Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BrycePaup4ever

Will Patriots release Antonio Brown?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

 

The club option let’s them walk away and be eligible for Compensatory Picks. See what they did for Revis. The Non guarantee 2nd year is a Contract and they would then have to Cut him (not eligible for Compensatory Picks)

wonder why more contracts are not structured this way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Release him? At this stage, they are more likely to showcase him and try to have him set a new yardage record just to flip off the league. That’s their mentality. Starts with Kraft. I remember seeing him saying “F them,” during their pregame ceremony before kickoff of their opening game after when Brady was suspended for deflate gate. Robert Kraft is a phony thug wannabe. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't cut him.  He will play all the games this season as well.  You saw with Tyreek Hill as well as he didn't miss any games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wonder why more contracts are not structured this way

Starting to see more of it, specially with players that may have some off-field stuff. Have to remember players want security, so these type of deals might not get signed by players 

Edited by MAJBobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not as long as there is a chance that he can pay her off and make this go away.  If it was a criminal case and he could not buy his way out of it as easily, they might be forced to release him.  I just hope the media fall out distracts them to the point it affects their performance on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commissioner's exempt list sounds like a good temporary solution to the AB Circus. Now that the Pats have traded D. Thomas, if they can't activate AB, that might affect them...a bit...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The Patriots culture is talent and doing whatever it takes to win. 

 

Sounds the same as every other team. They're just better at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Limeaid said:

More important will Antonio Brown get his own TSW forum and all posts moved there?

The AB discussions are weak beer compared to the Deflategate threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

She accuses him of rape once. The third incident. One rape

 

Answer to the original question of "who accuses someone of three rapes?": Someone who is gainfully employed by the accuser. Tons of women go through repeated assaults because they're economically engaged or trapped by the employer.

 

Answer to the comment this was two assaults + one rape: So? Doesn't excuse it and the above applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Release him? At this stage, they are more likely to showcase him and try to have him set a new yardage record just to flip off the league. That’s their mentality. Starts with Kraft. I remember seeing him saying “F them,” during their pregame ceremony before kickoff of their opening game after when Brady was suspended for deflate gate. Robert Kraft is a phony thug wannabe. 

He’s the real devil in the Devil’s Triangle. Always has been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He masturbated and came on her back while they were watching a church video. Now that is just some very disturbing things regardless.   

I wonder if the DA can pursue criminal charges even if the accuser doesn't file a report. At this point would they need a report if the allegations are now public knowledge?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

This is whole thing is a prime example ad to why I said the Patriots were stupid for giving this guy a fully guaranteed deal

They didn't guarantee *****. 1 Million at signing and the rest is set up as game by game checks, if he is on the team he gets paid, otherwise he's out on his ass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Logic said:

Nope. 

Hypocrites, all. 


You might want to read the actual report before commenting.

 

 

WE ARE MOSTLY AMERICANS HERE, LOGIC!  

 

WE DON'T NEED TO READ NO STINKING REPORTS BEFORE WE PASS JUDGMENT ON ANYTHING.

 

WE'LL JUST EXPRESS OUR OPINIONS FREELY BASED UPON LIMITED INFORMATION, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

 

 

Fully agree, my friend.  :thumbsup:

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

He masturbated and came on her back while they were watching a church video. Now that is just some very disturbing things regardless.   

I wonder if the DA can pursue criminal charges even if the accuser doesn't file a report. At this point would they need a report if the allegations are now public knowledge?

 

What is a church video?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wonder why more contracts are not structured this way

Because the power is given soley to the team in this arrangement, only a desperate player would accept those terms.  In this case, if The Pats want to keep him they guaranteed his rights to themselves by offering 20M, BUT its unlikely they would want to pay that much to him bc market value is going to be lower, so they can either keep him at slightly above market for a year or leverage the fact he can't go anywhere to force him to take a short term deal for reasonable money.  No sane player would give up their rights like that.  Being foolish/desperate for "guaranteed" money, which he didn't get, by the way, led to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Because the power is given soley to the team in this arrangement, only a desperate player would accept those terms.  In this case, if The Pats want to keep him they guaranteed his rights to themselves by offering 20M, BUT its unlikely they would want to pay that much to him bc market value is going to be lower, so they can either keep him at slightly above market for a year or leverage the fact he can't go anywhere to force him to take a short term deal for reasonable money.  No sane player would give up their rights like that.  Being foolish/desperate for "guaranteed" money, which he didn't get, by the way, led to this.

i am taking what @MAJBobby Bobby says at heart. This is a one year prove it deal, the Pats could have made it two years with no guarantees. But the option is actually better for the player and the club.

 

1) Player gets to know early in league year whether he is apart of club or not..no getting cut week before the season(assume there are some guarantees with the option)

2) Club gets compensatory compensation if they move on

 

Bills had several of these types of 1 year deals with FA's this year, this structure may be better way to go 

 

Edited by plenzmd1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...