a bad team" regardless of the above statement of "it's early, teams are still figuring themselves out"
  • the FO is in it's 3rd year and it's obvious it's gaining it's stride, we're seeing things that GOOD organizations do and it feels almost unnatural

look - i'm not arguing with you and i really think it's just BBFS but there is so much different this year that it's probably just best to live in the moment, anything that happened before the 2019 season has no relevance.

do you think Bills Fans know how to handle success?  a good coach?  FO?  solid QB? offensive and defensive systems that dictate strategy?  it's kinda awkward for me but i'm learning to accept it.

Well, I wouldn't call cautious optimism "bravado".

And while I don't think you're referring to me with the above generalizations, I do think that there's truth to the idea that we don't know the "quality" of a victory early on in the season. Just look back on 2017, when wins against the Broncos, Falcons, and Raiders looked really impressive early, and turned out to be wins against relatively weak teams once the balance of the season unfolded.

For me, the current feeling really comes down to this: it's week 3, so we know basically nothing about anything outside of NE/KC/LAR good, Miami bad, NYG/NYJ/Pit in trouble. Everything else is pending.

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

I think they SHOULD win. I’ll admit, even as an optimist, a bit of BBFS is kicking in here mid week. 

Nothing a of beers early Sunday morning at the stadium can’t fix though..... I’ll be calling for the blowout by 10:30AM! 

No BBFS here; just a total refusal to draw any conclusions (or even inferences) about 90% of the league based upon weeks 1 and 2.

nfl.com has Allen listed as "Start 'Em.

Josh Allen vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Listed a start 'em last week, Allen produced over 22 fantasy points in a win over the Giants. He has another solid matchup next on the slate, as the Bills host a Bengals defense that has allowed five touchdown passes and an average of almost 20 fantasy points per game to opposing field generals. Allen is a free agent in a kot of leagues, too.

It also has Dalton listed as Sit 'Em.

Andy Dalton vs. Buffalo Bills

Dalton has had a nice (and overlooked) start to the season under new coach Zac Taylor, as he's second in passing yards and averaging almost 20 fantasy points per game. However, I'd still fade him in a brutal road matchup against the Bills. Their ferocious pass defense has allowed just 11.6 points a game to quarterbacks in 2019.

nfl.com

People are starting to notice the Bills, funny how winning does that.

I like Andy as a person, I almost feel bad for him this week...Almost.

#GoBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I love how we look so far this year but it's not completely fair to say we shut down Bell and Barkley led offenses so we shouldn't have a problem shutting down anyone elses rushing attack..  Maybe we don't have a problem with anyone else's rushing game, and our defense is that legit - they very well could be.. but I don't think we were at all worried about the passing attack of the Jets or Giants.  That allowed us to focus on shutting down the run game.

That being said - The Bengals have the best WR's we've faced all year, even minus Green, a QB who can be dangerous, but along with the Jets seem to have one of the worst OL's due to their injuries.

The Bengal defense is probably more along the lines of what we saw from the Giants, than the Jets.  If our Offense is what we've seen Weeks 1 & 2, we should have no problem scoring on them.

I get what you are saying but the numbers are what they are.    and the indication is if the trend continues the Bengals will allow more rushing yards and points.