64.1% = Josh Allen's completion percentage through 3 games

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I think his short-passing accuracy has improved immensely.

True and he is throwing better touch and swing passes this year. Maybe it was just a mechanics issue. I still think overall he is a little below average with his ball placement but it is not the debilitating flaw that it was made out to be pre-draft. I would actually say that on passes 10-20 yards down the field he is as accurate as anyone in the league. It's the shorter passes where he's still a bit off but that's why you bring in a receiver like Beasley.

Edited by HappyDays

On 9/18/2019 at 9:58 PM, SydneyBillsFan said:

I am interested in knowing how people here might assess the importance of his off season tutoring with Jordan Palmer and what impact that might have had on his development - because to me it looks like he has significantly improved all aspects of his game relative to last season. Obviously the improved OL, WR and TE units factor into his improvement as well.

damn good assessment.....Allen has worked his tail off with Professor Palmer to be our franchise QB........as a WE versus ME guy ("this is OUR team and OUR family"_)....with Allen and Dawkins as the only 2 offensive starting returnees, McBeane went out and put together a formidable surrounding cast....despite this kid's unwavering willingness to put this club on HIS back weekly, it's hardly, feasible, reasonable or prudent if you want him to be the long term franchise QB versus a short term exit on a gurney....certainly appears he's worked hard with Palmer to temper his cannon to develop an underneath finesse/touch game.....damn right we got the "right Josh" PERIOD.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

I did? News to me old man. Doesn’t matter to me if he throws for 55% or 65% or 85%. OP is talking out both ends with these threads.

I’m thinking your world has no shades of grey, or you’re bit thick. Context is an important thing when assessing any statement. 

Go Bills!!!

He looked rough today. Bengals were disguising coverages well and really slowed Allen's eyes. Made a couple of really bone headed plays. I'm happy the percentage argument is being put to rest but he's still got work to do.

3 minutes ago, Luka said:

He looked rough today. Bengals were disguising coverages well and really slowed Allen's eyes. Made a couple of really bone headed plays. I'm happy the percentage argument is being put to rest but he's still got work to do.

Yea they definitely confused him some. I thought he had a decent first half a bad second half. But he made the plays he needed to make on the final drive. Overall offensive execution was poor today though. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Lurker said:

If the Bengals can do that, think of what Belichick will dream up.   

Every game is different, but sometimes they're not...

He's going to have to figure it out. He came up big at the end, leading the team to a win and he finally got what a lot of QBs get out of the skill positions, which is someone made a play.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

If the Bengals can do that, think of what Belichick will dream up.   

Every game is different, but sometimes they're not...

That’s a fair concern for sure. 

The onus is on Daboll to counter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

This obsession with the totally arbitrary benchmark of 60% as an indicator of anything needs to stop.

It's kind of a "as a matter of fact" thing now since no matter what he did last season that was the fallback narrative for anyone that didn't like him. 

I'm sure it will change to 300+ yards in a game soon. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

It's kind of a "as a matter of fact" thing now since no matter what he did last season that was the fallback narrative for anyone that didn't like him. 

I'm sure it will change to 300+ yards in a game soon. 

Unfortunately, I think you’re right. Allen is not allowed ANY room for error as EVERY mistake is magnified and gnawed on incessantly. 

Some me folks need to watch other teams more. The state of NFL QBing is not a pretty sight week to week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s a fair concern for sure. 

The onus is on Daboll to counter. 

Yea I defended Daboll last week because the miscues were not on him. I didn't love his second half playcalling today.

He takes some blame for the ugly second half. He did call a good first half though. Unfortunately his skill players let him down. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Unfortunately, I think you’re right. Allen is not allowed ANY room for error as EVERY mistake is magnified and gnawed on incessantly. 

Some me folks need to watch other teams more. The state of NFL QBing is not a pretty sight week to week. 

Exactly. I try not to be too critical of Allen. I didn't like him when we drafted him and changed my mind after seeing what he was capable of. 

Today I even said in the game thread, that's an awful mistake when he decided to throw into coverage for the pick.  Still support him though. 

I'm not going to pretend like I haven't defended him against the jets because I thought they were fluke plays. That pass today was bad and all on Allen. 

Others just want to say he sucks and that's the truth because they believe it.  Hell, even Thad brown (and Schopp to an extent) have changed their tune on Allen. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1