AB accused for 3 instances of sexual assualt & rape against 1 woman. Lawsuit filed against him

Reed83HOF

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What about the league's vaunted "Zero Tolerance" policy towards DV or sexual assault?

What about it? We don't know if there is credible evidence in this civil matter. That hasn't been determined yet. If the league wants to investigate they should and then proceed. But to take a sanctioning action against the player, reviled or not, without some investigation would not be right. 

14 minutes ago, Chill said:

It’s was the “me too” movement and kavanah hearings that really opened my eyes of ulterior motives of these plaintiffs.  

I would hope they are telling the truth but I don’t believe it until an official judgement has been made. 

Wouldn’t  most plaintiffs would be interested in putting the defendant behind bars over getting paid?

They know it will be settled and it’s easy money. 

Kavanaugh*

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just curious -

The law enforcement officers involved in the night club brawl incident with McCoy went to civil court because the prosecutor declined to file charges.

Do you feel the same about them - that they have ulterior motives and knew it would be settled and easy money?

In no way am I saying I think AB did it, but any woman who thinks a lawsuit about sexual assault or rape will be "easy money" is disconnected from real life.

Other than what I read in the media, I’m not familiar enough with Shadys case to form an opinion. 

But I agree, many people are disconnected from real life and only selfishly care about themselves. 

#thisisamerica

https://youtu.be/VYOjWnS4cMY

Edited by Chill

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I have two daughters.  I hear what happens to some of their friends.  Not to the extent claimed in the AB case but I side on the womens’ side until proven wrong.

The league has to look into this, as do the authorities.  And we’ll see what happens.

Negative. File criminal charges if this is the situation. 

Most rape victims dont press charge  because they are traumatized and dont wanna face accuser in court. But this is not the case here. Shes filing a lawsuit and willing to see him in Court. 

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Using voice to text while driving. You want to compare college transcripts or IQ test results?

You’re posting on an internet message board while driving? I’ll take that bet. 

Edited by jimmy10
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was honestly thinking that - that whole exchange seems contrived .  Being serious when I say I don't think AB even knows what the word extort means.

I read the first message from "ab" and said there is no way he wrote that. Then kept reading and was 100% convinced someone else wrote those msgs.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Vod Kanockers said:

There is nothing on this planet that works harder than AB’s autocorrect. 

You ever think that his phone just sits there thinking to itself.. “Damn. What did I ever do to get stuck with this guy?”

Thankfully football pays well, or else this guy would have a hard time finding a job even as a speed bump... 

(This will probably get thrown out of court quick. 1) No criminal charges, lack of evidence. 2) Judge- “If it happened once, WHY did you keep going back for the other 3 times!?!”)

what I got from all that is AB’s phone has a lien on it, must have forgotten to pay his Verizon bill or something 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chill said:

It’s was the “me too” movement and kavanah hearings that really opened my eyes of ulterior motives of these plaintiffs.  

I would hope they are telling the truth but I don’t believe it until an official judgement has been made. 

Wouldn’t  most plaintiffs would be interested in putting the defendant behind bars over getting paid?

They know it will be settled and it’s easy money. 

You think “kavanah’s” accuser settled and got easy money? 

Just now, Cmdjr85 said:

Negative. File criminal charges if this is the situation. 

Most rape victims dont press charge  because they are traumatized and dont wanna face accuser in court. But this is not the case here. Shes filing a lawsuit and willing to see him in Court.

The gap that some seem to be leaping is that she's filing a lawsuit when she should pursue criminal charges.

What we don't know, is whether she approached law enforcement or prosecutors in the appropriate jurisdiction, and they did some sort of investigation and said "not going to charge or prosecute" (which doesn't mean there's no evidence or it didn't happen - just means they don't want to go forward with the case for whatever reason)

Maybe it's a money grab, or maybe it's not.

15 minutes ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

We have due process, probably should wait to see if he's actually legally convicted before going too far with the hatred and personal insults. They are just accusations atm, though I know these days we're all supposed to believe women 100% without actual evidence.

it's not that we should believe them 100%, but we should take the accusations seriously 100% of the time.   Big difference.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

You have zero reasoning. You seem to know this girl is extorting him. Let me ask you a hypothetical, if you were in her shoes and you were raped by a guy that had lots of money, would you go after some of it or would you go the criminal route?

How about if some football player punched your lights out in a bar? Would you forego criminal charges if a financial settlement could be reached?

Would that make you a gold digger?

Would you wait until he punched you in the face in 3 separate incidents?

5 minutes ago, GoFlamesGo said:

The Chung thing is bizarre, wonder if it has something to do with CBA negotiations coming up. The issue here is that AB is so much more high profile, and has behaved so poorly on his prior team that suspension was warranted even from that. He already is walking on as thin ice as you can imagine.

If his text messages are real, even if the rape didn't happen, he did admit to ejaculating on the woman's back (without consent obviously). She wasn't his girlfriend or wife (even then it's on the border of assault). That act/admission alone probably is on par or worse arguable than things like guys like Matt Lauer or Azeez Ansari did, both of whom suffered severe professional consequences. This is the "me too" era/movement for a  reason, this type of behavior is simply NOT OK and cannot be tolerated under any circumstances, money grab or not.

The question is whether his texts can quickly be verified, and whether the league thinks that this misconduct warrants being exempt. Remember, Adrian Peterson lost a season immediately without any trial or judge/jury.

In the Peterson case there was physical evidence that he hurt his son. He explained that he was disciplining him the same way he was disciplined as a child. The mother filed a complaint against him and the authorities investigated. It was clear that he physically abused his child. He didn't believe that he did anything wrong. The authorities and the league felt otherwise.