Week 3: Bills (-6) v Bengals

dubs

4 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I feel like Spain didn’t have a good preseason but has come on. Having said that, I do like the line you proposed. Is Ford at RG and Feliciano at LG better than Feliciano at Rg and Spain at LG? It’s close. 

I’m going to trust the Bills coaching staff over you two jokers ?no one comes into your workplace and tells you how to flip the burgers  ? . Let the coaches coach and enjoy being 2-0. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

While you do have a point to an extent, the NFL is a business and the number 1 objective is to win games. How many times has a BAD team derailed the Bills momentum? How many times have the Bills lost to teams they were "supposed" to beat? Although people do seem to forget that the Jets were favored. I'm a results orientated guy and the Bills won two road games to start the season. That's the bottom line. If you break it down, there is some merit to the idea that these two games don't necessarily portend great things for the team. On the flip side, they won both games. Now they have a chance to start 3-0. The Bengals are the opponent this week and I feel pretty good about our chances. I take nothing for granted, but this is yet another very winnable game. And if they handle their business, it will mean just that; they handled their business. 

Overall, I'm glad we're sitting here talking about how significant or insignificant starting 2-0 is for the long term. It's a much better place to be than wondering how the team is going to recover from bad losses.

I'm thrilled they won 2 road games as well. It's a great start and I totally agree with your points. That said, the Bills were outscored 78-23 in their first two games last year. They went to Minnesota, a playoff team in 2017 who was 1-0-1 coming in and  totally outplayed them. It's the NFL. They are one lack of focus and effort or bad luck from a bad loss. 2-1 with New England coming in and a tough road game in Tennessee does not look nearly as good as 3-0 and could change in a major way the perceptions we have of the 2-0 start.

1 hour ago, BubbaT said:

I'm thrilled they won 2 road games as well. It's a great start and I totally agree with your points. That said, the Bills were outscored 78-23 in their first two games last year. They went to Minnesota, a playoff team in 2017 who was 1-0-1 coming in and  totally outplayed them. It's the NFL. They are one lack of focus and effort or bad luck from a bad loss. 2-1 with New England coming in and a tough road game in Tennessee does not look nearly as good as 3-0 and could change in a major way the perceptions we have of the 2-0 start.

Good analogy with the Vikes game.  Forgot about that.  Don’t be the Vikes.  That game may have derailed their season.

The Bengals game is a must win.  We penciled this in as win in the path to get 10 wins.   If we go 3 - 0 we are ahead of schedule and gives us more cushion. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Heitz said:

So the two games we've won don't prove anything, but one loss will.  And even if we win (and are 3 - 0), it doesn't show that we're good.  Makes a TON of sense...

:beer: 

Finally you are starting to get it.

There are only two different outcomes for losers (which "Negifans" imagine the Bills to be) -  1. a LOSS  or   2. Not a LOSS ? ?

So to these "Negifans" the Bills have two Not Loses.

BTW, "Negifan's" fear disappointment so their main objective is to NEVER get their hopes up!

BillsNegifan.jpg.1dd8e8ab4524efc9652c59cf24ef2553.jpg

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://sports.yahoo.com/optimism-high-2-0-bills-013720307.html

Optimism high for 2-0 Bills, who face 0-2 Bengals

The Buffalo Bills are seeking their first 3-0 start in eight years when they host the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday.

Buffalo started the campaign with road wins over the New York Jets and New York Giants, and optimism is blooming as the Bills begin a stretch of hosting five of six games in Western New York.

"Well, we understand the energy of the stadium is going to be really high on Sunday," Bills quarterback Josh Allen told reporters. "We have to be able to kind of weather that and understand and play within ourselves. Coach (Sean McDermott) told us it's not where we play, it's how we play. We're going to take that to heart."

The Bills will be meeting a desperate team in the Bengals (0-2) ......

11 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I find it interesting that the Bills signed Davis Webb as their practice squad QB when he played for the Jets and Giants and now the Bills have signed Curtis Akins a LB who was with Cincinnati this year. 

Could just be a really weird coincidence but I’m sure they are getting tips on the Bengals defense now. 

players get bounced around practice squads often. I think teams rely on scouting and film instead of this

8 hours ago, Locomark said:

Bills 36 Bengals 27...I think this game is a blow out and the Bengals add 10 points in garbage time to make it seem closer than it was.  They will tee off on Dalton. Over under is  3 false starts. Take the over.

If we lose, it will be because we didn't score. I don't think our defense will allow more than 17 points.

It would be nice to see is score first for once and lead the whole way.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

With Cordy Glenn and AJ Green out , that helps the Bill's   D

Yes, but do you think they really NEED help?

Maybe the Bills D really ARE THAT GOOD!

Edited by cd1

ESPN game predictor ....   https://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401127915

Matchup Predictor    Buffalo Win   67.8%

of course they had the JETS win probability close to the same

13 minutes ago, ALF said:

With Cordy Glenn and AJ Green out , that helps the Bill's   D

Cincinnati Bengals
NAME, POS STATUS DATE
Cordy Glenn, OT Questionable
Sep 17
A.J. Green, WR Out
Sep 18
Ryan Glasgow, DT Questionable
Sep 18
C.J. Uzomah, TE Questionable
Sep 18
Carl Lawson, DE Questionable
Sep 18

Team Stats Bengals Bills
Points Per Game 18.5 22.5
Points Allowed Per Game 31 15
Total Yards 394 393
Yards Passing 364.5

Yards Rushing 29.5 139.5
Yards Allowed 419 311
Pass Yards Allowed 253.5 212.5
Rush Yards Allowed 165.5 98.5

The Bills faced two "Quality" Backs in weeks one and two, ON the road  -- and allowed less than 100 rushing yards average?  (68 & 129) 

The numbers just say it ... the Bills should roll over the Bengals. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Like (+1) 1