64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

16 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why don't you expect him to maintain the completion percentage?

Just curious.

Pretty incredible point right here.

Not sure his reasoning, but I personally expect it to go down as I expect them to slowly build the deep game into the offense more which has a natural lower %, but that’s not a bad thing really. Completion % really should be judged by looking at where they’re throwing to on the field. That’s one of the things when people pointed to his % last year- he had the most attempts over 20 yards or something along those lines (not sure if most, but very high on the list). Context matters.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I think as the season progresses, he's gonna take deep shots. We haven't seen a ton as they've really worked the underneath/intermediate routes.

How many more deep shots per game do you think he'll take? He's already taken at least 2 or 3 in every game.

And he's missed every one.

When he starts connecting, completion percentage and YPA will go up, not down.

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

My main takeaway is that I don't really care if the completion percentage dips down to 59/60 if the YPA remains the same. He's always going to be a guy who takes chances, so I think you'd be fine with more big plays/slightly lower percentage. That's where the YPA metric would continue on an upward trajectory even if the percentage dips. That would be fine.

It would become a problem if the percentage dips AND the YPA takes a hit. 

His completion percentage might fluctuate. In fact it almost definitely will. But you seem pretty resigned to it fluctuating on a steady trend down, which I think is interesting.

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

His completion percentage might fluctuate. In fact it almost definitely will. But you seem pretty resigned to it fluctuating on a steady trend down, which I think is interesting.

I tend to think the number is a bit high based on the competition and gameplan. Main point is that I don't really care about that specific number as long as it doesn't start creeping towards 55. If his YPA is closer to 7.5 than 7, I'm good. If he continues to improve on both his completion percentage and YPA, we're talking about a FRANCHISE QB. I'm just not there yet. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:04 PM, mrags said:

I can’t believe you are arguing about this. Even that damn commentators said he barely got away with the ball not being intercepted. 

I’d post pics to show you since you are failing to show the proof or notice it yourself. But this stupid sight won’t allow me to link photos larger than your inability to understand football. If you watch the replay from the QBs view again, you’ll see Knox running away from the defender and with a clear pathway to the 40 yard line or so with nobody to stop him in that side of the field. 

Youll also see at about the same time that Beasley secures the ball, he is fighting off hands in his gut from the defender coming from the middle of the field. You do realize that the amount he missed the ball was fractions of a second, and in the NFL, fractions of a second could mean him jumping in front of the ball and taking it to the house. 

As it is, Allen was being hit when he threw it and didn’t have as much velocity on it. If he has just a tiny little bit more loft in the pass we’re talking about 6 the other way. 

Keep up up the good work. 

That ball wasn't even close to be intercepted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yup. And like I said before, it could have been had the defender made a jump on the ball before it was thrown. But again, I’ll just concede to a bunch of idiots in a message board that live in their parents basement and flip burgers for a living 

13 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Oh no no no.... you are obviously clueless. That was a HIGH risk low reward throw! ?

You are such a winner 

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

it could have been had the defender made a jump on the ball before it was thrown. 

LOLOL. Said every defender ever that got burnt by a well timed ball right in front of him... my god, you are IMPRESSIVE 

Now excuse me while I head up from the basement to get my hot pocket out of the microwave.... 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Josh has really shown improvement.  If Josh can put up 210+ 62% with more TDs than picks against the Pats than I truly will believe that he can hit 4000 yards this year. I know he is on pace for it already but I really want to see how he fares against a 3-4 team as varied as the Pats.  

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

But if a superfreak athlete who wasn't on the field made great pre and post snap anticipation, ran all the way sideline to sideline and dove to make a spectacular fingertip catch, it could possibly have been. Just sayin.'

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

LOLOL. Said every defender ever that got burnt by a well timed ball right in front of him... my god, you are IMPRESSIVE 

Now excuse me while I head up from the basement to get my hot pocket out of the microwave.... 

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

But if a superfreak athlete who wasn't on the field made great pre and post snap anticipation, ran all the way sideline to sideline and dove to make a spectacular fingertip catch, it could possibly have been. Just sayin.'

throwing to Knox could have been intercepted if the defender jumped the route. ?

Sheesh what a silly argument. Thanks for coming to my aid. I thought I was crazy. 

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Don’t burn the roof of your mouth douche 

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Yup. And like I said before, it could have been had the defender made a jump on the ball before it was thrown. But again, I’ll just concede to a bunch of idiots in a message board that live in their parents basement and flip burgers for a living 

You are such a winner 

I’m not an idiot. I own my own house and haven’t lived with my parents for over 25 years. I also don’t flip burgers and never have.  The fact that you have to try an insult people because they don’t agree with you is usually a tactic people take when their argument is bad. 

I will I’ll go on further to say that you can see this play from every QB all across the league and in every game. They have an “aggressive” stat just for this reason as well as a “tight window” stat. I wouldn’t even put that throw in either one of those categories. 

