AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

We have due process, probably should wait to see if he's actually legally convicted before going too far with the hatred and personal insults. They are just accusations atm, though I know these days we're all supposed to believe women 100% without actual evidence.

Edited by Seven-N-Nine

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, how do you know that?  Were you, uh, privy (sorry! sorry!) to any conversations she may have had with police or prosecutors?

Again, I'm not in any way saying I find this credible or he did it.  I'm just saying I find it puzzling when there's this certainty to impugn the motives or dismiss the credibility of the woman.

We don't know.

What I would like to see, because I think it would be consistent with behavior in other cases, is for Brown to go on the Exempt list while the NFL investigates.

Yeah because her filing a criminal rape complaint wouldn't have been made public.

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Here are the emails AB sent:

There is nothing on this planet that works harder than AB’s autocorrect. 

You ever think that his phone just sits there thinking to itself.. “Damn. What did I ever do to get stuck with this guy?”

Thankfully football pays well, or else this guy would have a hard time finding a job even as a speed bump... 

(This will probably get thrown out of court quick. 1) No criminal charges, lack of evidence. 2) Judge- “If it happened once, WHY did you keep going back for the other 3 times!?!”)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Innocent until proven guilty exists for a reason. The NFL should thoroughly investigate and see if there’s merit to the accusations. 

That being said, AB seems 70 shades off the reservation and this behavior would not be surprising in the least.

Largely, all of this.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Who here is suggesting he go to jail without any kind of investigation and case?

95% of the board are acting as if he IS guilty, without a shadow of a doubt, just because he IS a class A douchebag idiot diva and now a Cheatriot to booth. So... are you saying they want a rapist to get away with his crimes because he plays in the NFL? Ha ha. Come on dude.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, how do you know that?  Were you, uh, privy (sorry! sorry!) to any conversations she may have had with police or prosecutors?

Again, I'm not in any way saying I find this credible or he did it.  I'm just saying I find it puzzling when there's this certainty to impugn the motives or dismiss the credibility of the woman.

We don't know.

What I would like to see, because I think it would be consistent with behavior in other cases, is for Brown to go on the Exempt list while the NFL investigates.

Patrick Chung is indicted on a drug possession charge. The league has not taken any action against him because they are allowing the legal process to run before doing so. I don't know if the woman's accusation has merit or not, at this point none of us do. So the best approach is to let the legal process run before taking any formal action against him. If the league wants to conduct their own investigation to see if there is merit to her claim then it should pursue it. But it wouldn't be right to sanction the player until there is more evidence against him. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chill said:

It’s was the “me too” movement and kavanah hearings that really opened my eyes of ulterior motives of these plaintiffs.  

I would hope they are telling the truth but I don’t believe it until an official judgement has been made. 

Wouldn’t  most plaintiffs would be interested in putting the defendant behind bars over getting paid?

They know it will be settled and it’s easy money. 

Just curious -

The law enforcement officers involved in the night club brawl incident with McCoy went to civil court because the prosecutor declined to file charges.

Do you feel the same about them - that they have ulterior motives and knew it would be settled and easy money?

In no way am I saying I think AB did it, but any woman who thinks a lawsuit about sexual assault or rape will be "easy money" is disconnected from real life.

1 minute ago, Jerome007 said:

95% of the board are acting as if he IS guilty, without a shadow of a doubt, just because he IS a class A douchebag idiot diva and now a Cheatriot to booth. So... are you saying they want a rapist to get away with his crimes because he plays in the NFL? Ha ha. Come on dude.

People can joke and ridicule and make wild ass assumptions. That is what this board is all about. No one is saying he is automatically guilty and should go to jail. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Patrick Chung is indicted on a drug possession charge. The league has not taken any action against him because they are allowing the legal process to run before doing so. I don't know if the woman's accusation has merit or not, at this point none of us do. So the best approach is to let the legal process run before taking any formal action against him. If the league wants to conduct their own investigation to see if there is merit to her claim then it should pursue it. But it wouldn't be right to sanction the player until there is more evidence against him. 

What about the league's vaunted "Zero Tolerance" policy towards DV or sexual assault?

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Most of those sentences sound like real sentences so we know AB didn’t write those.

I was honestly thinking that - that whole exchange seems contrived .  Being serious when I say I don't think AB even knows what the word extort means.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

My IQ is 187 and I graduated from Haaaaahvad.

That is a pretty high IQ to be getting into pissing matches on message boards.

3 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I actually don't see anyone acting as if he is guilty.

The closest anyone has probably come would be me, when I told Gugny I didn't find the accusation surprising.  And I don't find it surprising, for reasons stated.

But saying one isn't surprised at an accusation, is a long step from saying someone is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The Chung thing is bizarre, wonder if it has something to do with CBA negotiations coming up. The issue here is that AB is so much more high profile, and has behaved so poorly on his prior team that suspension was warranted even from that. He already is walking on as thin ice as you can imagine.

If his text messages are real, even if the rape didn't happen, he did admit to ejaculating on the woman's back (without consent obviously). She wasn't his girlfriend or wife (even then it's on the border of assault). That act/admission alone probably is on par or worse arguable than things like guys like Matt Lauer or Azeez Ansari did, both of whom suffered severe professional consequences. This is the "me too" era/movement for a  reason, this type of behavior is simply NOT OK and cannot be tolerated under any circumstances, money grab or not.

The question is whether his texts can quickly be verified, and whether the league thinks that this misconduct warrants being exempt. Remember, Adrian Peterson lost a season immediately without any trial or judge/jury.