Edited by Scott7975

59 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I’m not an idiot. I own my own house and haven’t lived with my parents for over 25 years. I also don’t flip burgers and never have.  The fact that you have to try an insult people because they don’t agree with you is usually a tactic people take when their argument is bad. 

I will I’ll go on further to say that you can see this play from every QB all across the league and in every game. They have an “aggressive” stat just for this reason as well as a “tight window” stat. I wouldn’t even put that throw in either one of those categories. 

Congrats on your house. So proud of you. You’ve joined most of the the rest of society by moving out of your parents basement. Still doesn’t change the fact that I’ve said all along it was a good play, but very low reward for high risk. You are even confirming this by stating your “right window” and “aggressive” stats. Glad you made my point for me. 

Ill continue to say this. This play was a success but just as easily could have been a disaster. It’s really that simple. Great, he made the play. And week 1 he made a similar play where he gunned it into Beasley on a very tight window, and the ball bounced off him and ended up being a pick 6. 

I think you are all idiots if you don’t see that this play could have turned badly, very quickly. But I can’t help any of you anymore if you fail to realize this. Have a good life and get over it. We won the game and we’re on to the Pats. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Peperonni or Ham and Cheese?

I miss hot pockets. I used to love them but I ate one before football practice in 90° heat... suffice to say the resaulting puke fest has ruined them for me. 

28 minutes ago, mrags said:

Congrats on your house. So proud of you. You’ve joined most of the the rest of society by moving out of your parents basement. Still doesn’t change the fact that I’ve said all along it was a good play, but very low reward for high risk. You are even confirming this by stating your “right window” and “aggressive” stats. Glad you made my point for me. 

Ill continue to say this. This play was a success but just as easily could have been a disaster. It’s really that simple. Great, he made the play. And week 1 he made a similar play where he gunned it into Beasley on a very tight window, and the ball bounced off him and ended up being a pick 6. 

I think you are all idiots if you don’t see that this play could have turned badly, very quickly. But I can’t help any of you anymore if you fail to realize this. Have a good life and get over it. We won the game and we’re on to the Pats. 

6D93B992-14D2-4551-B58F-00FDE1BF5B55.png

Edited by whatdrought

5 hours ago, mrags said:

You are such a winner 

coulda mighta woulda, = didn’t happen... Hell, Brady has thrown 4 interceptions the last couple games against us, but like Allen he won, where’s the argument?? Both QBs throw interceptions, in fact all QBs throw interceptions, the perfect game has yet to be played.  

Fingers crossed for Sunday, 

Go Bills!!!

26 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Peperonni or Ham and Cheese?

I miss hot pockets. I used to love them but I ate one before football practice in 90° heat... suffice to say the resaulting puke fest has ruined them for me. 

6D93B992-14D2-4551-B58F-00FDE1BF5B55.png

Personally I liked the BBQ ones but prices have gone up over 30% at supermarkets so I am sticking with cases of Pepperoni and Ham & Cheese for now which have not gone up at BJs Wholesale Club.

And you need to send a case to M. Rags

• Like (+1) 1

Josh improves his % by 12 points and some idiots still have to write crap like this.

Brown and Beasley have helped scattershot quarterback Josh Allen boost his completion rate from a dismal 52.8 as a rookie to a respectable 64.1 through three games this year.

nfl

This was a nice little stat.

The Chargers' Keenan Allen is the only player with more receiving first downs than Brown (15), who is averaging 15 more yards per game than during his lone 1,000-yard season of 2015.

3 hours ago, mrags said:

Because it wasn't high risk.  The defender wasn't even close.  This isn't rocket science.  You can keep calling it high risk all day but that doesn't make it so.  As for confirming by stating the stats, I didn't... you left out the part where I wouldn't even put that pass into those categories.  Neither would the people that keep them. In fact Josh Allen is one of the least aggressive QBs in the league according to the stats.  Bottom 5.

In case you don't know what the stat is:

Aggressiveness (AGG%)
Aggressiveness tracks the amount of passing attempts a quarterback makes that are into tight coverage, where there is a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts.

Josh % is 11.7 good for 5th least.  Highest is 28.8%.  So what it does show is what you are arguing about is nonsense.  You are so worried about this pass that wouldn't even be considered a tight throw because the receiver was more than a yard away yet 32 QBs have tight window throws more often then Josh.  You want to know why?  Because there is defense in the NFL and coverage guys are good too.  Im sure you could watch film of even Tom Brady hit that pass while there might have been a better throw to make if you were as interested in being so skeptical about specific plays like people are so interested in doing for Josh Allen.  You aren't though.  We only nitpick our own QB here even though every QB in the league does the same stuff.

And btw... just about any play can end in disaster.

Edited by Scott7975

This weekend will be somewhat telling, but it’s far from the last chapter of this story. We’re still in the beginning of this book. I’m hoping for the best, but Josh still has less than a full season of starts. Belichick tends to have his way with most QB’s, especially the young ones. I will not overreact.....for better or for worse.  

Edited by Augie